Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-02-2008   #1
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default My turn to play Rick Smith

1st order of business, resign Demps, Davis, Earl, Kalu, Maddux, Hutchens, I am sure to be missing someone here. Tender Mathis an offer, and hope someone signs him to an offer sheet, nets us a 4th round pick.

2nd Send Frye to OC school

FA signings
(this is my unrealistic wish list)
NG Albert Haynesworth (most likely Franchised) backup plan Jovan Haye (will cost a 6th round pick)
RDE Jared Allen (most likely Franchised) Backup plan Travis LaBoy/ Bobby McCray
CB Daven Holly , Jason Webster (From Houston and A&M), David Macklin
Draft
#18 Dan Connor OLB Penn St
#27 Jeff Otah OT Pitt (trade next year #1 with SD for this years #1)
3rd Dom Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tenn St. ( thehuddlereport.com #87) IMO he's a 2nd round guy.
4th Tasard Choice RB Georgia Tech
5th Brad Cottam, TE Tennessee
6th Jovan Haye TB RFA
7th Daven Holly Cleveland RFA

The FAs are not all going to be available so I do make offers to the RFA.

My defense becomes CBs Bennett, Rodgers-Cromartie starting w/ Robinson on the PUP
Safeties Demps, Brown. Harrison, Earl
LBs Connor, Ryans, Greenwood, Diles, Anderson, Coley
DL - Williams 14 sacks, Haynesworth 6 sacks , Okoye 5.5 , LaBoy 6 sacks, Johnson, Haye, Bulman, Kochran, Kalu

OL - Winston, Spencer, McKinney, Pitts, Otah
Butler, Frye, Briesel , Studdard, Salaam
WR - Johnson, Davis, Walters, Jones
TE - Daniels, Cottam, Dressen
RB - Green, Taylor, Dayne, Choice
FB - Leach, Abbate
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #2
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My turn to play Rick Smith

I like this P.K. but I would rather spend FA. dollars on a stud CB (Trufant) & a pass rusher (Justin Smith).
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read