Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-30-2007   #61
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pitts Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT CSTM View Post
Chester is a friend of mine, he's a good upstanding guy. His Dad is a detective back in Cali. He's mindful and respectful of law enforcement. He's also mindful of his reputation in the community. I guarantee you, and I haven't talked to him yet this morning, that he misunderstood the situation and thought he was clear to leave and strolled off. Supposedly he pulled back over a half mile later which if he was trying to get away he wouldn't have stopped that quick. By the time the cops got back in their cars and ran him back down a half mile or so isn't a "chase". Chester is a very intelligent guy and I in no way see that he would have done anything intentional to defy law enforcement. He's not STUPID like some above posters have said,,,I bet when it comes out it was all a big misunderstanding,,,
Thanks for posting your thoughts. It's good to see some clarity for a stand-up guy like CP. I think this incident will go away when the facts are out.
Old 11-30-2007   #62
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT CSTM View Post
Chester is a friend of mine, he's a good upstanding guy. His Dad is a detective back in Cali. He's mindful and respectful of law enforcement. He's also mindful of his reputation in the community. I guarantee you, and I haven't talked to him yet this morning, that he misunderstood the situation and thought he was clear to leave and strolled off. Supposedly he pulled back over a half mile later which if he was trying to get away he wouldn't have stopped that quick. By the time the cops got back in their cars and ran him back down a half mile or so isn't a "chase". Chester is a very intelligent guy and I in no way see that he would have done anything intentional to defy law enforcement. He's not STUPID like some above posters have said,,,I bet when it comes out it was all a big misunderstanding,,,
Just heard his(CP) comment on 790 and he sounded really upset. I think it was a huge misunderstanding.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #63
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Ok, so tell me again why you chose the username "False Start # 69"?

Just wondering.
Because that was what I had heard so much during the first years of the franchise , it kind of stuck with me . Thats why . I actually have grown to like CP too . He seems like a real good guy from what Ive seen of him in interviews and TV appearances . I'm the type of fan that likes players for their personality . A guy could be a world beater on the field , an A-hole off the field , and I could care less for the guy . A good personality and stand up type of person goes a long way in my book .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!

Last edited by False Start; 11-30-2007 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Clicked submit too soon .
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #64
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
Just heard his(CP) comment on 790 and he sounded really upset. I think it was a huge misunderstanding.
Hey, I didn't hear it. What did he say?
Old 11-30-2007   #65
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Pitts to play on Sunday. Sweet.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5340506.html

Quote:
"I want to start by apologizing to my family first," Pitts said today. "My teammates, my organization, Mr. McNair, and, honestly, I'd like to apologize to the officers. It was clearly a misunderstanding. I would never disrespect the law. My father has been a police officer for 30 years. I have the utmost respect for law enforcement. It was a huge, huge misunderstanding. I'm sorry."
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #66
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Chester has always come across as a bright guy. A half a mile is a 3 min run for some...that's not a high speed chase.
I looked it up because I was curious and figured it was around Reliant due to the time of day and that the paper said Kirby. If the block numbers and descriptions were accurate, it is the distance between Kirby and Fannin--about .7 miles.

You know, about the time it takes for someone to drive off, the police officer realizing the guy drove off, getting to a car, (with a partner, as I recall),driving after the guy to make sure to give the driver the what for, the driver noticing the lights behind him and pulling over some place safe enough to pull over.

McClain's current blog post asks readers to say whether Pitts should be suspended for the game, even before his side of the story is told. Sigh.
Old 11-30-2007   #67
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Hey, I didn't hear it. What did he say?
Tailgate quoted it...
Sponsored links
Old 11-30-2007   #68
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Quote:
McClain's current blog post asks readers to say whether Pitts should be suspended for the game, even before his side of the story is told. Sigh.
"Mouth-Breather" McClain is all about hyping something thats not there.
Old 11-30-2007   #69
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

We got your back, Chester!
Old 11-30-2007   #70
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Pitts Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
We got your back, Chester!
I dunno, those light bulbs he talked me into aren't all that bright, I'm still a little disgruntled....
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #71
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Great analysis TC.

Quote:
You know, its that type of stuff that has me not reading his columns in the Chronicle, and not listening to 610am anymore.
Guilty before proven innocent is McClain's new motto. I wouldn't be suprised if he's the most hated man in the Texans lockerroom.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #72
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Walrus has spoken....or rather grunted in that grunting sound that walruses make.

I think his next blog should ask readers whether McClain should be covering the Texans or not. He'd probably be scared of the results, though, and end up moving to Tennessee.
Old 11-30-2007   #73
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The Walrus has spoken....or rather grunted in that grunting sound that walruses make.

I think his next blog should ask readers whether McClain should be covering the Texans or not. He'd probably be scared of the results, though, and end up moving to Tennessee.
I think McClain had to dump something out really quick, and that is the result. You write enough stuff and are doing enough things, some of those things are not going to be best efforts.

His blog posts after the Fred Weary thing and the Travis Johnson thing were more completely discussed and very fair.
Old 11-30-2007   #74
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see how this could be anything but a mistake because of miscommunication. Given Pitt's background and his personality, it is easy for me to think he thought he had received a verbal warning and been let go. He would not have disobeyed an officer on purpose.
Old 11-30-2007   #75
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

ABC13 said Bob McNair is supporting him, and thats good enough for me.
Old 11-30-2007   #76
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice McClain lets create a blog and ask readers what they think and forget to even ask Pitts his side of it. How about creating a poll if you should be allowd to continue working and doing a crappy job. Yeah fine you used to know people and have great contacts and now you are down to making crappy music videos with crappy songs. You ask the readers to provide something intelligent; is it to much to ask for you to do the same thing? Appearantly so. Please retire it is the best thing you could ever do for sports in Houston.

It is disgusting how so many people did not even wait for Vhester Pitts side of the situation. If the police officer was not so worried about filling his non-exsistant quota and trying to stop multiple people for an illegal turn mistakes like this would not happen. Officers have to be more cautious than ever and they need to have their undivided attention focused on one stop at a time. Having the time divided causes mistakes and mistakes can get an officer killed. Very bad judgement on the officers part.

{Thomas, geez, Merry Christmas to you, too. -- JOHN}

Well I got a Merry Christmas wish from John after my post on his blog. I may have been harsh with my officer comments but I stand behind what I ment by them.
Old 11-30-2007   #77
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I just watched the video at HT.com with Chester, McNair and Kubiak. Chester seemed so very embarrassed, upset, and contrite. No bravado whatsoever. I knew when I heard it originally that there must be some sort of misunderstanding because he is such a stand-up guy. It's easy to give guys like that the benefit of the doubt until the facts come out instead of jumping to conclusions.
Old 12-01-2007   #78
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Pretty soon were going to make the Cowboy's of the 90's look like a bunch of kid from boyscouts of america.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #79
White Runningback
Veteran

At least he didn't go out like this guy:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ScDSZWCevhc

And this didn't happen to him:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yGXH-MwUt5E
White Runningback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008   #80
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stori....2fbafdc1.html

video link on that too

Quote:
Houston Texans offensive lineman, Chester Pitts appeared before a grand jury on Thursday.

He was arrested in November on charges of evading arrest.

Police say Pitts kept driving for eight blocks after they tried to pull him over for making an illegal left turn.

Pitts later apologized to the officers and his team.

He said it was all a misunderstanding.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read