Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2007   #1
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Moore could have been a Texan?

per www.kffl.com

Quote:
Texans | Team contacted by Minnesota about Moore
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:48:43 -0700

Jason Cole, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Minnesota Vikings have contacted the Houston Texans to inform them they have dropped their demand of a third-round draft choice for RB Mewelde Moore. According to league sources, the Vikings will accept a fourth-round draft choice.
As I am not a huge fan of Mewelde I'm glad that this deal was not made; just that I found it interesting that the Vikings were willing to drop the price and the Texans still didn't make the move.

Makes me wonder who on the roster they think is better them Moore, or if he is not better then anyone and then he is not worth giving up a draft pick.

Last edited by Errant Hothy; 10-17-2007 at 09:06 AM.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #2
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Moore could have been a Texan?

Leads me to believe that Houston brass feels a fourth round pick is better than Mewelde Moore.

I tend to agree.
Old 10-17-2007   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Smith and Kubiak regard 4th round picks as players who will become foundations of the franchise. Look at Owen Daniels and Bennett who both appear to be headed toward starting and making significant contributions. I wouldn't give up that for a non-spectacular temporary patch. 6th rounder maybe, but nothing higher.
Old 10-17-2007   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Each year Kubiak has been with us/ will be with us...he's started the behind in picks.

2006- No 5th round pick b/c of Moulds
2007- No 2nd round pick b/c of Schaub
2008- No 2nd round pick b/c of Schaub

We've had two really good drafts the last 2 years imo and thats starting without all 7 picks. I don't want to see us trade away any more picks and if anything trade down, if it warrants it. I'm starting to think if we can start collecting draft picks here and there- they will turn them into gold.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #5
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
Leads me to believe that Houston brass feels a fourth round pick is better than Mewelde Moore.
*DING DING DING*

We have a winner.

Please collect your doorprize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #6
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
*DING DING DING*

We have a winner.

Please collect your doorprize.

One of these days I hoping we can get past these ding ding ding we have a winner posts. Please.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I'd rather not trade any draft picks away. I'd rather keep building through the draft. We traded picks for our franchise QB (and I'm all for it), so let's draft young players which we can groom and keep building around our core players.

Old 10-17-2007   #8
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

We need all of the picks that we have and I believe Mewelde is going to be a free agent in the offseason too. If they have any interest they can go after him there. Minnesota dropping their demands shows that there wasn't much interest in him in the league at that price.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #9
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
One of these days I hoping we can get past these ding ding ding we have a winner posts. Please.
One of these days, I'm hoping we can get past posts that are critical of other posts.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #10
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Mewelde Moore is seen by most analysts I've read as a third down back and not much more. I'd rather have a fourth round pick any day.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I wonder why Minnesota beilieves we'd be interested in a running back.

Kubiak & Sherman decided to go with Green, Dayne, and Lundy.

& while I'd personally like an upgrade in the backfield, those three guys have done about what you'd expect of them with the way the OL's been playing.

I've never seen Dayne or Gado create big plays by themselves.... so to expect them to do so now doesn't make a lot of sense. They knew what they were getting when they picked them to make the team.

I can't see us carrying 4 RBs.... And Green ain't going anywhere.
Old 10-17-2007   #12
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
One of these days, I'm hoping we can get past posts that are critical of other posts.
See I would have been the one to copy and paste her post and say Ding Ding Ding we have a winner just for chits and giggles.

I guess I am to much of a smartass for my own good.
Old 10-17-2007   #13
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I assume Moore would need holes to run through also. Why waste a pick on a guy to watch him run into the back of our O-line as they get blown of the line.

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #14
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hopefully someday we can stop making posts regarding a post critical of another post.

Old 10-17-2007   #15
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
One of these I hope people with nothing to say would do just that - say nothing. Contribute something or move. Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #16
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I think Smith and Kubiak regard 4th round picks as players who will become foundations of the franchise. Look at Owen Daniels and Bennett who both appear to be headed toward starting and making significant contributions. I wouldn't give up that for a non-spectacular temporary patch. 6th rounder maybe, but nothing higher.
Agreed, and factor in not having a 2nd rounder for two years.

I am not complaining about the Schaub decision, but it does impact future trades that involve draft picks.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #17
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem with the ding ding ding we have a winner posts is the poster makes him/herself out to have the right answer all along and is just waiting for someone to post it.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #18
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
The problem with the ding ding ding we have a winner posts is the poster makes him/herself out to have the right answer all along and is just waiting for someone to post it.
I agree there is a certain level of arrogance in a post like that. IMHO
Old 10-17-2007   #19
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I understand, I was just being a dork and having a little fun. Nothing was ment by my comment other than just a smartass being true to form.
Old 10-17-2007   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Hopefully someday we can stop making posts regarding a post critical of another post.

One of these days, I'm hoping that we actually read someone elses post before posting (almost ver batim) the same thing...

J/K

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read