Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-24-2007   #21
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans/Cowgirl notes

interesting that Newman has been diagnosed with the same foot problem that plagued Mario last season.

"Todd Archer reports that Terence Newman has been diagnosed with a case of plantar fasciitis, which is fancy doctor talk for severe pain in the heel. It's likely that the condition will nag Newman all season."

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/
Old 08-24-2007   #22
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
"Todd Archer reports that Terence Newman has been diagnosed with a case of plantar fasciitis, which is fancy doctor talk for severe pain in the heel. It's likely that the condition will nag Newman all season."
I've got Plantar Fasciitis and so does my wife!
Old 08-24-2007   #23
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
interesting that Newman has been diagnosed with the same foot problem that plagued Mario last season.

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/
Yeah...tha's not a good thing for your #1 corner to have.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007   #24
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I've got Plantar Fasciitis and so does my wife!
Ouch! Your house must be a real "House of Pain".....

I had a friend that suffered with that and she was in horrible pain sometimes.

You have my sympathy!
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007   #25
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Just warming up!!
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007   #26
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post

Just warming up!!
Old 08-24-2007   #27
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
Ouch! Your house must be a real "House of Pain".....

I had a friend that suffered with that and she was in horrible pain sometimes.

You have my sympathy!
Sory, it's a lie. I tried to pull a Monty Python 'I'm Brian and so is my wife!'.

I'll take the sympathy anyway though
Old 08-24-2007   #28
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4090 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I got Plantar fiscilus or whatever but that won't keep me out of the game

Quote:
As far was hating the 'Gurls, my hatred runs much deeper than them. I hate everything that is Dallas.. The city, the mavs, the stars and if the Rangers actually played in Dallas probably them too...
Ditto cept the Rangers cause they are in Arlington and have been forever and My great great great grandfather Web Ditto Named Arlington, Texas.

The hatred of the Cowpies is way deeper than 2 teams, All you got to do is go to Chorpus, San Antonio, Austin, Dullass, Ft Worth and say 19 to 10 and you will probably get hurt. The Cowpie fans have driven nails into the coffin that Michael Irvin and his co er I mean Hohorts built. I have a legitimate hate list that looks like this

1. Dullass
2. New Ungland
3. Teetons
4. Jacksonville kitty's
5. Indianupolus Dolts
6. Spittsburgs Steelers
7. I will finish later
Old 08-25-2007   #29
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

McClain lists 5 things the Texans will closely watch in this game:

*Schaub

*Green

*J Jones as WR

*DL

*STs, esp. Mathis/Jones
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #30
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub to face pressure

Quote:
Texans coaches are eager to see how their offense, led by quarterback Matt Schaub, is going to play against a defense coached by a former Texans assistant, defensive coordinator Brian Stewart.

"They threw the whole package at Denver," receiver Andre Johnson said. "It'll give us a chance to see where we are right now."

The Broncos complained that Cowboys defensive players broke an unwritten preseason rule about strategy. They blitzed from every angle.

"That was Dallas' game plan for Denver, and you never know what they're going to throw at us, so we have to be prepared for anything," Johnson said.

Kubiak is going to play his starters from 2 to three quarters.

"This is the preseason game most starters look forward to," Johnson said.

"Since we play most of the game, you get the feeling of a real game."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #31
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 18579 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cowboys are (actually were) "America's Team".

Think they liked it when they were the only team in Texas, now they have to put up the "lowly" Texans. Don't think it helped their ego when they lost to us in year 1. Thinks that sticks in Jerry's "craw" (sp) and most of the cowgirl fans.
Old 08-25-2007   #32
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

It is my hope that if the Cowboys start blitzing the Texans mercilessly that the Texans amp up their defense, just as Belichick did to the Titans in response to the manner in which Brady was being hit.

If the Cowboys do that, then let the gloves come off and return blitz for blitz.
Old 08-25-2007   #33
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
True. We still have players to evaluate. Cook, Frye, the Williams kid at WR, Harrison, Mitchell, Hutchins, and McCleon need more reps against good competition. Dreessen & Steele are still neck & neck for the 4th TE/ST/FB spot. Porter has yet to take any game snaps at QB.

Yeah, it would be "nice" to get the win, but we have much work to get done before the Chiefs come to town. And even if we win, they bluestar followers will all chant, "Its just preseason, who cares?"
Both historically and from what Kubiak has mentioned, we will basicly be treating this game like a regular season game with the starters seeing most of the action. Unless the game is lopsided one way or the other, or we get guys nicked up, I dont think we will be watching many young guys till late in the game, maybe half way thru the 4th quarter.

I think we will see some of the guys that are close to breaking thru the first string though. like hutchins, and jacoby jones.

I just wanna see a well fought game that we play to win, with at the most minor bumps and bruises.
Old 08-25-2007   #34
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
The Cowboys are (actually were) "America's Team".

Think they liked it when they were the only team in Texas, now they have to put up the "lowly" Texans. Don't think it helped their ego when they lost to us in year 1. Thinks that sticks in Jerry's "craw" (sp) and most of the cowgirl fans.
That is incorrect. Since I am one of "they" it didn't make any more difference when we were the only team in Texas as it did when the Oilers were here or the Texans now. Jerry didn't have to vote in favor of adding the expansion team. No one that I know thinks of the Texans as "lowly" although some of the fans are indeed an interesting group.

Our egos were bruised when it was apparent that our team was probably more on par with UT or Oklahoma even though we were in the NFL. The Houston game was the wakeup call to how truly bad that we had gotten. Thank goodness that since hitting rock bottom, things have improved and our hopes are that it will continue for years to come.

Perhaps last October a few fans could have run a little smack about 34-6, but that didn't become the face how we would identify ourselves. The Texans don't concern Jerry any more than a consistent poor showing against any team.

I think that most Cowboys fans will celebrate the success of another Texas team given that we are not in the same conference and the few times we do meet can only provide bragging rights for a week or two at best.

It is my hope that tonights game will provide information for both teams on the pathforward was we head into the regular season.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #35
liltony9144
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to liltony9144 Send a message via Yahoo to liltony9144

Old 08-25-2007   #36
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowboys were termed "America's team" by NFL films...mainly because either you loved to see them win, or you loved to see them lose ..hence you watched them no matter what
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #37
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

posted a new thread in NFL about this blog.. but this was interesting
McClain blogged
Quote:
Then I came to Houston and started covering the Oilers. In a 1977 preseason game, the Oilers defeated the Cowboys. I wrote a story in which center Carl Mauck blasted Cowboys fans in Houston, telling them to get the hell out of Houston and move to Dallas. And he'd help them pack. Defensive end Elvin Bethea echoed Mauck. We ran that story in the Chronicle on Sunday, and it created a firestorm that rages today.
http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2007/08/w...ut_the_co.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #38
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 16898 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Does any body have a link to the cowboys message board? I'd like to see what they have to say about the game.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #39
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Cowboys were termed "America's team" by NFL films...mainly because either you loved to see them win, or you loved to see them lose ..hence you watched them no matter what
It was also because of guys like roger Staubach, and the character he had. Unlike the guys JJx2 wanted. Character did not matter.
Old 08-26-2007   #40
liltony9144
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to liltony9144 Send a message via Yahoo to liltony9144

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post
Does any body have a link to the cowboys message board? I'd like to see what they have to say about the game.
http://blog.dallascowboys.com/forums/

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read