Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Interview!!

I = Interviewer
D = David Carr

(This is paraphrased)

I = He leads the league with a 108 passer rating, and he also leads the league in completion percentage. I'll give you 3 guesses as to who he is, and I bet you'll need 3 more. He's the QB for the Houston Texans, David Carr

I = And he joins us from Houston. OK DC, before Sunday you had 1 win in the last 12 games, what did it feel like waking up Mondy morning?

D= I actually had to convince myself to be in a good mood. I woke up and was ready to go on my radio show I do every Monday morning, and I was like ok act depressed, and then i got ready and said ok, why do I have to act depressed, we won? Its been a while since Ive had that feeling, so it was pretty nice

I=One of Kubes biggest decisions when he entered the Texans was to decide whether or not to keep you around as QB. He thought you had all the talent, but hadn't reached your potential. Do you agree?

D=I definitately agree. There were some things I wanted to get done in the NFL, so I'm glad he decided to be my bigget fan and keep me around.

I=Whats the most important thing you've learned from him?

D=A lot of things. A lot of offseason (preparation for their D), and on the field he's been a great QB coach. I have a lot of respect for him since he's been there in every aspect. He automatically has all my respect.

I=As QB for a losing team, who have you looked for for advice? Who has supported you?

D=My wife, kids, dad, grand pa. Its nice to go hom eand not be the Qb. Just be the son, husband, dad. They've kept me motivated.

I=Sometimes people forget of you as the dad, you've been sacked so many times its almost a punch line. I remember I thought of you differently after I did an interview of you at home, I saw your son running his fingers along the counter and then falling them down, and you know what he was saying righT?

D=Yeah, he stil does. He thinks it makes people laugh to make fun of "daddy getting sacked again." But now thats something we're trying to change, so he gets in trouble now.

I=But he wasn't laughing, he just kept saying "Daddy fall down!"

D=No, he wasn't laughing. But you just gotta laugh. he's just trying to be funny.

I=Your favorite target, AJ, is the league leader in receptions and 3rd in yards. Why isn't he recognizeable?

D=He's so quiet, he goes below the radar. I've worked with him for 5 years and he just now hangs out.

I=Unfortunately in the NFl its not the production but what you do afterwards

D=Exactly, but as long as he continues, its good for him to be under the radar.

I=I heard you bought your OL paintguns last year, did they at least give you some free shots at them for feeling so guilty about the scks?

D=Oh I didn't ask, I just got them a few good times.

I = Interviewer
D = David Carr

(This is paraphrased)

I = He leads the league with a 108 passer rating, and he also leads the league in completion percentage. I'll give you 3 guesses as to who he is, and I bet you'll need 3 more. He's the QB for the Houston Texans, David Carr

I = And he joins us from Houston. OK DC, before Sunday you had 1 win in the last 12 games, what did it feel like waking up Mondy morning?

D= I actually had to convince myself to be in a good mood. I woke up and was ready to go on my radio show I do every Monday morning, and I was like ok act depressed, and then i got ready and said ok, why do I have to act depressed, we won? Its been a while since Ive had that feeling, so it was pretty nice

I=One of Kubes biggest decisions when he entered the Texans was to decide whether or not to keep you around as QB. He thought you had all the talent, but hadn't reached your potential. Do you agree?

D=I definitately agree. There were some things I wanted to get done in the NFL, so I'm glad he decided to be my bigget fan and keep me around.

I=Whats the most important thing you've learned from him?

D=A lot of things. A lot of offseason (preparation for their D), and on the field he's been a great QB coach. I have a lot of respect for him since he's been there in every aspect. He automatically has all my respect.

I=As QB for a losing team, who have you looked for for advice? Who has supported you?

D=My wife, kids, dad, grand pa. Its nice to go hom eand not be the Qb. Just be the son, husband, dad. They've kept me motivated.

I=Sometimes people forget of you as the dad, you've been sacked so many times its almost a punch line. I remember I thought of you differently after I did an interview of you at home, I saw your son running his fingers along the counter and then falling them down, and you know what he was saying righT?

D=Yeah, he stil does. He thinks it makes people laugh to make fun of "daddy getting sacked again." But now thats something we're trying to change, so he gets in trouble now.

I=But he wasn't laughing, he just kept saying "Daddy fall down!"

D=No, he wasn't laughing. But you just gotta laugh. he's just trying to be funny.

I=Your favorite target, AJ, is the league leader in receptions and 3rd in yards. Why isn't he recognizeable?

D=He's so quiet, he goes below the radar. I've worked with him for 5 years and he just now hangs out.

I=Unfortunately in the NFl its not the production but what you do afterwards

D=Exactly, but as long as he continues, its good for him to be under the radar.

I=I heard you bought your OL paintguns last year, did they at least give you some free shots at them for feeling so guilty about the scks?

D=Oh I didn't ask, I just got them a few good times.

thanx.

The Carr family is pretty talented...three football playing sons and one that looks like he is going to be a stand up comedian....or sit down comedian or something.

Carr on Rome? Just might be worth watching. Sad to say that the QB who is leading in passer rating and completion percentage after 4 weeks only recieving side comments.

Carr on Rome? Just might be worth watching. Sad to say that the QB who is leading in passer rating and completion percentage after 4 weeks only recieving side comments.
donno what this means but as long as he is playing well he will get attention. He didn't get as much attention before he was playing this well...cause that's how it works.

Carr will be on Rome tomorrow. Good to see our QB get some positive national rep.
Thanks for the heads up AJ, if I'm able to get near a radio I'd really like to hear the interview.
I'm a big Rome fan, well maybe about 80 -90 % of the time. He can get a little
silly with some of his PC babble, but he is out there in Hollywood and with his etnic/background characteristics , OK I accept it. But most of the time I really like him.
Anyway, he's very biased towards West Coast guys (to Texans, Fresno & Bakersfield, CA are virtually WC), and I know he gave Carr a lot of exposure on his show up thru '04 before the Texans began their steep nose dive in '05.
But Rome has been on the Texans real hard because another of his WC pals, Reggie Boy, was left on the Board in April by the Texans. I'm hoping Rome gets into that with Carr, you know the whole Mario vs Reggie discussion, in
atleast a half-way candid manner.

again, can anyone tell me when it airs?? and its radio not his tv show?

If you're in Houston, The Jungle airs from 11 am - 2 pm on 610 AM. Not sure what hour Carr will be on. If you listen to the open (the first 10 minutes or so) Rome will usually run down the guest list and tell you what hour they will be on.

What snide comments?

No offense Vinny, but you must be joking with this, right? Its pretty obvious that if Carr threw a 100 yard TD on the last play of the game, and the ball was in the air for 98 yards, you would comment on the fact that it took too long for the ball to get there, so he must have a throwing motion problem.

I talk about his game and he has played well lately. When he doesn't play well I say it even though you guys would rather me lie about what I see and be more of a blind homer admin fan guy. I can't do that because I choose credibility over popularity.

No offense Vinny, but you must be joking with this, right? Its pretty obvious that if Carr threw a 100 yard TD on the last play of the game, and the ball was in the air for 98 yards, you would comment on the fact that it took too long for the ball to get there, so he must have a throwing motion problem.

Hold on a second professor. Snide was not used by the original poster. As in another thread it should be referred to as a side comment. Snide came out of the air and pouncing on another member is your prerogative, but context must be put into perspective.

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?p=460960#post460960

His son making fun of him was priceless. Past that I will just say it's good to see that he's getting some spotlight and some props.

Snide came out of the air and pouncing on another member is your prerogative, but context must be put into perspective.

Oh, I'm not too sure about that. As for "pouncing" on anyone, I don't think I've pounced at all. Just a bit tedious hearing all the drivel when Carr gets blind-sided and coughs up the ball it's his fault for "not hanging on" and never the lineman's fault for waving a matador cape at the DE.

The source of most of this bile is none other than our esteemed administrator, for which he is entitled to his opinion, but I think it's time someone put into proper perspective.

I think the shots he was talking about are:
1. Interviewer saying she'll give you 3 guesses, and you'd still need another 3
-This implies that no one thought Carr could be top rated passer

2. Interviewer saying that Carr being sacked is a punchline
-It sort of is

Basically, all the crap about the sacks is probably whatthe guy was talkinga bout. I personally like the honest, non-PC interviews. Carr holds the record for most sacks in a season, and then broke it himself. He should be able to talk about it, and it is funny.

Oh, I'm not too sure about that. As for "pouncing" on anyone, I don't think I've pounced at all. Just a bit tedious hearing all the drivel when Carr gets blind-sided and coughs up the ball it's his fault for "not hanging on" and never the lineman's fault for waving a matador cape at the DE.

The source of most of this bile is none other than our esteemed administrator, for which he is entitled to his opinion, but I think it's time someone put into proper perspective.

I read a thread earlier this morning by Vinny that said Carr was in his list of top ten QBs in the league right now. He did say it was in the bottom of the top 10 list but moving up.

What a slam.

Hold on a second professor. Snide was not used by the original poster. As in another thread it should be referred to as a side comment. Snide came out of the air and pouncing on another member is your prerogative, but context must be put into perspective.

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?p=460960#post460960

I saw it and that PTI comment was a snide comment too ;)

But as I said, after rereading, I think Vinny was not referring to David as the comedian, so again, my apologies for stirring up trouble.

Perspective would be to look at your last 9 posts which is nothing but a virtual jihad against another member.

Tedious as it may be for you to hear those comments, it has been diifucult for many of us to watch who have been Texans fans since day one. We are starting to see the QB we thought we drafted 5 years ago. If your goal is to have people get off of Carr's back then you should be looking at the way the board is moving in total and realize that Carr is turning the page and this former market of bears are startng to get bullish on DC. You pouncing on another member does nothing but open old wounds.

Im surprised no one is jumping all over this comment:

"You mean he has to ACT depressed after a loss? OMG Carr is the DEBIL!"

I guess it just goes to show that winning is the cure-all. It shuts up the haters quicker than a swift kick in the teeth.

I guess it just goes to show that winning is the cure-all. It shuts up the haters quicker than a swift kick in the teeth.

It is an incredibly novel idea and concept. Goes to show that it may have not been hate, but that expectations are finally being met.

great...as for the carr interview on the jim rome show..well the corpus christi affiliate ESPN 1230 has playoff baseball on now....grrr!!! someone post the gist of the convo on a new topic or in this topic. i wanna know what kinda props rome gives us and carr.

Birds of a feather...and one taking up for the other because to not do so would show no loyalty to said opinions LOL It's ok, Chad forgives you :)

Im surprised no one is jumping all over this comment:

"You mean he has to ACT depressed after a loss? OMG Carr is the DEBIL!"

What was up with that statement. He had to make himself SOUND depressed every week, and so then he was, and Monday he had to make himself excited? I like David, but WHAT DOES THAT MEAN????
Might be taking it out of context but that is really immature. And if I felt it, I sure wouldn't state that in an interview. Geez, what was he thinking?

Perspective would be to look at your last 9 posts which is nothing but a virtual jihad against another member.

Wow, I wasn't aware I 'd surpassed the 9 post count! I'm flattered you took the time, however little it may be, to look up my last 9 posts...I think? And if that counts for a "virtual jihad", then may I be the first to tell you Allahu Akbar!

...it has been diifucult for many of us to watch who have been Texans fans since day one.

Oh dear, resorting to the "true fans" card this early? :confused:

You pouncing on another member does nothing but open old wounds.

I'm sorry if it opens old war wounds as I simply wasn't aware message board drama could be so traumatic. Maybe it's time for a break from the boards if things on here have that much effect on you?

Kaiser, I'm not overly concerned if you found the one post where he admitted a slight, begrudging respect for David Carr, sans the usual caveats. I don't really care about one player more than another - they all play for my team. I will say I find it slightly amusing that I'm being called the "David Carr Fan Boy Club President" by the "Vinny Fan Boy Club President".

Here's to you Mr. self-aggrandising professional sports team message board moderator! Without you, us peons would know nothing about the game we've played and followed since birth.

I missed the interview on Rome too. But I hope Carr brought up the fact that Rome was ranting and raving about how stupid the Texans are right after the draft. I can't stand Rome, he goes off on the same regurgitated rants that most everyone else does on that network. I would love to hear a fresh perspective from him. I must admit I have not seen a ton of it however, just can't bear to watch I guess.

They should change the name of that show and call it "Jim Rome's Pee is Burning". lol:

TenanfaninCC-
I'm giving you rep just for the avatar. Because, of course, we all need more cowbell.

Back