Interview!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gtexan02, Oct 3, 2006.

1. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Hey guys,

Tv interview of Carr on "Totally Football" on CSN (I think its FSN wher eyou are). Watch it!!

2. real

real Guest

Que Hora ?

3. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

It just came on. Very interesting. The lady really busted him about the sacks. Good interview.

4. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Would it be worth it to do a transcript? Do you guys want me to?

5. real

real Guest

please...:)

6. rockabilly

rockabilly Veteran

I think it reruns at 6

7. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

It's on-time as of now 6:08

8. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I = Interviewer
    D = David Carr

(This is paraphrased)

I = He leads the league with a 108 passer rating, and he also leads the league in completion percentage. I'll give you 3 guesses as to who he is, and I bet you'll need 3 more. He's the QB for the Houston Texans, David Carr

I = And he joins us from Houston. OK DC, before Sunday you had 1 win in the last 12 games, what did it feel like waking up Mondy morning?

D= I actually had to convince myself to be in a good mood. I woke up and was ready to go on my radio show I do every Monday morning, and I was like ok act depressed, and then i got ready and said ok, why do I have to act depressed, we won? Its been a while since Ive had that feeling, so it was pretty nice

I=One of Kubes biggest decisions when he entered the Texans was to decide whether or not to keep you around as QB. He thought you had all the talent, but hadn't reached your potential. Do you agree?

D=I definitately agree. There were some things I wanted to get done in the NFL, so I'm glad he decided to be my bigget fan and keep me around.

I=Whats the most important thing you've learned from him?

D=A lot of things. A lot of offseason (preparation for their D), and on the field he's been a great QB coach. I have a lot of respect for him since he's been there in every aspect. He automatically has all my respect.

I=As QB for a losing team, who have you looked for for advice? Who has supported you?

D=My wife, kids, dad, grand pa. Its nice to go hom eand not be the Qb. Just be the son, husband, dad. They've kept me motivated.

I=Sometimes people forget of you as the dad, you've been sacked so many times its almost a punch line. I remember I thought of you differently after I did an interview of you at home, I saw your son running his fingers along the counter and then falling them down, and you know what he was saying righT?

D=Yeah, he stil does. He thinks it makes people laugh to make fun of "daddy getting sacked again." But now thats something we're trying to change, so he gets in trouble now.

I=But he wasn't laughing, he just kept saying "Daddy fall down!"

D=No, he wasn't laughing. But you just gotta laugh. he's just trying to be funny.

I=Your favorite target, AJ, is the league leader in receptions and 3rd in yards. Why isn't he recognizeable?

D=He's so quiet, he goes below the radar. I've worked with him for 5 years and he just now hangs out.

I=Unfortunately in the NFl its not the production but what you do afterwards

D=Exactly, but as long as he continues, its good for him to be under the radar.

I=I heard you bought your OL paintguns last year, did they at least give you some free shots at them for feeling so guilty about the scks?

D=Oh I didn't ask, I just got them a few good times.

Scooter and LBC_Justin like this.
  9. southtexan

southtexan Veteran

thanx.

10. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Carr will be on Rome tomorrow. Good to see our QB get some positive national rep.

11. Cgold

Cgold Rookie

he will be on rome wed. afternoon?? do you know what time it airs?

12. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

The Carr family is pretty talented...three football playing sons and one that looks like he is going to be a stand up comedian....or sit down comedian or something.

13. NJ Texan

NJ Texan Rookie

Carr on Rome? Just might be worth watching. Sad to say that the QB who is leading in passer rating and completion percentage after 4 weeks only recieving side comments.

14. Vinny

donno what this means but as long as he is playing well he will get attention. He didn't get as much attention before he was playing this well...cause that's how it works.

15. noxiousdog

noxiousdog All Pro

He was talking about your snide comments.

16. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Thanks for the heads up AJ, if I'm able to get near a radio I'd really like to hear the interview.
    I'm a big Rome fan, well maybe about 80 -90 % of the time. He can get a little
    silly with some of his PC babble, but he is out there in Hollywood and with his etnic/background characteristics , OK I accept it. But most of the time I really like him.
    Anyway, he's very biased towards West Coast guys (to Texans, Fresno & Bakersfield, CA are virtually WC), and I know he gave Carr a lot of exposure on his show up thru '04 before the Texans began their steep nose dive in '05.
    But Rome has been on the Texans real hard because another of his WC pals, Reggie Boy, was left on the Board in April by the Texans. I'm hoping Rome gets into that with Carr, you know the whole Mario vs Reggie discussion, in
    atleast a half-way candid manner.

17. Cgold

Cgold Rookie

again, can anyone tell me when it airs?? and its radio not his tv show?

18. Vinny

What snide comments?

19. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

If you're in Houston, The Jungle airs from 11 am - 2 pm on 610 AM. Not sure what hour Carr will be on. If you listen to the open (the first 10 minutes or so) Rome will usually run down the guest list and tell you what hour they will be on.

20. PeekingDuck

PeekingDuck Guest

No offense Vinny, but you must be joking with this, right? Its pretty obvious that if Carr threw a 100 yard TD on the last play of the game, and the ball was in the air for 98 yards, you would comment on the fact that it took too long for the ball to get there, so he must have a throwing motion problem.