Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Season over for Buchanon

Did it ever start
1b_1_b.JPG

Texans_Chick said:
We were going to see Mathis returning punts anyway this weekend, without Buchanon being out for the entire season.

As much as y'all dislike Buchanon's play, it is completely uncool to be overjoyed at someone's season ending injury.

Just saying.

Why??? The guy was just collecting a paycheck anyway. He's probably as happy about it as we are.

Texans_Chick said:
We were going to see Mathis returning punts anyway this weekend, without Buchanon being out for the entire season.

As much as y'all dislike Buchanon's play, it is completely uncool to be overjoyed at someone's season ending injury.

Just saying.
well regardless of what ever it is...glad to have him outta the line up...he's not dead...just has a sprained ankle...calm down

the wonger need food said:
Why??? The guy was just collecting a paycheck anyway. He's probably as happy about it as we are.

xtruroyaltyx said:
well regardless of what ever it is...glad to have him outta the line up...he's not dead...just has a sprained ankle...calm down

I'm chill. Just making an observation.

I just wonder about fans who are happy when their own players get injured.

Texans_Chick said:
I'm chill. Just making an observation.

I just wonder about fans who are happy when their own players get injured.

Don't worry about it. You are right.

I never wish injury on anybody and the fact that this injury isn't serious, this is going to be a good thing for the team.

1) Mathis returning punts is what I've been waiting for all year.

2) I don't know much about Sanders, but he played a pretty impressive game Sunday night. Will be interesting to see if he keeps that up.

Speedy said:
I never wish injury on anybody and the fact that this injury isn't serious, this is going to be a good thing for the team.

1) Mathis returning punts is what I've been waiting for all year.

2) I don't know much about Sanders, but he played a pretty impressive game Sunday night. Will be interesting to see if he keeps that up.

Hard to say what is good for the team in advance--maybe it is good, maybe not. Marciano has been trying to give Mathis reps at punts throughout the season, but Johnny has been hurt on and off. I think he will be good at it, and he was slotted to do this on Sunday even before we knew that Buchanon was out for the season.

Personally, I can't think it is a good thing for the Texans that we have less depth and experience at db than we already have.

Ah well. He'll be ok. I think the acked up part of the injury is that it came from his own team mate, Travis Johnson. I think they ended up stopping the play. Buchanon didn't have an impressive start here and at alot of times was suspect, but he has all made some plays as well. Hope he gets better.

This is really wierd. I've never heard of anyone getting put on IR for a high ankle sprain. I think this is an under-the-table way of getting rid of him.

phan1 said:
This is really wierd. I've never heard of anyone getting put on IR for a high ankle sprain. I think this is an under-the-table way of getting rid of him.

It might be a way of getting him out of line of fire I agree. Buchanon has had a bad year, even by the standards of this defense and nobody looks very smart for bringing him here while he's out there getting so much negative attention. I think he might be getting swept under the rug.

Hervoyel said:
It might be a way of getting him out of line of fire I agree. Buchanon has had a bad year, even by the standards of this defense and nobody looks very smart for bringing him here while he's out there getting so much negative attention. I think he might be getting swept under the rug.

along with his potential new contract :read:

Texans_Chick said:
Hard to say what is good for the team in advance--maybe it is good, maybe not. Marciano has been trying to give Mathis reps at punts throughout the season, but Johnny has been hurt on and off. I think he will be good at it, and he was slotted to do this on Sunday even before we knew that Buchanon was out for the season.

Personally, I can't think it is a good thing for the Texans that we have less depth and experience at db than we already have.

Trust me, after watching American Football, Rugby Union, Rugby League and Australian Football, it's a good thing for the Texans that P-Buc is done for the season. He was lucky to have lasted this long.

In Union or League (especially League) he would have been dropped after his 3rd game back to the reserves and cut at the end of the season. He isn't going to be a loss no matter what anyone says. He wouldn't even make it as an Australian Football player I can guarantee you of that ...

I never like to hear about injuries, but I have to admit, a high sprain putting him out for the rest of the season does seem odd. I hope the guy gets better, but I also hope he isn't around next year. You can argue that the zone D we play hindered him, and you can argue that he is not making the big plays because he knows that the season is over. But I contend that he's been missing tackles since Buffalo, and hasn't shown any improvement. IMO, his one big play against Cleveland looked like luck because the receiver had him beat. All in all, I am ready to see this guy gone and hope that the Texans draft somebody into this position for next year. With the Jags, Titans, and Colts, the AFC has some great passing games, and we need a strong secondary to defend against them.

Mathis worked alot on punt returns so maybe he can do well. But anytime he touches the ball, he's a threat to score.

rmartin65 said:
Mathis worked alot on punt returns so maybe he can do well. But anytime he touches the ball, he's a threat to score.

Let's hope he wont get smacked up by those punt returns, gets injured and fumbles the ball. I'm hoping that he'll pull it off, but it's very different from the kickoff returns he excells at.

phan1 said:

A high ankle sprain for a db will keep him out for 4-5 weeks. It's not like a lineman or a fullback with an ankle sprain. They don't have to run at full speed. Dbs do. Since there are only 6 weeks left, he probably wouldn't play again this season anyway. Might as well get a healthy body on the active roster. This late in the season, you'll start seeing guys put on IR for minor injuries because a season ending injury at this point is only 6 weeks.

erickwsmom said:
A high ankle sprain for a db will keep him out for 4-5 weeks. It's not like a lineman or a fullback with an ankle sprain. They don't have to run at full speed. Dbs do. Since there are only 6 weeks left, he probably wouldn't play again this season anyway. Might as well get a healthy body on the active roster. This late in the season, you'll start seeing guys put on IR for minor injuries because a season ending injury at this point is only 6 weeks.

But but... what about the playoffs ? :)

High ankle sprains are not to be taken lightly. Shutting down PBuc is a good idea as his game is not suited in a conservative zone defense. Let him sit and get some valuable playing time for others.

As much as I may not like a player I cannot understand how people can find joy in one's injury. This ain't a video game, someone is actually hurt here.

A high ankle sprain, and people are saying "don't be overjoyed"?

He didn't break anything. He doesn't need reconstructive surgery. He wasn't knocked out and had to be revived. He wasn't carried out on a board and potentialy paralyzed.

If it's a sprain, which happens to players all the time, as well as to most people all over the world who engage in mild physical activity, then why all the fake sympathy as if you're the great equalizers of justice and righteousness springing into action to call down evil posters who are "overjoyed" at the expense of such a DEVASTATING injury?

It's...a...sprain.

Here's what's funny: With as many times as Phyllis has poked an arm out at ball carriers, trying to play flag football, how did he last this long into the season without a ball carrier juking and breaking his ankles off? The guy is 99% of the time in the worst position to make a tackle, with the exception of a few solid plays after he came back from being benched. Then, it was right back to the same old bull fighting "matador" style of arm tackling even to the point of not even trying to leave his feet to lay a hit.

Sorry, this is the best news all year.

His play has been so horrid, that I even envision it all going like this:

Trainer to Capers: "Phillip will be fine, it's actually a very mild sprain and he'll be back in two days to top condition..."

Capers to his grandson: "Great news, Phillip is coming back and reayd to go against the Rams..."

Grandson to Capers: "What? No grandpa, you don't understand something here. You see, Phyllis is part of the problem. In case you haven't seen the game film....ummm, well...I mean, since you obviously haven't seen the game film, Phyllis gets smoked more often than a Thanksgiving turkey. The trainer said he'll be back in a few days? No. He has a SEVERE high ankle sprain and he'll be out for the rest of the year. Got it?"

Capers to grandson: "Hang on, let me get my little notepad out. (Writing) Ok, I got it. (Standing there in front of his grandson with his mouth wide open)....I'll let Phillip know ASAP"

Grandson to Capers: "...Uh, grandpa? You can go now. You have a team to sink."

Capers to grandson: "...Oh, yeah. I almost forgot, thanks!"

Back