Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-23-2005   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Season over for Buchanon

This couldn't come soon enough... http://houstonchronicle.com/disp/sto...l/3481387.html

Now we'll get to see Mathis returning punts!!!
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #2
real

great news
Old 11-23-2005   #3
bigcarlos
Veteran

Did it ever start
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #4
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

is phillip gonna be realesed after this season or do yall think the texans will hold on to him

hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #5
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Really classy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
This couldn't come soon enough... http://houstonchronicle.com/disp/sto...l/3481387.html

Now we'll get to see Mathis returning punts!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
great news

We were going to see Mathis returning punts anyway this weekend, without Buchanon being out for the entire season.

As much as y'all dislike Buchanon's play, it is completely uncool to be overjoyed at someone's season ending injury.

Just saying.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #6
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
We were going to see Mathis returning punts anyway this weekend, without Buchanon being out for the entire season.

As much as y'all dislike Buchanon's play, it is completely uncool to be overjoyed at someone's season ending injury.

Just saying.
Why??? The guy was just collecting a paycheck anyway. He's probably as happy about it as we are.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #7
real

Quote:

Just saying.
well regardless of what ever it is...glad to have him outta the line up...he's not dead...just has a sprained ankle...calm down
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2005   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Have you ever had a high ankle sprain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Why??? The guy was just collecting a paycheck anyway. He's probably as happy about it as we are.
Quote:
well regardless of what ever it is...glad to have him outta the line up...he's not dead...just has a sprained ankle...calm down

I'm chill. Just making an observation.

I just wonder about fans who are happy when their own players get injured.
Old 11-23-2005   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm chill. Just making an observation.

I just wonder about fans who are happy when their own players get injured.
Don't worry about it. You are right.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #10
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 56442 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I never wish injury on anybody and the fact that this injury isn't serious, this is going to be a good thing for the team.

1) Mathis returning punts is what I've been waiting for all year.

2) I don't know much about Sanders, but he played a pretty impressive game Sunday night. Will be interesting to see if he keeps that up.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Default We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
I never wish injury on anybody and the fact that this injury isn't serious, this is going to be a good thing for the team.

1) Mathis returning punts is what I've been waiting for all year.

2) I don't know much about Sanders, but he played a pretty impressive game Sunday night. Will be interesting to see if he keeps that up.
Hard to say what is good for the team in advance--maybe it is good, maybe not. Marciano has been trying to give Mathis reps at punts throughout the season, but Johnny has been hurt on and off. I think he will be good at it, and he was slotted to do this on Sunday even before we knew that Buchanon was out for the season.

Personally, I can't think it is a good thing for the Texans that we have less depth and experience at db than we already have.
Old 11-23-2005   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

from what i saw, Jason Bell looked pretty good, at least, compared to buchanon
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #13
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Ah well. He'll be ok. I think the acked up part of the injury is that it came from his own team mate, Travis Johnson. I think they ended up stopping the play. Buchanon didn't have an impressive start here and at alot of times was suspect, but he has all made some plays as well. Hope he gets better.
Old 11-24-2005   #14
phan1
All Pro

This is really wierd. I've never heard of anyone getting put on IR for a high ankle sprain. I think this is an under-the-table way of getting rid of him.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan1
This is really wierd. I've never heard of anyone getting put on IR for a high ankle sprain. I think this is an under-the-table way of getting rid of him.

It might be a way of getting him out of line of fire I agree. Buchanon has had a bad year, even by the standards of this defense and nobody looks very smart for bringing him here while he's out there getting so much negative attention. I think he might be getting swept under the rug.
Old 11-24-2005   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
It might be a way of getting him out of line of fire I agree. Buchanon has had a bad year, even by the standards of this defense and nobody looks very smart for bringing him here while he's out there getting so much negative attention. I think he might be getting swept under the rug.
along with his potential new contract
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005   #17
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

Quote:
Hard to say what is good for the team in advance--maybe it is good, maybe not. Marciano has been trying to give Mathis reps at punts throughout the season, but Johnny has been hurt on and off. I think he will be good at it, and he was slotted to do this on Sunday even before we knew that Buchanon was out for the season.

Personally, I can't think it is a good thing for the Texans that we have less depth and experience at db than we already have.
Trust me, after watching American Football, Rugby Union, Rugby League and Australian Football, it's a good thing for the Texans that P-Buc is done for the season. He was lucky to have lasted this long.

In Union or League (especially League) he would have been dropped after his 3rd game back to the reserves and cut at the end of the season. He isn't going to be a loss no matter what anyone says. He wouldn't even make it as an Australian Football player I can guarantee you of that ...
Old 11-24-2005   #18
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
great news
When someone is hit by injury it's never good news, no matter how much you dislike the person.
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005   #19
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I never like to hear about injuries, but I have to admit, a high sprain putting him out for the rest of the season does seem odd. I hope the guy gets better, but I also hope he isn't around next year. You can argue that the zone D we play hindered him, and you can argue that he is not making the big plays because he knows that the season is over. But I contend that he's been missing tackles since Buffalo, and hasn't shown any improvement. IMO, his one big play against Cleveland looked like luck because the receiver had him beat. All in all, I am ready to see this guy gone and hope that the Texans draft somebody into this position for next year. With the Jags, Titans, and Colts, the AFC has some great passing games, and we need a strong secondary to defend against them.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005   #20
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mathis worked alot on punt returns so maybe he can do well. But anytime he touches the ball, he's a threat to score.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read