Season over for Buchanon

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by the wonger need food, Nov 23, 2005.

1. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

2. real

real Guest

great news

3. bigcarlos

bigcarlos Veteran

Did it ever start
    [​IMG]

4. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

is phillip gonna be realesed after this season or do yall think the texans will hold on to him

:texflag:

5. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

We were going to see Mathis returning punts anyway this weekend, without Buchanon being out for the entire season.

As much as y'all dislike Buchanon's play, it is completely uncool to be overjoyed at someone's season ending injury.

Just saying.

6. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Why??? The guy was just collecting a paycheck anyway. He's probably as happy about it as we are.

7. real

real Guest

well regardless of what ever it is...glad to have him outta the line up...he's not dead...just has a sprained ankle...calm down

8. Texans_Chick

I'm chill. Just making an observation.

I just wonder about fans who are happy when their own players get injured.

9. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Don't worry about it. You are right.

10. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

I never wish injury on anybody and the fact that this injury isn't serious, this is going to be a good thing for the team.

1) Mathis returning punts is what I've been waiting for all year.

2) I don't know much about Sanders, but he played a pretty impressive game Sunday night. Will be interesting to see if he keeps that up.

11. Texans_Chick

Hard to say what is good for the team in advance--maybe it is good, maybe not. Marciano has been trying to give Mathis reps at punts throughout the season, but Johnny has been hurt on and off. I think he will be good at it, and he was slotted to do this on Sunday even before we knew that Buchanon was out for the season.

Personally, I can't think it is a good thing for the Texans that we have less depth and experience at db than we already have.

12. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

from what i saw, Jason Bell looked pretty good, at least, compared to buchanon

13. HoustonFan

HoustonFan Hall of Fame

Ah well. He'll be ok. I think the acked up part of the injury is that it came from his own team mate, Travis Johnson. I think they ended up stopping the play. Buchanon didn't have an impressive start here and at alot of times was suspect, but he has all made some plays as well. Hope he gets better.

14. phan1

phan1 All Pro

This is really wierd. I've never heard of anyone getting put on IR for a high ankle sprain. I think this is an under-the-table way of getting rid of him.

15. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

It might be a way of getting him out of line of fire I agree. Buchanon has had a bad year, even by the standards of this defense and nobody looks very smart for bringing him here while he's out there getting so much negative attention. I think he might be getting swept under the rug.

16. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

along with his potential new contract :read:

17. J-Storm

J-Storm Veteran

Trust me, after watching American Football, Rugby Union, Rugby League and Australian Football, it's a good thing for the Texans that P-Buc is done for the season. He was lucky to have lasted this long.

In Union or League (especially League) he would have been dropped after his 3rd game back to the reserves and cut at the end of the season. He isn't going to be a loss no matter what anyone says. He wouldn't even make it as an Australian Football player I can guarantee you of that ...

18. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

When someone is hit by injury it's never good news, no matter how much you dislike the person.

19. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

I never like to hear about injuries, but I have to admit, a high sprain putting him out for the rest of the season does seem odd. I hope the guy gets better, but I also hope he isn't around next year. You can argue that the zone D we play hindered him, and you can argue that he is not making the big plays because he knows that the season is over. But I contend that he's been missing tackles since Buffalo, and hasn't shown any improvement. IMO, his one big play against Cleveland looked like luck because the receiver had him beat. All in all, I am ready to see this guy gone and hope that the Texans draft somebody into this position for next year. With the Jags, Titans, and Colts, the AFC has some great passing games, and we need a strong secondary to defend against them.

20. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Mathis worked alot on punt returns so maybe he can do well. But anytime he touches the ball, he's a threat to score.