Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Coaching Change ?
Now 87 54.04%
Wait till 2006 69 42.86%
No change necessary 5 3.11%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2005   #41
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care anymore, I'm putting Ibar on ignore. It's like listening to my seven year old nephew make suggestions on how to make this team better. Normally my ignore list is off limits for me because I need to see what everyone is posting in order to moderate but for this I've got to make an exception. I just can't stand it anymore.

Boselli as head coach.....inexplicable. It's like he's channeling crazy dead people or something.
Old 09-12-2005   #42
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I don't care anymore, I'm putting Ibar on ignore. It's like listening to my seven year old nephew make suggestions on how to make this team better. Normally my ignore list is off limits for me because I need to see what everyone is posting in order to moderate but for this I've got to make an exception. I just can't stand it anymore.

Boselli as head coach.....inexplicable. It's like he's channeling crazy dead people or something.
At least he wouldn't stand there with his mouth open and nothing coming out. The point is we need to do something and they have obviously made it impossible to change anything, because of the point in time of the season. Like others I think you need to look else where because this coaching staff is so intertwined. They all think alike. We need change. Mr. B might really make a good O-line coach. Take your glasses off and think a little bit. What's amazing is I have been saying what's going to happen and all of you think I'm crazy. The crazy part is I have pegged the situation better than most of you who are criticizing me. Some of what I say is toungue in cheek, but unfortunately there is also an element of truth in it to. Please Herv, open your eyes, I love the Texans but not the coaches. I've been posting for a long time the players are getting a bad rap when its the coaches who are at fault. I hear players taking the blame, but I never hear it from the coaches.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #43
profan
Veteran

Default Admit it Coaches/You blew this game!

I don't like Bill Parcells, but when his team turns in a bad performance, he shoulders the blame and takes action to correct the problem. I don't hear the texan coaches admiting mistakes were made. Give the players a chance. The cowboys addressed the problems in the off-season and appear to be a better team. We do not appear to have corrected our problems. Where was the 3 step drop and quick release? This was the least prepared texan team i have ever seen and the coaches need to be held accountable.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #44
drwillis

Default Palmer must go

It has become clear that Chris Palmer must go as the Texans OC. This team needs a shock in the offensive category that can only come from a change in coaches. While they are at it, they should replace the O-Line coaches as well. This team has some good players on the offensive line, but I think they lack coaching on how to pick up a freaking blitz or even read one at that. Case in point: the Indianapolis Colts O-Line is probably one of the smallest in the league. Playing against one of the best Defenses in the league last night, they were able to keep Mannings head attached. If David Carr does not have the ability to work with the O-Line to read Defenses, maybe we should find another QB. I really like the kids toughness and his arm strength, but come on.... learn to read a defense please before you get killed out there.
I love that my hometown has another football team, but it is hard being a fan of a team like the one that showed up yesterday.
Old 09-12-2005   #45
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Of course I'm refering to Boselli. You know what, he might even make a good head coach. Yes, we are that desperate................
Yeah, that's it. Boselli for head coach!!
What you think Ses?
Old 09-12-2005   #46
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Default Jimmy Johnson with Bob McNair makes sense now!!

I think JJ's time in houston is now. This guy doesn't need 4 years to build a winner. The OL we should keep Chester Pitt and Wade and send the rest packing. And as far as the linebackers.. it seems that Caper doesn't know how to evaluate talent..we got red of Jeff Posey the one season sack record holder with the Texans..we let Steve Foley go and now he is a productive LB with San Diago Sharper might've been slower that Greenwood but he was around the ball all the time Forman was a great backup. Antwan Peek is not a starter and Babin is lazy. I never read any where were he is in the wheight room in the off season, all I read about him is his hunting ranch. P.Buc was torched yesterday..It burns my *** to see this Orginzation getting rid of proven players before the new one they brought in can prove that they can take their spot. And for those who are asking for Caserly is head. CC isn't the one who evaluate talent, he just signs the ones the scouts and Capers ask for. I say bring JJ on board.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #47
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Jimmy Johnson? I would sooner promote Palmer to head coach with a 10 year deal.
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2005   #48
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

I would love to see JJ in Houston as the head coach. He has a fire for the game, will get in players a** for botching a play, and I think he's a better judge of the team's needs.

This team in my opinion has needed more offensive help than anything. I almost feel like Carr is not very confident in his O-line - I mean after getting sacked so many times I don't think I'd be either. He's got a great arm and can get out of situations we've seen it very few times. I question why Reggie Swinton and Sloan Thomas were cut -they played very well in the of-season, even though we lost 3 times. That made no sense. Surely that would have meant more wide out options aside from AJ. Our Triple Threat of DC, AJ, and DD has not made much noise and I think that is a big shame, Chris Palmer. As far as defense go, I think they can only do so much when offense is not putting up much of a fight to keep possession of the ball. They have given up some yards, though, and they could rush the passer more. Afterall weren't they supposed to be leaner and quicker this season??? Why aren't they able to get to the QB???

Bottomline, WE WANT THIS TEAM TO WIN!!!!!!!!!
HoustonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #49
TigerBait
Veteran

Ok, Spurrier.
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #50
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
Jimmy Johnson? I would sooner promote Palmer to head coach with a 10 year deal.
Are you serious???
Old 09-12-2005   #51
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

if tony siragusa can do color commentary on the sidelines then why not tony boselli a coach? stranger things then that have happened with fat men named tony...

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #52
Diehardtexan
Veteran

JJ as head coach...Goerge Seifert as Offensive coordinator and bring in new blood from college for the D or even keep Caper for that mater and get rid of Fangio.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #53
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man
Coaching change now but not Capers. Palmer needs to go and then maybe Capers and Fanigo will realize it is time to wake up and start being more aggressive.
Capers is a micro-manager who is also a control freak. Butch Davis was the
same way in Cleveland before he resigned but Capers carries it further
with is note taking (afraid he'll miss something). How much input do you
think Capers gives his OC/DC? I'll bet he runs/controls this offense more
than Palmer. If Palmer calls the plays, I'll bet it's from a short list from
Capers. I'm not saying Palmer is the answer but letting Capers stay will
only be more of what we've seen already. He is the problem.

There were a couple of good points on 610 today that echo what several
posters have mentioned. First, Buffalo's Head Coach(2nd yr) put his new QB
starter in a position to succeed--Capers does not do that. Second, Buff
determined they needed to revamp their OL and started by signing a LT.
...several other teams signed new LT's, as well. No one in the NFL has a
worse 'result oriented' OL than the Texans and we all saw the same
yesterday. Gel? That's a big part of the Texans problem. First, it was the
expansion label--now, it's 'gel.' While the Texans need time for their OL to
'gel' other teams--like the Bills with their second yr rookie coach-make it
happen...it's all about what you'll accept.

No, IMO, if we're going to keep Capers then no other changes will help--
in fact, for Capers, it's just an excuse for 'gelling' to the new change.
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #54
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardtexan
JJ as head coach...Goerge Seifert as Offensive coordinator and bring in new blood from college for the D or even keep Caper for that mater and get rid of Fangio.
that could work. JJ and Seifert. Capers as defensive coordinator... well , defense to me hasn't been all that bad. Afterall if you're out on the field most of the game you're bound to mess up.
Old 09-12-2005   #55
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Two coaches to keep in mind

Brian Billick of Baltimore may be looking for a job if the Ravens dont make the playoffs this season (a distinct possibility)

Mike Holmgren of Seattle may be looking for a job as well.

I doubt either of them would take an OC or DC job.. but its still something to consider.

(should I have posted this in the NFL forum?)
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #56
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default One simple reason why Jimmy Johnson should be next coach

He knows how to properly and effectively coach a stud QB, a stud RB, and a stud WR.

It was Aikman, Smith, and Irvin.

And now it IS Carr, Davis, and Johnson.

He's got the background of knowing how to make those three maximize their talents.

He's got the rings to show he can get it done.

And I think he'd like nothing more than to play in Texas and renew the rivalry with Jerry Jones.

He didn't go far in Miami for a very simple reason: He lacked a good QB (Marino was in the golden twilight of his career) and he lacked a good WR. Maybve I;m mistaken, but I even think he didn't have a star-quality RB either. He just didn't have the stars that we have. If you were looming to land a head coaching job, wouldn't you salivate at the thought of Carr-Davis-Johnson?

Seriously, JJ would clean house and rebuild this thing around Carr-Davis-Johnson. Aikman got slaughtered his first season behind a weak line. And then a couple years later, the Cowboys just mysteriously were playing big boy ball? Not a coincidence. JJ was in total control, drafted or bought the players he needed to compliment his QB/RB/WR and the rest is history. He did it there, but he probably couldn't do it here unless McNair opens up the wallet and gambles a little bit.

Sorry. I'm trying to post SOMETHING constructive in the wake of all of my griping. Time to move on (for me) but this is the first step. I just can't see this team going on with Capers. This daydream I have is all I know to do to get out of the funk.

I expect the standard "you're nuts" replies. No problem. Just trying to exhibit some constructive thinking.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #57
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

You're nuts, but only on JJ.

We do need a leader for this team, because it is not coming from our team. A dominating personality is all that is going to whip these guys in shape. Only G-Funk has the credibility and mouth to make it happen. We may need a type A personality like JJ to coach this team.
Old 09-12-2005   #58
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Do we have Walker to trade to the Vikes
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #59
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Pray that the Ravens dont make the playoffs and Billick gets fired.

Billick for head coach in 2006!
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #60
souljunkie

Default Give him this year to win 9-10

..Looks like most of us are seeing things the same. I grew impatient with Capers last year with as much talent as he had. (and then traded for some stupid reason, ie. Jamie Sharper) This guy has his head in a notebook constantly . Details, stats and play results etc...He get and "f" for motivating and getting into the minds and hearts of his players on game day. Most anal types like him are lacking in people skills. I give him this year to win 9-10 games. if he doesn't its time to shop for a new coach and Offensive coordinator. We dont need some incumbant who got lucky with his first expansion team (Carolina)!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read