Coaching Change ?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by SPRBWL, Sep 11, 2005.

?

Coaching Change ?

Poll closed Sep 17, 2005.
  1. Now

87 vote(s)
    54.0%
  2. Wait till 2006

69 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. No change necessary

5 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. SPRBWL

SPRBWL Rookie

Do we change our coaches now and plan for the future or do wait till next year and risk someone getting hurt BAD?

2. Elite

Elite Veteran

well i would say make a change but who i guess we just ride out the storm knowing there's better things to come. im sure mister mcnair hates losing and im sure he will apply enough pressure to have something done at the end of the season if not a whole new front office as well.

3. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

Coaching change now but not Capers. Palmer needs to go and then maybe Capers and Fanigo will realize it is time to wake up and start being more aggressive.

4. htownhitman

htownhitman Rookie

How about an option to change coaches at mid-season?

5. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

Promote Hoke.

6. HoustonFan

HoustonFan Hall of Fame

The score does not show it - enough, anyway - but this was a horrible loss. Play calling was what it has been, bad. Looking back on pre-season I believe there were some questionable cuts - Sloan Thomas, Reggie Swinton, Corey Sears - these guys either have or were probably going to make an impact on this team.

Bottomline McNair, we want this team to win.

7. HoustonFan

HoustonFan Hall of Fame

He seems to be the most animated of the coaching staff. Too animated. Hoke has my vote.

See the kind of coach Jeff Fisher turned out to be when he was promoted.

8. Elite

Elite Veteran

i honestly think the team was playing not loose by anymore than what the score was i think thats why they punted both times on fourth down i guess they tought 22-7 was respectable. :rolleyes:

9. jmlockett

jmlockett Rookie

when you get used to losing its all down hill then

10. BuffSoldier

BuffSoldier Hall of Fame

Changing coaches in the middle of the season wouldnt do any good, because the Texans would have to learn a whole new offense, so I can wait till the end of the season.

11. HoustonFan

HoustonFan Hall of Fame

Where is the fire, intensity and heart to win on this team?

12. SPRBWL

SPRBWL Rookie

What fire? Are you kidding? Did you see the look on Capers face throughout the whole game? He looked dumber than a bag of hammers :embarrass

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

My vote goes to the Water Boy for Head Coach .... He and Capers should change positions :texflag:

14. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

interesting that no one has voted for no change. Are only the irate folks voting? Have you old board vets voted on this?

I voted to wait till 2006. Let things implode and at the end of the season we can take our pick of the litter of the available coaches.

Im not so sure I WANT hoke to be our OC. Is he going to try and run the same offense we have been running? I think a complete change is necessary. We have a ton of talent and no one using it.. i want someone who will come in and mold the offense into something that puts our strengths to use.

15. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I said "Change Now" but I didn't put much thought into it. It was a knee-jerk vote. The more I think about it though what does it matter? Someone has to step in on an interim basis but nobody says you have to hire them at the end of the year. You can still pick your guy out of the available coaches plus you get to see what your team does when shaken up like this.

The one thing that the Texans have had from day one is an almost eerie sense of complacency. Now I'm not talking about bringing on a full blown Bud Adams like upheaval but if these guys see Capers carrying his stuff out of his office in a cardboard box then maybe they'll understand that there aren't anymore free passes.

If they can't handle that pressure then they don't belong here in the first place.

16. HoustonHarley

HoustonHarley Rookie

Herv.....we think alike. If we lose the first 3-4 games and they are as ugly as this one was, I am in full favor of change now. I think a shake up like that would do wonders.

17. Nighthawk

Nighthawk All Pro

I hate all the wait until the end of the season crud. Nobody's thinking. THe sooner we sweep Capers and his bunch out the sooner we start the rebuilding of the team, no--it's not just rebuiding, it's reinventing, rethinking, reimagining, remaking. It's EVERYTHING about this theam because now, everything is geared to the mediocre. Top to bottom (OK, everybody can think of a couple of exceptions among the players).

DO IT NOW.

We'll have a very rough season but win a few late and next year we'll be ready to go.

I say we beg Jimmy Johnson, and beg, and don't take No for an answer. He's a winner. Not a great man or a great guy or maybe even a great coach, but he wins.

DO IT NOW.

18. COOL V

COOL V Rookie

I'm with you on that one JJ can motivate players "Fumble and you're out of here" Yep, Jerry Jones would be pacing the sidelines again wondering what was he thinking letting JJ go after 3 Super Bowls. Either him or Gary Kubiak. We need someone with true ties to The Great State Of Texas like someone said earlier. Oops I think it was only 2 Cause Barry What's his name coached one didn't he??? Can someone post the number to call for the Doomed Capers Show. I would appreciate it. I bet he calls in sick(Of His Coaching) tomorrow.

19. SPRBWL

SPRBWL Rookie

How loud do we have to scream and who do we scream to to make these changes happen now? Unfortunatly it seems like at this point all we can do is vent. But no one in the Texans organization is paying attention to its own fans who expect much much more.

It sure is sad, because without the fans...you have nothing.

I wish Mr. Mcnair would listen.

Alot of people here have mentioned the Oilers fiasco. We can prevent this happening again...,but things need to change NOW NOW NOW :dangit:

20. texan0305

texan0305 Veteran

I agree with vman palmer needs to go! This guy has acheived nothing as his tenure as coach or offensive cordinator, the same exact plays are being called, i could game plan a defense to stop the texans offense right now! This can either be the low point of the year and the texans can turn it around, or we might be saying "hey theres always next year" for like the 4th year in a row, they need to do something, they need a better offensive line and they need to get a number 2 wr....... one word to describe the texans right now and it's "u g l y" grrrrrrrrrrrrr so frustrating................

i finally know what it's like to be a cleveland browns fan, thank you texans, thank you....