8 – Minnesota – Justin Gilbert – DC – Oklahoma State
9 – Buffalo – Anthony Barr – OLB – UCLA
10 – Detroit – Taylor Lewan – OT – Michigan
11 – Tennessee – Ha Ha Clinton-Dix – DS – Alabama
12 – Giants – Eric Ebron – TE – North Carolina
13 – St. Louis – Calvin Pryor – DS – Louisville
14 – Chicago – Aaron Donald – DT – Pittsburgh
15 – Pittsburgh – Louis Nix – NT – Notre Dame
16 – Dallas – Timmy Jernigan – DT – Florida St.
17 – Baltimore – Jace Amaro – TE – Texas Tech
18 – Jets – Mike Evans – WR – Texas A&M
19 – Miami – Zach Martin – OT – Notre Dame
20 – Arizona – Kyle Fuller – CB – Virginia Tech
21 – Green Bay – C.J. Mosely – LB – Alabama
22 – Philadelphia – Darqueze Dennard – CB – Michigan St
23 – Kansas City – Odell Beckham Jr. – WR – LSU
24 – Cincinnati – Kony Ealy – DE – Missouri
25 – Cleveland – Marqise Lee – WR – USC
26 – San Diego - Dee Ford – DE/OLB – Auburn
27 – New Orleans – Jeremiah Attaochu – DE/OLB – Georgia Tech
28 – Carolina – Brandin Cooks – WR – Oregon St
29 – New England – Troy Niklas – TE – Notre Dame
30 – San Francisco – Ra’Shede Hagaman – DT – Minnesota
31 – Denver – Bradley Roby – CB – Ohio State
32 – Seattle – Ryan Shazier – LB – Ohio State

Bill OBrian sprints to podium to select Bortles:doot:

Yeah, Gabriel even Gabbert'd him... :headhurts:

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe
In my opinion, Bortles is more Gabbert than Luck. Don't forget most of you were on the Gabbert band wagon a few yrs ago

Can't buy in to the Bortles hype. I have watched 8 games and don't see a 1st round QB. Question his instincts. Wont know for 2 more years

I have to agree with Gabriel on Bortles evaluation. I've watched alot of YouTube games of his as well and I see a QB with potential but flaws, and no where near a #1 overall prospect.

I have to agree with Gabriel on Bortles evaluation. I've watched alot of YouTube games of his as well and I see a QB with potential but flaws, and no where near a #1 overall prospect.

If Bortles fell to 20 I wonder if BOB would trade a 2nd and a 2015 1st to trade up and pick him?

Maybe you could explain how Brady slipped too? It all makes perfect draftnik non-sense. Not BPA today, BPA tomorrow.

Maybe you could explain how Brady slipped too? It all makes perfect draftnik non-sense. Not BPA today, BPA tomorrow.

Tom Brady is proof positive that there is no test or way to measure intelligence, determination, work ethic, or that all important IT factor that everyone looks for. Or it proves that 32 teams coaches, scouts, GM's, etc... were all idiots.

I still think Bortles is a project, he MIGHT become great one day but for now he's a project. The same can be said about JFF.

Tom Brady is proof positive that there is no test or way to measure intelligence, determination, work ethic, or that all important IT factor that everyone looks for. Or it proves that 32 teams coaches, scouts, GM's, etc... were all idiots.

I still think Bortles is a project, he MIGHT become great one day but for now he's a project. The same can be said about JFF.

If we are going to draft a project with size why not take Robinson and draft Logan Thomas in the fifth?

One thing we can feel good about is that Bill O'Brian who worked & helped develop Tom Brady is here in Houston. Whether he see's a little of Tom in Blake or not? well that would be private, for now, but there are plenty who can see at least some correlation otherwise why stamp your reputation & livelihood on it (we really have nothing to lose here do we)?

I really don't think Tom ever developed the same athletic ability that Bortles has coming in, so that is nothing but positive & today's NFL requires more mobility, it just does. Arm strength also favors Blake coming into the NFL. Bill has already mentioned his intelligence & understanding for the game so you can cross that one off your list. I've already stated, watching him during the combine he did not wow me in any way shape or form, but he showed up. He was competitive. Showed work ethic & determination so to those points as well, null & void.

This a combination pick of O'Brian w/Bortles. Tied to the hip just like I stated for years Kubiak was tied to Schaub, except this time, it should work, least that's what most of us are hoping :turtle:

That's why they will go after a QB in FA. Someone like Matt Cassel who will probably be the starter at the beginning of the season and then give way to whomever they pick in the draft when that person is ready. That FA QB will also be a mentor to the young QB and help him develop. I'm not saying it will be Cassel, but he is a logical choice with his NE background while O'Brien was there. Also, he just turned down 3.7 million to resign with the Vikings, so he is a FA now.

and draft Logan Thomas in the fifth?

Exactly. I'm surprised that more people aren't talking about Thomas. He blew all the agility tests at the combine out of the water. He's very raw, but a couple of years on the bench with OB's coaching could go a long way towards making him a franchise QB.

Exactly. I'm surprised that more people aren't talking about Thomas. He blew all the agility tests at the combine out of the water. He's very raw, but a couple of years on the bench with OB's coaching could go a long way towards making him a franchise QB.

It's what's between the ears that is the issue with Thomas.

two years ago if he progressed as I expected he would be a 1st rd. pick given his size, athletic ability & natural talent, but he never developed that raw talent. Doesn't mean he can't, but not sure I would want to be the one to develop him. I'll give you another talent more in the Russell Wilson mold who played QB for the Washington Huskies, Keith Price, 6004 196 & I think you can select him 6th rd. very heavily influenced by RW, lot of upside, if you can develop his raw talent & translate it to NFL.

two years ago if he progressed as I expected he would be a 1st rd. pick given his size, athletic ability & natural talent, but he never developed that raw talent. Doesn't mean he can't, but not sure I would want to be the one to develop him. I'll give you another talent more in the Russell Wilson mold who played QB for the Washington Huskies, Keith Price, 6004 196 & I think you can select him 6th rd. very heavily influenced by RW, lot of upside, if you can develop his raw talent & translate it to NFL.

Thanks BL. I wasn't aware of Price (I'm playing catch up with getting to know the players). He's an interesting prospect. I'd still like to take Thomas late in the draft (6th or 7th), but I suspect his combine showing will cause someone to take him in the 5th. Based upon this write up it sounds like most of his flaws are fixable. Not sure how to fix the flaws between his ears, but maybe OB does.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1691193/logan-thomas

NFP -- Greg Gabriel Mock
We have done two previous mock drafts at the NFP this year, but those were done by Eric Galko from Optimum Scouting and myself using an alternating pick method. This time, I'm going it alone.

Anyone who has read my articles or followed me on twitter knows that I am a believer that this year’s quarterback class will not be taken as high as many in the media believe. Some feel that three or four quarterbacks will get drafted in the top 10. While I feel that there will be (maybe) three quarterbacks taken in the first round, I don’t feel any are deserving of top 10 status. In saying that, I still believe one could go that high, but if it does happen, the team making that selection is reaching. They would be better off trading down a few slots. That being said, here is my guess of how the first round could look come May 8th. As soon as one trade is made this mock will be out the window, but then again, that’s the problem with mocks.

1 – Houston Texans - Jadeveon Clowney – DE – South Carolina
Houston has a QB need, but a QB is not one of the top 10 best players in this draft, let alone the best. Based on 2013, tape, Clowney was not the best player, but he is the most talented. When Clowney is on his game, he can be an extremely dominant and disruptive player. With people like J.J. Watt in the Houston locker room, I feel that Clowney will play to his potential. Houston will look for a QB with their next pick.

2 – St. Louis Rams – Jake Matthews – OT – Texas A&M

3 – Jacksonville Jaguars – Sammy Watkins – WR – Clemson

4 - Cleveland Browns – Greg Robinson – OT- Auburn

5 – Oakland Raiders – Taylor Lewan – OT – Michigan

6 – Atlanta Falcons – Khalil Mack – OLB – Buffalo

7 – Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Mike Evans – WR – Texas A&M

8 – Minnesota Vikings – Derek Carr – QB – Fresno State

9 – Buffalo Bills – Eric Ebron – TE – North Carolina

10 – Detroit Lions – Justin Gilbert – CB – Oklahoma St.

11 – Tennessee Titans – Ha Ha Clinton-Dix – DS – Alabama

12 – New York Giants – Aaron Donald – DT – Pittsburgh

13 – St. Louis Rams – Marqise Lee – WR – USC

14 – Chicago Bears – Darqueze Dennard – CB – Michigan St.

15 – Pittsburgh Steelers – C.J. Mosley – LB – Alabama

16 – Dallas Cowboys – Anthony Barr – DE/OLB – UCLA

17 – Baltimore Ravens – Calvin Pryor – DS – Louisville

18 – New York Jets – Odell Beckham Jr. – WR – LSU

19 – Miami Dolphins – Zack Martin – OT – Notre Dame

20 – Arizona Cardinals – Teddy Bridgewater – QB – Louisville

21 – Green Bay Packers – Ryan Shazier – LB – Ohio State

22 – Philadelphia Eagles – Brandin Cooks – WR - Oregon State

23 – Kansas City Chiefs – Davante Adams – WR – Fresno State

24 – Cincinnati Bengals – Kyle Fuller – DC – VPI

25 – San Diego Chargers – Jason Verrett – CB – TCU

26 – Cleveland Browns – Johnny Manziel – QB – Texas A&M