National Football Post Mock Drafts 2014

Discussion in 'Mock Draft Talk' started by Playoffs, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

National Football Post 1.0

2. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

3. Playoffs

Yeah, Gabriel even Gabbert'd him... :headhurts:

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe

4. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

I have to agree with Gabriel on Bortles evaluation. I've watched alot of YouTube games of his as well and I see a QB with potential but flaws, and no where near a #1 overall prospect.

5. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

If Bortles fell to 20 I wonder if BOB would trade a 2nd and a 2015 1st to trade up and pick him?

6. beerlover

Maybe you could explain how Brady slipped too? It all makes perfect draftnik non-sense. Not BPA today, BPA tomorrow.

7. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

Tom Brady is proof positive that there is no test or way to measure intelligence, determination, work ethic, or that all important IT factor that everyone looks for. Or it proves that 32 teams coaches, scouts, GM's, etc... were all idiots.

I still think Bortles is a project, he MIGHT become great one day but for now he's a project. The same can be said about JFF.

8. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

If we are going to draft a project with size why not take Robinson and draft Logan Thomas in the fifth?

9. beerlover

One thing we can feel good about is that Bill O'Brian who worked & helped develop Tom Brady is here in Houston. Whether he see's a little of Tom in Blake or not? well that would be private, for now, but there are plenty who can see at least some correlation otherwise why stamp your reputation & livelihood on it (we really have nothing to lose here do we)?

I really don't think Tom ever developed the same athletic ability that Bortles has coming in, so that is nothing but positive & today's NFL requires more mobility, it just does. Arm strength also favors Blake coming into the NFL. Bill has already mentioned his intelligence & understanding for the game so you can cross that one off your list. I've already stated, watching him during the combine he did not wow me in any way shape or form, but he showed up. He was competitive. Showed work ethic & determination so to those points as well, null & void.

This a combination pick of O'Brian w/Bortles. Tied to the hip just like I stated for years Kubiak was tied to Schaub, except this time, it should work, least that's what most of us are hoping :turtle:

10. Insideop

Insideop Hall of Fame

That's why they will go after a QB in FA. Someone like Matt Cassel who will probably be the starter at the beginning of the season and then give way to whomever they pick in the draft when that person is ready. That FA QB will also be a mentor to the young QB and help him develop. I'm not saying it will be Cassel, but he is a logical choice with his NE background while O'Brien was there. Also, he just turned down 3.7 million to resign with the Vikings, so he is a FA now.

11. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Hall of Fame

Exactly. I'm surprised that more people aren't talking about Thomas. He blew all the agility tests at the combine out of the water. He's very raw, but a couple of years on the bench with OB's coaching could go a long way towards making him a franchise QB.

12. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

It's what's between the ears that is the issue with Thomas.

13. beerlover

two years ago if he progressed as I expected he would be a 1st rd. pick given his size, athletic ability & natural talent, but he never developed that raw talent. Doesn't mean he can't, but not sure I would want to be the one to develop him. I'll give you another talent more in the Russell Wilson mold who played QB for the Washington Huskies, Keith Price, 6004 196 & I think you can select him 6th rd. very heavily influenced by RW, lot of upside, if you can develop his raw talent & translate it to NFL.

14. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Hall of Fame

Thanks BL. I wasn't aware of Price (I'm playing catch up with getting to know the players). He's an interesting prospect. I'd still like to take Thomas late in the draft (6th or 7th), but I suspect his combine showing will cause someone to take him in the 5th. Based upon this write up it sounds like most of his flaws are fixable. Not sure how to fix the flaws between his ears, but maybe OB does.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1691193/logan-thomas

15. Blake

Blake MMQB

Thomas had his chance and blew it. Just put him at TE and call it a day.

16. Playoffs

NFP -- Greg Gabriel Mock