Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

No to Super Bowl

badboy

Hall of Fame
Are you or anyone you know that is a sports fan not watching this event? I will make the annual treck (about 5 minutes) to friends house to again watch the Super Spectacular. It was better when for years they lived in apartment below me.

As a Houston sports homer , I seldom watch other team game unless it impacts my team even the playoffs. Once Houston is out of it, I quickly lose interest. Still the Super Bowl with usually a decent game although lacking the intense emotion of having a vested interest, a good meal I do not have to cook and good companionship + great commerials is solid draw for me.

Just wondering who will not watch?

Are you or anyone you know that is a sports fan not watching this event? I will make the annual treck (about 5 minutes) to friends house to again watch the Super Spectacular. It was better when for years they lived in apartment below me.

As a Houston sports homer , I seldom watch other team game unless it impacts my team even the playoffs. Once Houston is out of it, I quickly lose interest. Still the Super Bowl with usually a decent game although lacking the intense emotion of having a vested interest, a good meal I do not have to cook and good companionship + great commerials is solid draw for me.

Just wondering who will not watch?

I will not watch...

...the great commercials. Thanks Canadian cable companies. I'll get a half time full of plugs for Masterchef Canada or some crap whilst the majority of North America watches the very best in advertisment broadcasting.

The game though - wouldn't miss it - especially a matchup like this!

I haven't watched a lot of super bowls because they are just simply over hyped play off games. I'll watch this one because the match up intrigues me. But I'm not watching any of the pre or post game crap, just the game itself.

I will not watch...

...the great commercials. Thanks Canadian cable companies. I'll get a half time full of plugs for Masterchef Canada or some crap whilst the majority of North America watches the very best in advertisment broadcasting.

The game though - wouldn't miss it - especially a matchup like this!

If it wasn't for the internet, I would have never seen the commercial with Chester Pitts & Ephraim Salaam.

I don't generally watch it. I'm just not interested once Houston is out of it. For me the 2013 season has been over for a long, long time.

I need my fix of football. Annual family Super Bowl food-fest at my uncle's anyway, so there's that. It'll be nice to come back home for a few days.

I haven't watched a lot of super bowls because they are just simply over hyped play off games. I'll watch this one because the match up intrigues me. But I'm not watching any of the pre or post game crap, just the game itself.
^^^^
This.
Point for point.

I watched last year hoping to see Harbaugh lose.
I also wanted to see which of the two SB QBs would step their game up and rise to the moment.
I'm watching this year for that same reason.

As a Houston sports homer , I seldom watch other team game unless it impacts my team even the playoffs.

Not me. I love the game and I'm watching whether the Texans are involved or not. If Tampa vs. Cleveland is on TV, I will tune in.

I subscribe to Game Rewind and can watch any game I want to at any time. Best part about that is you can watch the condensed version and see the whole game in 20 minutes. Yeah, the actual playing time of a 3+ hour NFL football game is about 20 minutes.

As for the Super Bowl, I don't like how the game gets lost in all of the other stuff that surrounds it, halftime shows and the like. Even the commercials are just too much. Just give me football.

I'm going to the game! Granted, when I moved from H-town to Colorado I adopted the Broncos as my 2nd team and after having Broncos season tix for 4 years now, they are at least tied with the Texans for me.

I have to say that after being a Texans season ticket holder for many years, this past year of going to the games and expecting to win every time is a totally different feeling.

Anyway, I am in Houston tonight and it is off to NYC tomorrow. Hopefully I don't freeze 2 death or get mugged.

I love sports. Football is hands down my favorite. I always watch the game with a BBQ and my bro and dad. We will support a team but its not the same as when we actually cheer for our Texans but its the SuperBowl, how can one not watch it?. The only championship games I usually miss is the world series.

I watched basically every NFL game I could that was on television this year. If I don't have a Texans interest in a game that usually just makes it stress free for me.

I usually stop watching after the Texans are out of it, but the one game I still usually watch is the Superbowl. Most likely, I'll just watch it on Game Rewind and then catch a few of the taped commercials on Youtube or something.

My dad always says he's going to boycott the Super Bowl, but every year he wants to talk about the game on the following Monday. It's kinda' funny, because he's been doing this for years.

As for myself, I"m an NFL fan. Not a sports fan, but an NFL fan. So I watch every game that I can, including some of the rather lame Thursday night matchups. But, I don't watch any other sport during the off-seasons, so it's sort of a feast or famine cycle with me and the football season every year.

Fortunately, this year's Super Bowl looks like a good match up, and I'm looking forward to this game. (Not looking forward so much that dark ages period that starts next Monday and seems to last an eternity, though...)

The Monday afterwards, when everyone is hanging around the proverbial water cooler, what is discussed?

It's not the game. It's "what was your favorite commercial?"

When the commercials are on, crank it up, and when the game is on, hit the mute button, go flip the burgers, baste the ribs, grab another beer, get some more chips and dip, or go take big crap. Just make sure you get back for the next commerical.

It's very important. :)

The Monday afterwards, when everyone is hanging around the proverbial water cooler, what is discussed?

It's not the game
. It's "what was your favorite commercial?"

When the commercials are on, crank it up, and when the game is on, hit the mute button, go flip the burgers, baste the ribs, grab another beer, get some more chips and dip, or go take big crap. Just make sure you get back for the next commerical.

It's very important. :)
Yep but probably as most do not have a dog in the hunt.

I watched basically every NFL game I could that was on television this year. If I don't have a Texans interest in a game that usually just makes it stress free for me.

Same here. I soak up as much football as I can when it's on. It doesn't really matter who is playing.

I stay away from most of the coverage leading up to the game because its just such meaningless crap. I always watch the Super Bowl. Get ready guys this is going to be it for a while. At least the combine and draft will be especially interesting this year.

I stay away from most of the coverage leading up to the game because its just such meaningless crap. I always watch the Super Bowl. Get ready guys this is going to be it for a while. At least the combine and draft will be especially interesting this year.

Texans providing the most entertainment for your dollar?

Texans providing the most entertainment for your dollar?

I guess. Texans are the only team I always cheer for despite the ineptitude of 2013. I like the bears too but it's all texans for me. I also like cheering for any team playing against the titans and cowgirls.

I love football. Especially NFL football.

Championship Sunday is usually more intense, but I won't miss the Super Bowl if I can help it.

i'll watch the game and commercials......everything else around it I don't care about

I think I watched the first thirty five or so, but I haven't been terribly interested since the Adams treason took the Oilers away. I watched a few afterwards, but it wasn't the same.

But as my interest in the Superbowl waned, my interest in the draft increased.

To each his own, but I find not watching the Super Bowl to be outrageous. It's what the whole season has been played for, has fun commercials, and an always great opportunity to gather with friends and family to have a good time. It's basically a holiday.

My dad always says he's going to boycott the Super Bowl, but every year he wants to talk about the game on the following Monday. It's kinda' funny, because he's been doing this for years.

As for myself, I"m an NFL fan. Not a sports fan, but an NFL fan. So I watch every game that I can, including some of the rather lame Thursday night matchups. But, I don't watch any other sport during the off-seasons, so it's sort of a feast or famine cycle with me and the football season every year.

Fortunately, this year's Super Bowl looks like a good match up, and I'm looking forward to this game. (Not looking forward so much that dark ages period that starts next Monday and seems to last an eternity, though...)

Ditto. That sums me up in a nutshell.

Well that was awful

I loved it. Seahawks make a joke out of our former div rival QB that shredded our texans all these years. Ha ha manning loses and lil brother has more rings:doot::doot:

I loved it. Would I take a closer game? Sure. I love the play of the seahawks:doot: Manziel anyone?

I loved it. Seahawks make a joke out of our former div rival QB that shredded our texans all these years. Ha ha manning loses and lil brother has more rings:doot::doot:

I loved it. Would I take a closer game? Sure. I love the play of the seahawks:doot: Manziel anyone?

No.

I honestly don't care about his height. I just don't think he will be too much of an improvement over Keenum to take with the first pick.

you might be correct. However, I would not want to be the team that passes on him if he becomes a Russell Wilson-type player.:mariopalm:

I do believe he would be a huge improvement over Keenum. He has an arm to go with his legs and mobile, smart, passionate. The off the field stuff concerns me as well as him being a bust like RG3 or Sam Bradford.

you might be correct. However, I would not want to be the team that passes on him if he becomes a Russell Wilson-type player.:mariopalm:

I do believe he would be a huge improvement over Keenum. He has an arm to go with his legs and mobile, smart, passionate. The off the field stuff concerns me as well as him being a bust like RG3 or Sam Bradford.

RG3 is a bust now?

This game is so one sided. Man, Hawks' D is awesome. The Texans gave a very tough game against them last year. I only wish that Texans had our O of a few years back last year.

Now I'm confused. Are you saying these are NOT similar attributes to Case Keenum? This does not describe what I see looking at both QBs. I see similarities, not differences and neither will be effective without at least average OL play.

In fact, I have not seen a QB be successful without at least AVERAGE OL play. The closest I've ever seen is the play of Archie Manning in New Orleans. He made an offense with an awful OL look almost average.

Now I'm confused. Are you saying these are NOT similar attributes to Case Keenum? This does not describe what I see looking at both QBs. I see similarities, not differences and neither will be effective without at least average OL play.

In fact, I have not seen a QB be successful without at least AVERAGE OL play. The closest I've ever seen is the play of Archie Manning in New Orleans. He made an offense with an awful OL look almost average.

I was very optimistic about CK when he replaced MS. However, I just think he is done here in Houston. Do you really think O'Brien has long term interests in Yates, MS, or CK? I don't.

I was very optimistic about CK when he replaced MS. However, I just think he is done here in Houston. Do you really think O'Brien has long term interests in Yates, MS, or CK? I don't.

I believe he will play the one he thinks is best for the overall good of the team (and himself). But I don't think he'll get caught up with the player's draft position or college team like many on this board (including myself) do.

I believe Schaub is gone due to Salary Cap issues. Keenum and Yates have minimal contracts for at least one more year and will at least fight for the position. There is NO QB who would have succeeded under the duress our QBs faced after the run game went south last season and the OL became non-existent.

So far yes:d:

So far no he hasn't been. He had one of the best rookie seasons of all time and led his team to a great run to the playoffs winning like his last 8 games that season on a team that didn't do squat the year before.

Last season he comes in still hurt and without any pre season games to get acclimated and he ends up having a disappointing season. It wasn't all that shocking if you look at the history of all 2nd year QB's, and then take into account that he didn't get a pre season and played hurt. Calling someone a bust that fast really smacks of being a hind sight type of fan that says whatever is the latest trend or who wins a game. It sounds like the fickle media members who goes out and says that Manning is some overrated clown all because he got smoked in the SB when the week before they were praising him as the greatest. Give the guy another year or two to gel with his team and his new HC. We'll see what happens.

Kind of surprised that so many are down on the SB every year. That is what being a football fan is for. Watching the best two teams of that season determine who the champion is. Super Bowl Parties are great. Great food, gambling, friends, and a lot of beer. What is not to like?

Back