Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jamies Winston Qb Florida State

He is not eligible until 2015. If I remember the rules correctly, one has to be 3 years removed from high school.

Yeah thought of that as I posted then did not know how to delete. I'll still watch him

Yeah thought of that as I posted then did not know how to delete. I'll still watch him

It happens. He is certainly one to watch. I did not catch much of the game Monday night, but I made a mental note.

He was touted as a great player coming out of high school and had a great game against Pitt. I'm trying to hold back a little because one game means nothing. He's got everything you would want out of a QB. He was doing a tad bit of **** talking in his first game, but our LT grabbed him after a TD and told him to calm down. He seems like a good guy too; he's a goofy guy if you follow his twitter.

We'll see how he performs against stiffer competition. We've got two seasons at least until we need to evaluate him as a prospect.

This guy has a deadly arm from the outfield. I watched FSU baseball this year and people rarely ever tried to take extra bases on him. He had a throw against Clemson to 3rd base where he got the runner and the Clemson kid got up like "what the hell???"

He was touted as a great player coming out of high school and had a great game against Pitt. I'm trying to hold back a little because one game means nothing. He's got everything you would want out of a QB. He was doing a tad bit of **** talking in his first game, but our LT grabbed him after a TD and told him to calm down. He seems like a good guy too; he's a goofy guy if you follow his twitter.

We'll see how he performs against stiffer competition. We've got two seasons at least until we need to evaluate him as a prospect.

This guy has a deadly arm from the outfield. I watched FSU baseball this year and people rarely ever tried to take extra bases on him. He had a throw against Clemson to 3rd base where he got the runner and the Clemson kid got up like "what the hell???"
TS I was hoping you would weigh in. Please drop an occasion line about what you see if you will. Few are the RS I get to focus on as so many others to watch. I should have caught his eligibility when I saw he is still 18. That is what I was reviewing in my mind when I hit the post. He "rages" on the field supposedly and drew some penalties in high school I believe. Looks like all he needs is seasoning.

Hear that sound? That is Winston laughing this weekend at Mac Brown not choosing him.

What's all this about Winston and Texas? His top two choices in the end were Alabama and Florida State, far and away. He chose FSU because they allowed him to also play baseball with Mike Martin, a legendary baseball coach. I keep hearing this and can't find anything outside of the fact that he was interested in Texas early in the process. The guy was the #1 quarterback in the nation out of high school, had Texas really had it so easy he would be a Longhorn. Recruits often change their mind frequently during the recruiting process. I can't tell you how many kids say they are going to sign with Florida State, then sign elsewhere. It happens every year.

The only reason he chose FSU was the ability to also play baseball. Had it not been for that, he would be at Alabama, not Texas.

What's all this about Winston and Texas? His top two choices in the end were Alabama and Florida State, far and away. He chose FSU because they allowed him to also play baseball with Mike Martin, a legendary baseball coach. I keep hearing this and can't find anything outside of the fact that he was interested in Texas early in the process. The guy was the #1 quarterback in the nation out of high school, had Texas really had it so easy he would be a Longhorn. Recruits often change their mind frequently during the recruiting process. I can't tell you how many kids say they are going to sign with Florida State, then sign elsewhere. It happens every year.

The only reason he chose FSU was the ability to also play baseball. Had it not been for that, he would be at Alabama, not Texas.

Jameis Winston: "I'm an OU fan but I always wanted to go to Texas. If I'd gotten offer from Texas I'd be going to Texas right now" — Brett McMurphy (@McMurphyESPN) September 3, 2013

CBS Sports’ Bruce Feldman confirmed with Winston’s high school coach that the quarterback had called Texas “four or five” times and never received a call back.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...is-winston-wanted-texas-173337189--ncaaf.html

Jameis Winston: "I'm an OU fan but I always wanted to go to Texas. If I'd gotten offer from Texas I'd be going to Texas right now" - Brett McMurphy (@McMurphyESPN) September 3, 2013

CBS Sports’ Bruce Feldman confirmed with Winston’s high school coach that the quarterback had called Texas “four or five” times and never received a call back.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...is-winston-wanted-texas-173337189--ncaaf.html

I read that.

Every year there are two or three guys that say that they have wanted to go to Florida State for their entire lives, verbally commit, only to sign elsewhere. That's the process. When someone says, "I want to go to "x" school," it often means that the process is not nearly over. Same thing happened with Julio Jones and Florida State, among many many other players. Dante Fowler, now a Gator, did the exact same thing.

My point is that a school never has a recruit in the bag until he signs on the dotted line. Had Texas recruited him harder, they may not even have been in his top 5 at the end of the recruiting period. Seems like fantasy to say "Texas could have had this kid if they wanted." That's rarely ever true.

I read that.

Every year there are two or three guys that say that they have wanted to go to Florida State for their entire lives, verbally commit, only to sign elsewhere. That's the process. When someone says, "I want to go to "x" school," it often means that the process is not nearly over. Same thing happened with Julio Jones and Florida State, among many many other players. Dante Fowler, now a Gator, did the exact same thing.

He didn't say that before hand. He said that a few days ago.

I know how college recruiting goes. I was personally involved in the process about 10 years ago.

Why would he lie and say that and them why would his coach come out and say that he called Texas a few times and they never showed interest because they didn't think they had a shot to get him?

Mack browns statements confirm that. Said he got a tip that Winston wasn't really interested, so he didn't pursue him.

This was not some "early in the process" statement (which is what you initially said is all you could find)

So either you think Winston and his coach are lying or ???? I don't really see another option since you don't believe them.

He didn't say that before hand. He said that a few days ago.

I know how college recruiting goes. I was personally involved in the process about 10 years ago.

Why would he lie and say that and them why would his coach come out and say that he called Texas a few times and they never showed interest because they didn't think they had a shot to get him?

Mack browns statements confirm that. Said he got a tip that Winston wasn't really interested, so he didn't pursue him.

This was not some "early in the process" statement (which is what you initially said is all you could find)

So either you think Winston and his coach are lying or ???? I don't really see another option since you don't believe them.

Winston, Florida State’s redshirt freshman phenom, told ESPN’s Max Olsen in a 2012 interview that he wanted desperately to go to Texas, but couldn’t get the Longhorns to acknowledge he even existed.

From your link. It says in a 2012 interview, it's only getting attention now.

He wanted to be recruited by them, said he would sign.

My point is that player's say that they have wanted it there entire lives, even verbally commit and then go elsewhere. It happens often, as you know.

My point is that a school never has a recruit in the bag until he signs on the dotted line. Had Texas recruited him harder, they may not even have been in his top 5 at the end of the recruiting period. Seems like fantasy to say "Texas could have had this kid if they wanted." That's rarely ever true.

Like I said, I've personally gone through the recruiting process. I know how it goes. Don't need any info on that. I've visited different schools, sent film out, had coaches at my house...the whole 9.

But you're saying its fantasy to say Texas could have had him. People are only saying that because HE SAID IT.

So again...you have to think he'a lying. This is not some talking head speculation or MB chatter. The person you need to direct your disbelief towards is Winston.

If you think he's lying, fine. But that's not the argument you laid out.

Like I said, I've personally gone through the recruiting process. I know how it goes. Don't need any info on that. I've visited different schools, sent film out, had coaches at my house...the whole 9.

But you're saying its fantasy to say Texas could have had him. People are only saying that because HE SAID IT.

So again...you have to think he'a lying. This is not some talking head speculation or MB chatter. The person you need to direct your disbelief towards is Winston.

If you think he's lying, fine. But that's not the argument you laid out.

It's not fantasy to say that it was a possibility, but it's fantasy to say that they would have had him had they recruited him harder. As you know, that's rarely the case.

I don't think he is lying, I think it was a fluid process as it always is. I have heard numerous times now that Texas would have had him had they recruited him harder, I am simply pointing out that that is rarely true.

From your link. It says in a 2012 interview, it's only getting attention now.

He wanted to be recruited by them, said he would sign.

My point is that player's say that they have wanted it there entire lives, even verbally commit and then go elsewhere. It happens often, as you know.

What does that matter? Regardless he said it after he had committed to FSU. This wasn't an "early in the process" statement like you initially said.

The fact that he said it last year gives it even more credence.

It's not fantasy to say that it was a possibility, but it's fantasy to say that they would have had him had they recruited him harder. As you know, that's rarely the case.

I don't think he is lying, I think it was a fluid process as it always is. I have heard numerous times now that Texas would have had him had they recruited him harder, I am simply pointing out that that is rarely true.

I agree with that. It's a very fluid process and all kinds if things can sway your decision.

All that said, he's saying this stuff himself and has not issued a denial or retraction as far as I know.

I could understand if he said that early on in the process that he'd love to go to UT, but he said definitively that he would've been there.

But even if he did say that early on, doesnt mean it couldn't also be true.

It's not really that big of a deal other than to long horn fans mad because Mack sucks at getting top tier QB's....I can see why an FSU alumni would be mad because you want to be his first love. You don't want to feel like he settled for 2nd place.

But like I said...it's not a big deal. He's there now and likely not going anywhere. He's a Seminole.

What does that matter? Regardless he said it after he had committed to FSU. This wasn't an "early in the process" statement like you initially said.

The fact that he said it last year gives it even more credence.

Where does it say that he said that after signing with FSU? National signing day is in February, he signed February 2012. Regardless, players make decisions after visits with multiple schools, as you know. Rarely does a player verbally commit to a school after receiving a scholarship offer without taking an unofficial or official visit.

The point is that it wasn't in the bag as is being insinuated. It's not about lying, it's about understanding how these things usually go even after recruits say they want to go to x school. The process continues and things often change.

I agree with that. It's a very fluid process and all kinds if things can sway your decision.

All that said, he's saying this stuff himself and has not issued a denial or retraction as far as I know.

I could understand if he said that early on in the process that he'd love to go to UT, but he said definitively that he would've been there.

But even if he did say that early on, doesnt mean it couldn't also be true.

It's not really that big of a deal other than to long horn fans mad because Mack sucks at getting top tier QB's....I can see why an FSU alumni would be mad because you want to be his first love. You don't want to feel like he settled for 2nd place.

But like I said...it's not a big deal. He's there now and likely not going anywhere. He's a Seminole.

It's not really about FSU being his first love. Hell, he wanted to go to Alabama more than FSU, it was mainly about being able to also play baseball, which Saban apparently wouldn't allow.

I'm just trying to insert some realism here. I spoke to a Longhorn family friend of mine on Thursday and he was ranting on and on about how Texas could have easily had this guy had Mack Brown recruited him harder. I just thought that was fantasy.

Winston had another good day against a poor Nevada team. He was 15/18 with 214 yards, 2 TD passes, 1 INT. He also ran for a TD. He threw a pick that was totally his fault early in the game, but did extremely well after that. He did not play the full game, as our backup Jacob Coker took over after the game was well in hand. That's 8 touchdowns and 1 turnover in 2 games.

I'm still trying to keep from getting too excited. He hasn't been asked to play a big game yet, or even against a good defense. Next game is again Bethune-Cookman, so should be another easy day for Winston and the Noles.

Ok, I've watched this guy some and I knew he was a pretty good player....but this guy is reaaaalllly good. It's early in his career, but some of the things this guy does are amazing.

I'm watching him agsinst Maryland and the way this guy throws the ball is pretty special. The guy has a gun, but his ball placement is extremely good.

Oh and Florida state is going to be in contention for nat'l titles as long as he's there. They are absolutely killing Maryland. 42 - 0 in the third quarter and they have the ball.

Ok, I've watched this guy some and I knew he was a pretty good player....but this guy is reaaaalllly good. It's early in his career, but some of the things this guy does are amazing.

I'm watching him agsinst Maryland and the way this guy throws the ball is pretty special. The guy has a gun, but his ball placement is extremely good.

Oh and Florida state is going to be in contention for nat'l titles as long as he's there. They are absolutely killing Maryland. 42 - 0 in the third quarter and they have the ball.

Yeah, I try to keep from getting too excited, but wow. He amazes every week. It's hard to describe how good he is. He just does everything so well. Almost 400 yards passing and 5 TDs today.

Shefter: NFL scout compares "the 2015 1st pick" to a combination of Roethlisberger and Steve McNair.

My eval also and he is only 19.

90/123 for 1441 yds @ 73.2 % 11.72 avg. 17 TDs 2 INTs.

"Famous"Jameis Winston is going to get a LOT of tv time in the next couple of years. That kid is something else indeed. Not sure he can just shrug off NFL D-linemen like he can in college, but it's pretty cool to see it right now.

"Famous"Jameis Winston is going to get a LOT of tv time in the next couple of years. That kid is something else indeed. Not sure he can just shrug off NFL D-linemen like he can in college, but it's pretty cool to see it right now.

This throw at the end of the first half against Boston College was incredible.

This escape and off balance throw against Bethune-Cookman was pretty amazing too.

Then the escape and ball placement on this pass against Maryland just made me shake my head. Jimbo Fisher just started laughing.

Top 10 moments thus far, including baseball.

It's a pleasure watching him play. He's a gamer.

Just got word that some bad stuff is about to come out in the news. Hope the source is wrong but I trust them. It's really bad.

I will update when it is confirmed.

I've also heard reports that they are investigating someone between 5'9 and 5'11. Winston is 6'4 so.

We will see when better reports come out.

WCTV said:
November 13, 2013
7:04pm

Tallahassee, FL - Tallahassee attorney Tim Jansen says he is representing FSU Quarterback Jameis Winston. He says Winston is cooperating with the investigation. Jansen says Winston has not been charged with anything and says Winston has never been questioned by Tallahassee police about the incident, not in December of 2012 and not recently.

Jansen says it is his understanding that this case was closed by Tallahassee police in February.

WCTV will bring more information as it becomes available.

Link

So, it's nothing really.

He was investigated, but they never actually questioned him. His attorney said he thought they had closed the investigation, but I guess he recently learned that they hadn't closed it yet. They are looking for someone between 5'9" and 5'11" per police report.

Sounds like this was just brought up now to make a story.

I've also heard reports that they are investigating someone between 5'9 and 5'11. Winston is 6'4 so.

We will see when better reports come out.

Well, his lawyer has already admitting representing him in the matter. So there must be something.

Well, his lawyer has already admitting representing him in the matter. So there must be something.

Nothing has changed in the investigation since December of 2012, almost one year ago and he was never questioned.

I doubt anything comes of it at all. I doubt they even update the story past that he was investigated and not questioned. Sounds like it could have been a football player though.

Nothing has changed in the investigation since December of 2012, almost one year ago and he was never questioned.

I doubt anything comes of it at all. I doubt they even update the story past that he was investigated and not questioned. Sounds like it could have been a football player though.

I doubt it too. But it could be the local paper got wind of an investigation that was swept under the rug by local PD and it's just now coming out. The paper asked for anything concerning Winston and this is what was released to them.

I doubt it too. But it could be the local paper got wind of an investigation that was swept under the rug by local PD and it's just now coming out. The paper asked for anything concerning Winston and this is what was released to them.

What I had heard earlier was that local media was pressing TPD to release a police report that stated that there was a group sex/rape charge against several FSU players. Clearly, that was just a rumor. Sounds like they got wind of something involving Winston and pressed to have the police report released, as you stated, and now it has been.

I'm relieved to see the details come out. I'm not worried about this at all. It's smart of Winston to get a lawyer in this type of situation. Although, it doesn't sound like he has needed any legal advice as of yet. He hasn't even been interviewed and it's been a year.

What I had heard earlier was that local media was pressing TPD to release a police report that stated that there was a group sex/rape charge against several FSU players. Clearly, that was just a rumor. Sounds like they got wind of something involving Winston and pressed to have the police report released, as you stated, and now it has been.

I'm relieved to see the details come out. I'm not worried about this at all. It's smart of Winston to get a lawyer in this type of situation. Although, it doesn't sound like he has needed any legal advice as of yet. He hasn't even been interviewed and it's been a year.

yAWn :slapfight:

You might be a bit premature. Seems like it may have been a coverup by the Tallahassee PD for the football team.

There's evidence Tallahassee cops tried to sweep the sexual assault investigation targeting Florida State University QB Jameis Winston under the rug to protect the team and its star player ... and ONLY took aggressive steps after TMZ Sports started asking questions.

Sources in the State Attorney's Office tell us they never even knew about the investigation until Tuesday ... JUST ONE DAY AFTER TMZ Sports began making calls to cops about the alleged assault.

Our sources in the State Attorney's Office say ... it was highly unusual cops wouldn't have filled them in about the case until this week. The sources say cops would have typically notified them when the investigation was completed, and Winston's lawyer reportedly says cops told him it was completed in February.

Now get this ... TMZ Sports started calling police about the case on Monday. We were told someone would get back to us later that day, but there was radio silence for 2 days ... we made repeated calls Tuesday and Wednesday and no one got back to us until late Wednesday afternoon.

Sources in the State Attorney's Office tell us ... the timing -- getting notified about the case months after it supposedly was closed and just a day after TMZ started calling -- is suspicious.

The State Attorney has now re-activated the case and sent it back to cops for further investigation.

And there's a twist -- guess what would happen if Winston was even CHARGED with felony sexual assault -- under FSU's rules ... he would be AUTOMATICALLY BENCHED ... killing the team's national championship hopes and his Heisman Trophy chances.
http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/14/jameis-winston-sexual-assault-investigation-florida-state-university-cover-up/#ixzz2kewvQEuI

Says TMZ.

No facts of the story have changed. It doesn't seem as if they point to him in any way, so I'm not worried. I don't care what happens to TPD, they get no sympathy from me if they tried to sweep things under the rug. They've harassed me enough in my days to not get my support. Maybe they kept things quiet so as to not assassinate his character after it became obvious that the kid wasn't involved? I don't know, not enough evidence. Either way, Winston is in the clear.

Uh oh. This could be a big problem for Winston if true.

He may have to be suspended (per FSU rules) if he get charged and this is looking VERY bad for the Tallahassee PD and FSU. And if they buried a rape investigation and lied to the media about the victim being drunk when she wasn't BECAUSE he was a football player, the school may have no choice but to suspend him pending the investigation to save face.

http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2013/PDFs/winston.pdf

Uh oh. This could be a big problem for Winston if true.

He may have to be suspended (per FSU rules) if he get charged and this is looking VERY bad for the Tallahassee PD and FSU. And if they buried a rape investigation and lied to the media about the victim being drunk when she wasn't BECAUSE he was a football player, the school may have no choice but to suspend him pending the investigation to save face.

http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2013/PDFs/winston.pdf

It wouldn't be FSU's fault. It's more on TPD and potentially the State Attorney's office. I've heard that it's possible that the State Attorney's office, even Meggs, did know about the case back in December of last year. Either way, something is foul here.

If the family received blood and DNA work back in April, why are they not wondering why charges were not brought based on those results? Seems to me that if Winston was identified via blood work, the family would expect charges to be brought on him. Yet, they don't seem to be wondering about that. Did the blood work show that he was or wasn't involved? Considering they didn't bring that up, leads me to believe that he wasn't identified.

Too many question marks. Way too many. If she's been raped, where did she wake up? Seems that if you wake up somewhere and are unsure of who may have raped you, wouldn't you be able to determine that based on the residence in which you woke up? That would be a good place to start. So, she called police about the attack and did she tell them where she woke up? The part in which Winston wasn't initially named as the suspect by the victim is strange to me. Why would it take you 1 month to identify someone if you aren't intoxicated, as the family suggests? Also, why is the description of the attacker in the original police report so far off from Winston's physical description.

Why does it matter how much time Winston has to get his defense team and witnesses together? Witnesses are going to either lie or tell the truth, time doesn't change that. The defense also thought things were over in February, so why does that even matter?

Either way, the State Attorney's office is now heading the investigation so the original detectives are not leading the current investigation. I don't even know if they are involved. The only new information that we have is that witnesses have supported Winston's claims of what happened and that the family may have received blood work at some point in which didn't constitute charges being brought on Winston. Those two things and that the family is claiming that TPD improperly handled the case.

Need more information. Sounds like TPD was either biased or negligent in how they handled this, the State Attorney's office is corrupt, and/or the victim didn't have any concrete information that she gave to police, regardless of if Winston is guilty or not guilty. Wouldn't be surprised if both TPD and the State Attorney's office is corrupt. Meggs has been accused of corruption since as far back as 1999 over a number of issues.

Honestly, who gets raped, gets the blood work back and doesn't press for charges after 8 months have gone by? Who fears for their daughter's public perception over justice in their daughter's rape? All sounds very strange to me. If you are worried about public perception, transfer schools and sue for damages. If my daughter is raped, I'm going all out to get justice. I don't care who is the supposed perpetrator.

There's also a picture going around the area of Winston in the club kissing this girl and she's all wrapped around him, so take that for whatever it's worth. Probably nothing. She's white by the way. Pretty sure the club is "Coliseum" based on the decor that I see.

It wouldn't be FSU's fault. It's more on TPD and potentially the State Attorney's office. I've heard that it's possible that the State Attorney's office, even Meggs, did know about the case back in December of last year. Either way, something is foul here.

If the family received blood and DNA work back in April, why are they not wondering why charges were not brought based on those results? Seems to me that if Winston was identified via blood work, the family would expect charges to be brought on him. Yet, they don't seem to be wondering about that. Did the blood work show that he was or wasn't involved? Considering they didn't bring that up, leads me to believe that he wasn't identified.
He was identified. The police refused to collect DNA from him or interview his roommate. I believe they have yet to collect DNA from Winston.

Too many question marks. Way too many. If she's been raped, where did she wake up? Seems that if you wake up somewhere and are unsure of who may have raped you, wouldn't you be able to determine that based on the residence in which you woke up? That would be a good place to start. So, she called police about the attack and did she tell them where she woke up? The part in which Winston wasn't initially named as the suspect by the victim is strange to me. Why would it take you 1 month to identify someone if you aren't intoxicated, as the family suggests? Also, why is the description of the attacker in the original police report so far off from Winston's physical description.
You know what a roofie is? If you are trying to describe a person who is attacking you, how well would be able to tell if a person is 5'10" vs 6'1"? Seriously.? Unless you have a ruler on a door or stand directly next to the person, I doubt anyone could accurately describe a person's height, much less when they've been raped and are in trauma.

Why does it matter how much time Winston has to get his defense team and witnesses together? Witnesses are going to either lie or tell the truth, time doesn't change that. The defense also thought things were over in February, so why does that even matter?
If they alerted a person they are being investigated before interviewing him, it gives him time to get his story straight and talk to his friends to make sure their stories line up. Further, people's memory are of an event are much better the closer to the event they are interviewed. The way people remember events and details may change over time, even without meaning for it, simply because more time has passed.

Either way, the State Attorney's office is now heading the investigation so the original detectives are not leading the current investigation. I don't even know if they are involved. The only new information that we have is that witnesses have supported Winston's claims of what happened and that the family may have received blood work at some point in which didn't constitute charges being brought on Winston. Those two things and that the family is claiming that TPD improperly handled the case.
Right, they are investigating nearly a year later and the alleged perpatrator has had time to get rid of any evidence, talk to the witnesses (who happen to be his friends) and make sure they support his version of events. This doesn't seem wrong to you??

Honestly, who gets raped, gets the blood work back and doesn't press for charges after 8 months have gone by? Who fears for their daughter's public perception over justice in their daughter's rape? All sounds very strange to me. If you are worried about public perception, transfer schools and sue for damages. If my daughter is raped, I'm going all out to get justice. I don't care who is the supposed perpetrator.
That's what they did!! Why do you think they went to the attorney and kept pushing the police for results and an investigation? It took the media getting wind of this before any action was done. And how many idiots on that campus and in town would make her life hell if she publicly accused the star QB of rape?

There's also a picture going around the area of Winston in the club kissing this girl and she's all wrapped around him, so take that for whatever it's worth. Probably nothing. She's white by the way. Pretty sure the club is "Coliseum" based on the decor that I see.
Many rapes are done by people the victim knows or has been intimate with.
Much more likely to let your guard down with someone you know than a stranger.

You are a fan and you WANT to believe him. I get it. But if the victim was someone you knew or the alleged perp was just another guy instead of the star QB, do you think you'd feel differently about things?

He was identified. The police refused to collect DNA from him or interview his roommate. I believe they have yet to collect DNA from Winston.

He was identified 1 month after the attack.

That's not how I read it. They said they waited for the DNA results until April. Sounds like they are more concerned with the timing of the DNA test. The police didn't get his DNA right away because they say they didn't want to tip him off that he was being investigated yet.

So, it sounds like they got his DNA results in April, or else what DNA results are they talking about? There is no information that the results from her test can give without something to compare it to. They are clearly talking about the DNA results from some other person, and Winston is the only person that they are talking about.

You know what a roofie is? If you are trying to describe a person who is attacking you, how well would be able to tell if a person is 5'10" vs 6'1"? Seriously.? Unless you have a ruler on a door or stand directly next to the person, I doubt anyone could accurately describe a person's height, much less when they've been raped and are in trauma.

Did you not read the same report that you posted? It says that the blood work determined that she was not intoxicated and they seem to take offense to the fact that it is being reported that she may have been. Clearly, if there was something in her bloodwork that showed that she had been roofied, don't you think they would be talking about that or that we would have heard something about that by now? Nobody is reporting that she was roofed. So, that is all assumption on your part.

You can't tell the difference between a 6'4" person and a 5'9" person, especially when you are sober? That is the difference in what the police report says and the actual height of Winston. You can't accurately tell the difference between those two? Seriously?

If they alerted a person they are being investigated before interviewing him, it gives him time to get his story straight and talk to his friends to make sure their stories line up. Further, people's memory are of an event are much better the closer to the event they are interviewed. The way people remember events and details may change over time, even without meaning for it, simply because more time has passed.

That was their whole reasoning for not taking DNA from Winston right away. I don't know if that's proper detective work in this kind of situation or not, and neither should you unless you are a detective or familiar with how they conduct rape investigations. It stands to reason that they would do some preliminary questioning and try to get as much information as possible before they take a DNA sample from someone and then precede to watch them lawyer up and shut their mouth. I know that if I were asked to submit a DNA test in the investigation of a woman's rape, I would immediately get a lawyer after I gave my DNA. I'd be on the phone with one as I left the police station.

Do you know how long a DNA test done for this type of investigation takes the police to process? I don't.

Winston's lawyer has already stated that witness interviews were conducted back before February, when he thought the case was closed. So, witnesses have already given their statements. There is no worry about the details changing in their mind, their account has already been recorded.

Right, they are investigating nearly a year later and the alleged perpatrator has had time to get rid of any evidence, talk to the witnesses (who happen to be his friends) and make sure they support his version of events. This doesn't seem wrong to you??

I don't know if it's wrong. I don't know how well the original investigation was conducted. Neither do you. We don't have information on that, all we have is the victim's family saying they weren't given information quickly enough.

That's what they did!! Why do you think they went to the attorney and kept pushing the police for results and an investigation? It took the media getting wind of this before any action was done. And how many idiots on that campus and in town would make her life hell if she publicly accused the star QB of rape?

Probably not very many. People are not barbarians. If a woman is raped and has a legitimate case against someone, the community is going to support her.

They got the results in April is what I am getting at. Why didn't they push for charges right then and there? If they were unable to get anything done in the face of overwhelming evidence, they should have gone to a higher agency to investigate the matter. It points to that the results that they got in April weren't what they thought they'd be and now they want to go after TPD in regards to the slow progress of the investigation.

You are a fan and you WANT to believe him. I get it. But if the victim was someone you knew or the alleged perp was just another guy instead of the star QB, do you think you'd feel differently about things?

No. The statement released by her family is weird. Read it again and look at the facts as we have them. It's not well constructed in the very least. I'd be surprised if a lawyer even read over it.

All the family is doing is questioning the timing of specific aspects of the investigation. If the police don't have anything to go by, they don't press charges. The family isn't even saying that there is clear cut evidence that he should be charged.

We can talk about this again when we have more actual information. Like the DNA results that the family got back in April. What did that say? That's actual evidence. Until we get more information, it's all assumptions. Both you and I are simply assuming basically everything we are saying here.

He was identified 1 month after the attack.

That's not how I read it. They said they waited for the DNA results until April. Sounds like they are more concerned with the timing of the DNA test. The police didn't get his DNA right away because they say they didn't want to tip him off that he was being investigated yet.

So, it sounds like they got his DNA results in April, or else what DNA results are they talking about? There is no information that the results from her test can give without something to compare it to. They are clearly talking about the DNA results from some other person, and Winston is the only person that they are talking about.
THERE ARE NO DNA RESULTS. They were waiting for the victim's bloodwork to come back, which they didn't get was until April. Winston has never had his DNA taken. It does NOT take 6 months to run bloodwork. Ask any tech who works for hospital or doctor. The police protected Winston as a suspect and stonewalled the victim and her attorney.

Did you not read the same report that you posted? It says that the blood work determined that she was not intoxicated and they seem to take offense to the fact that it is being reported that she may have been. Clearly, if there was something in her bloodwork that showed that she had been roofied, don't you think they would be talking about that or that we would have heard something about that by now? Nobody is reporting that she was roofed. So, that is all assumption on your part.
They are taking offense to the fact that the police made it seem like she got herself intoxicated and trying to blame the victim (which seems to have worked on you).

You can't tell the difference between a 6'4" person and a 5'9" person, especially when you are sober? That is the difference in what the police report says and the actual height of Winston. You can't accurately tell the difference between those two? Seriously?
Have you ever been under stress and trauma had had to identify a person's height? You are guessing, not pulling out a tape measure. You think you could remember what a person's height or face looked like if they were pointing a gun at you or if you were being held down and raped? If you are banking on the fact that the height was wrong, then you re holding on to a very thin rope.

That was their whole reasoning for not taking DNA from Winston right away. I don't know if that's proper detective work in this kind of situation or not, and neither should you unless you are a detective or familiar with how they conduct rape investigations. It stands to reason that they would do some preliminary questioning and try to get as much information as possible before they take a DNA sample from someone and then precede to watch them lawyer up and shut their mouth. I know that if I were asked to submit a DNA test in the investigation of a woman's rape, I would immediately get a lawyer after I gave my DNA. I'd be on the phone with one as I left the police station.
Except they didn't do preliminary questioning, at least not of Winston or his witness buddy. They took her blood and figured out the alleged was Winston and then stonewalled her. The police are supposed to question people as soon as possible and they didn't. They stonewalled the victim, put the investigation in a drawer and left it there till the media got wind nearly a year later.

Do you know how long a DNA test done for this type of investigation takes the police to process? I don't.
There is no DNA. Blood work takes a week at most. So either they didn't send it out or they sat on the results for months.

Winston's lawyer has already stated that witness interviews were conducted back before February, when he thought the case was closed. So, witnesses have already given their statements. There is no worry about the details changing in their mind, their account has already been recorded.
No, Winston's lawyer was informed they closed the cased when they hadn't and haven't interviewed Winston or his roommate. The "witnesses who support Winston's version" spoke to Winston's attorney, not the police.

I don't know if it's wrong. I don't know how well the original investigation was conducted. Neither do you. We don't have information on that, all we have is the victim's family saying they weren't given information quickly enough.
Common sense would dictate it doesn't take a 6 months to get blood work done or a year to to send a rape case to the state attorney or to question the alleged perpetrator. If they thought he might be innocent, they would have interviewed him and then closed the case, not stick in a drawer.

Probably not very many. People are not barbarians. If a woman is raped and has a legitimate case against someone, the community is going to support her.
Wow, you must live a dreamworld. The supporters of a school taking the side of a victim and not the star QB? Seriously? The POLICE EVEN TOLD HER ATTORNEY TO THINK ABOUT THE ACCUSATION AND THAT SHE WOULD LIKELY FACE RETRIBUTION FOR ACCUSING HIM!!

They got the results in April is what I am getting at. Why didn't they push for charges right then and there? If they were unable to get anything done in the face of overwhelming evidence, they should have gone to a higher agency to investigate the matter. It points to that the results that they got in April weren't what they thought they'd be and now they want to go after TPD in regards to the slow progress of the investigation.
Again, BECAUSE IT WASNT DNA. It was HER blood work.

All the family is doing is questioning the timing of specific aspects of the investigation. If the police don't have anything to go by, they don't press charges. The family isn't even saying that there is clear cut evidence that he should be charged.
The family is questioning whether the police buried the investigation and protected the FSU star QB. And why did they inform Winston's attorney if they didn't want to tip him off? And why did they keep the school police informed if they made it clear they didn't have jurisdiction?

We can talk about this again when we have more actual information. Like the DNA results that the family got back in April. What did that say? That's actual evidence. Until we get more information, it's all assumptions. Both you and I are simply assuming basically everything we are saying here.
THERE IS NO DNA.

So who's DNA results were they waiting to be released to them, that was apparently released to them in April?

You make a point about people being raped by people they know, then go on a tangent about not being able to identify someone in a stressful situation. If you know the person already, shouldn't you be able to identify them? You're being inconsistent.

You also are saying that the family is worried about the victim being blamed, by the police, for being intoxicated. Where have you read that police said this? Assumptions again. It's the media that reported that she may have been. Before you make the assumption that she was roofied, now you're backing off that by saying the police are blaming her by incorrectly saying she was intoxicated. Again, inconsistent.

Six months for blood work? You got six months from where? January to early April is 3 months, assuming they took the sample in January. She identified him in January and the family is upset that the DNA wasn't taken immediately, so it is safe to assume that they waiting until perhaps early February, after they did more investigating, to take the sample. That means 2 months.

You keep saying that Winston's DNA wasn't taken but that's not what was said. The family is worried about the timing of it.

It's pretty clear that you already think Winston is guilty, or want him to be found guilty. Maybe it is because you want your boy to win the Heisman and this is an easy way for him to do so? I don't know. You're talking in circles. You've made assumptions and now turned them into "facts" when there is no reason to do so. Engaging you in this conversation is to read you capitalize your assumptions and put exclamation marks behind them. No thanks.

So who's DNA results were they waiting to be released to them, that was apparently released to them in April?
THERE IS NO DNA. WHY ARE YOU HUNG UP ON DNA. They were waiting for the victims bloodwork to come back.

You are trying to argue tangents and all I am saying is that there are good reasons why her description doesn't exactly match Winston. But apparently there was other things pointing at him to make them believe he was a suspect. And then they just stopped the investigation once he was identified.

Six months for blood work? You got six months from where? January to early April is 3 months, assuming they took the sample in January. She identified him in January and the family is upset that the DNA wasn't taken immediately, so it is safe to assume that they waiting until perhaps early February, after they did more investigating, to take the sample. That means 2 months.
OK 4 months. Dec (when the incident happened and they took her blood) to April is 4 months. Still WAY too long to get results.

You keep saying that Winston's DNA wasn't taken but that's not what was said. The family is worried about the timing of it.
No, they haven't taken DNA from him yet. In fact, as of Nov 14, Winston's lawyer said the police NOW want to get a DNA swab, but my understanding is that he hasn't given it yet. And again, Winston's lawyer (who also happens to represent FSU and its athletic dept) has offered to provide witnesses. The cops never did their job and interviewed them themselves.

It's pretty clear that you already think Winston is guilty, or want him to be found guilty. Maybe it is because you want your boy to win the Heisman and this is an easy way for him to do so? I don't know. You're talking in circles. You've made assumptions and now turned them into "facts" when there is no reason to do so. Engaging you in this conversation is to read you capitalize your assumptions and put exclamation marks behind them. No thanks.
No, you are just either misinformed or jumbling facts and assumptions to keep your boy completely innocent in your mind so he can continue to play. But from what I'm hearing he may be forced to sit for the ACC championship game and the bowl game.

BTW Here are the facts

* They haven't yet taken nor tested Winston's DNA
* The police never interviewed Winston after he was identified as a suspect
* The police never interviewed Winston's roommate after Winston was identified as a suspect.
* The police told the victim no one outside of law enforcement knew about the allegations even though they told Winston's lawyer about the case
* The police told Winston's lawyer the case was closed (when it wasn't)
* The police wrote in the report the victim declined to press charges when her attorney was actually calling repeatedly to find out the test results to make a determination.
* The victim waited for ~4 months for test results that take less than a week to process.

I'm upset because this this isn't a guy possibly breaking NCAA rules. This is a crime that is being covered up by the police because the alleged perp is a football player. The fact that the police covered it up so much and stonewalled for so long, to me, indicates there may be more to the story.

So let's find out if he's innocent or not. Let's get a swab of DNA and find out if it matches. I wonder why Winston's lawyers haven't advised him to do that if he's totally innocent?

Well, it looks like this just got more serious for Winston:

A DNA analysis completed by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement on Tuesday confirmed that DNA provided by Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston matched the sample taken from the underwear of a woman who has accused him of sexual battery.
Link.

At the risk of sending this thread to the no-spin zone, regardless of whether Winston is guilty or not, how could that police department be so messed up that they would not have investigated this thoroughly months ago?

Link.

At the risk of sending this thread to the no-spin zone, regardless of whether Winston is guilty or not, how could that police department be so messed up that they would not have investigated this thoroughly months ago?

Wow, while this doesn't mean he's guilty of sexual assault this isn't good. He'll have to somehow prove the sex was consensual, but the fact he chose to not speak to police makes him look almost guilty as sin now. I hope its not true, but wow.

Link.

Yikes. Now that's proof. He better hope that he has some proof that it was consensual.

He doesn't come across as the type, but you never know for sure. Hope he isn't, but if he is I don't want him on the Seminoles.

In regards to TPD, doesn't surprise me all that much to be honest.

Back