Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Will Bob McNair finally call O'Brien to his office?

Mangler

Toro de España
I have a really bad feeling about Thursday night against the Bengals. I know most people probably think, "it's just the Bengals, we have their number!" But, that's what pretty much the entire fanbase thought about the Jags, and look what happened.

My question is, will McNair finally have enough of this bullsh*t "complex" offense and do something about it? We made Blake Bortles look like Tom Brady out there last Sunday, so I can't help but wonder what we'll make Andy Dalton look like this Thursday night?

Hard times...

It wasn't Bortles and the offense that won that game , it was our offensive line that gift wrapped them that W .... tho the back end of the Jax defense did cover very well , especially early.

But to answer your question , No .... OB wont be fired after two games , we will be very lucky to be rid of him after the season ends.

It wasn't Bortles and the offense that won that game , it was our offensive line that gift wrapped them that W .... tho the back end of the Jax defense did cover very well , especially early.

But to answer your question , No .... OB wont be fired after two games , we will be very lucky to be rid of him after the season ends.

Yep not the texans style

He has to ask himself why Ricky signed off on all the disastrous moves.

And then he has to ask himself if he's a good judge of football talent.,

Ummmm our defense got their asses kicked up and down the field. A rookie RB was taunting and running over us. Schnake Schnortles actually looked like a first round pick.

It wasn't just the OL. I agree with the overall sentiment though.

I have a really bad feeling about Thursday night against the Bengals. I know most people probably think, "it's just the Bengals, we have their number!" But, that's what pretty much the entire fanbase thought about the Jags, and look what happened.

My question is, will McNair finally have enough of this bullsh*t "complex" offense and do something about it? We made Blake Bortles look like Tom Brady out there last Sunday, so I can't help but wonder what we'll make Andy Dalton look like this Thursday night?

Hard times...

After that skit we seen Sunday against the Jaguars, you can best believe nobody is thinking we have the Bengals number.

And yes if we get embarrassed again Bill O'Brien will be headed to the, " Upper Room".

Ummmm our defense got their asses kicked up and down the field. A rookie RB was taunting and running over us. Schnake Schnortles actually looked like a first round pick.

It wasn't just the OL. I agree with the overall sentiment though.
Yeah, but it was OB that brought in the great RC and Vrabel, remember?

Got to be consistent between praise and criticism.

The reason why the defense looked bad os because they were gassed. The offense can not go 3 and out in the manner that we did and turn the ball over. Man that's an OC wet dream. Now they can play smash mouth football and run the ball down your throat.

The reason why the defense looked bad os because they were gassed. The offense can not go 3 and out in the manner that we did and turn the ball over. Man that's an OC wet dream. Now they can play smash mouth football and run the ball down your throat.
I'm not sure we can say that.
The Jags started out with 8 plays on their first drive (FG)
True, the Texans went 3 and out next.
But our D got a 3 and out as well.
Then our offense ran 9 plays.
It was after this drive that the defense allowed a 10-play drive by the Jags (FG).
Both teams then traded a couple of 3 and outs before the Jags 8-play TD drive.
That followed with the fumble for TD.
The Texans got the ball to close out the half.

So, no.
The Defense was not gassed in the first half due to the Offense screw up.

I'm not sure we can say that.
The Jags started out with 8 plays on their first drive (FG)
True, the Texans went 3 and out next.
But our D got a 3 and out as well.
Then our offense ran 9 plays.
It was after this drive that the defense allowed a 10-play drive by the Jags (FG).
Both teams then traded a couple of 3 and outs before the Jags 8-play TD drive.
That followed with the fumble for TD.
The Texans got the ball to close out the half.

So, no.
The Defense was not gassed in the first half due to the Offense screw up.
Actually, we had longer drives instead of the 3 and outs that I mentioned.
Bouye committed 3 PIs, I believe.
They didn't show up as plays when I count them.

In Obrien's first three years I thought he was a pretty good coach . He was like a cook on chopped who made a good meal out of weird ingridients . Now I think the Texans whole front office is smoking battle red crack . They let good young players walk and replace them with has beens or they jump out to quick and overpay for bad players .

yep, but there's no dissension in the org.

Wonder how Ricky wiggles his way out of this one?

BOB is a goner.

I'm not sure how to resize images

Rick%26Billy.png

I'm betting if there are moves during or after this year... damn near everyone is getting a slip. Especially GM and HC.

Midseason firing of O'Brien is what I was looking forward to this season. I don't want the QB DESTROYER to screw up Deshaun Watson. First step in cleaning house is firing O'Brien.

You wont have anything to worry about in regards to O'Brien, since RS's OL seems more than capable of taking care of this all by themselves.

Whats the point of firing BOB if we keep Smitty? It'll be the same old tired excuses if we don't get rid of both and get someone that actually knows how to evaluate talent. This is getting ridiculous.

I think that tonight we are looking at one of two possible outcomes.

Far more likely is that we see more of what we've already seen. That's a reasonable thing to expect. We've seen them play badly and so until they demonstrate otherwise this team is probably really bad. Not denying that at all.

Possible but less likely is that we either win this game. We may even destroy the Bengals somehow. The Texans aren't a bad "team" in the true meaning of the word. They're a team with a bad offense but a very good defense that's embarrassed itself and played poorly. Look at the defense and tell me that they're not capable of playing at a high level. Cushing's loss will be almost meaningless. That fool could have been living on a diet of steroids and not gotten any better. He's done and he's been done for at least a year. There was no scenario where Brian Cushing gets better as a player so his exit is going to be addition through subtraction. His replacements are on the roster, they cost very little, and if they are anything greater than JAG's then they're better than him.

We have parts on defense that are rusty as hell. Watt was playing his first real football in almost a year. Kevin Johnson was coming back from surgery and a shortened season. We have parts that are always going to have highs and lows due to chronic injury issues. Clowney is going to disappear for stretches. He always has and he always will when that knee soreness comes up. That's why he'll never be the guy that he could have been and I think most of us get that. He'll also show up for stretches and when he does it's going to be awesome. Jonathan Joseph has rough stretches but he also still can make plays at times.

Mercilus will be there. Reader will be there. McKinney will be there. We have players on that side of the ball who can play much better than they did Sunday.

Offense I got no faith in at all but the Defense might show up and keep it close enough for us to eek out a low scoring win. Maybe.

My guess is if the Texans are blown out tonight, this team and locker room will crash and burn worse than the 2013 team. BTW McNair is due another #1 pick even if he has already given it away. The bottom of the barrel and the epitome of Bad will have been reached.

you made me go look how many teams have picked multiple times at #1 overall since 2002

just the texans

3 times

every other team is sitting at either 0 (18 teams) or 1 (13 teams)

wow

My guess is if the Texans are blown out tonight, this team and locker room will crash and burn worse than the 2013 team. BTW McNair is due another #1 pick even if he has already given it away. The bottom of the barrel and the epitome of Bad will have been reached.

you made me go look how many teams have picked multiple times at #1 overall since 2002

just the texans

3 times

wow

We don't get to make fun of Cleveland anymore. We officially are Cleveland now

Last edited:

just the texans

3 times

wow

C'mon, are you really going to say the Texans picking #1 as a newly created expansion franchise is somehow a negative thing?

Especially when the Browns use that top 5 pick for themselves. Fun times.

C'mon, are you really going to say the Texans picking #1 as a newly created expansion franchise is somehow a negative thing?

no of course not, but still we were the only team to pick twice in that period

actually, we picked #1 2 times in less a decade (2006-2014)

It's not like I enjoy this, but it feels more or less like we are the reverse of the Giants

Most people do not think to the giants as a great team, but still they went to the superbowl 3 times since 2000

Most people do not think the texans are a terrible team, but still we finished dead last twice in the last 10 seasons

Didn't care too much for that fact did you?

# There's no dissension within the Texans org, or atleast that's what you were pushing during the playoffs last season and during the offseason.

Time for McNair to grow a pair, which he must have once had to be as successful in business as he has been. I can only wish McNair would hold an office meeting, hold Rick responsible and fire him on the spot. Then tell BOB that he's next if he doesn't get this thing turned around immediately.

no of course not, but still we were the only team to pick twice in that period

actually, we picked #1 2 times in less a decade (2006-2014)

It's not like I enjoy this, but it feels more or less like we are the reverse of the Giants

Most people do not think to the giants as a great team, but still they went to the superbowl 3 times since 2000

Most people do not think the texans are a terrible team, but still we finished dead last twice in the last 10 seasons

And 2006 was the 5th draft after the 4th season for an expansion franchise. What is a reasonable amount of time that a team is considered in an expansion phase? 3-5 years to have a solid framework of an organization? Is it that unreasonable for the Texans to have had the worst record in the league in their 4th season in existence?

From a different perspective, the Texans have picked better than 10th only once in the last 11 seasons. They have picked better than 15th only 3 times in those 11 seasons (based on record, not trading picks to move up).

Didn't care too much for that fact did you?

# There's no dissension within the Texans org, or atleast that's what you were pushing during the playoffs last season and during the offseason.

The fact that the Texans, as an expansion team that had never played a game, got the first pick in the draft? How did I not care for that too much?

Sigma included that pick, along with the two 2-14 season picks, as some kind of referendum on the Texans' organization.

Where should an expansion team that had never played a game pick in it's first ever draft?

As far as your comment on dissension within the Texans org and whatever I was pushing, I have no clue what you are talking about. If that was meant for me, please feel free to quote my posts on the subject.

2002 was given, expected. 2006 & 2014 were not. The fact remains that Bob McNair averages a #1 pick in the draft every four years. That hasn't changed, he's due.

2014 draft - 2002 draft = 12 seasons / 3 #1 picks = a #1 pick every four years.
2018 draft - 2002 draft = 16 seasons / every four years = He's Due! for his next #1 pick and his 4th #1 pick overall!
Jesus Christ! What's it gonna take for us to finally get a REAL GM!? I wish there was a direct way to contact Bob McNair. He needs to hear it straight from the people that pay him!

The fact that the Texans, as an expansion team that had never played a game, got the first pick in the draft? How did I not care for that too much?

Sigma included that pick, along with the two 2-14 season picks, as some kind of referendum on the Texans' organization.

Where should an expansion team that had never played a game pick in it's first ever draft?

As far as your comment on dissension within the Texans org and whatever I was pushing, I have no clue what you are talking about. If that was meant for me, please feel free to quote my posts on the subject.

The record is what it is and make no mistake the Texans org has set a record for ineptitude. You can spin it however you would like.

You and Cak had several posts after Glazer reported that if BOB didn't win last yrs playoff game that he was out, and that BOB wanted out but McNair wouldn't let him out of his contract. This along with me saying there was dissension in the ranks as for why Ricky didn't sign a single FA this offseason and y'all poo-pooing my thoughts on this subject as me being a hater. Well those chickens are coming home to roost and I haven't heard from Cak on this subject since the season started. I commend you for continuing to reply even though you are unwilling to admit you were wrong about the Texans org and it is how being run.

2014 draft - 2002 draft = 12 seasons / 3 #1 picks = a #1 pick every four years.
2018 draft - 2002 draft = 16 seasons / every four years = He's Due! for his next #1 pick and his 4th #1 pick overall!
I think it's called Fuzzy Math.
But, yeah, we agree the fact that they got 2 top picks since the inaugural year is not good.
And they could be "in the hunt" for another one if this thing implodes.

I think it's called Fuzzy Math.
But, yeah, we agree the fact that they got 2 top picks since the inaugural year is not good.
And they could be "in the hunt" for another one if this thing implodes.
If you would like discard 2002 #1 pick and begin with the 2006 #1 pick as the first #1 and the 2014 #1 pick as the second #1 pick, that is 8 seasons between picks. Divide the 8 seasons by the 2 #1 picks still averages out to a #1 pick every 4 years. Therefore 2018 McNair is due for another #1.

Last edited:
2002 was given, expected. 2006 & 2014 were not. The fact remains that Bob McNair averages a #1 pick in the draft every four years. That hasn't changed, he's due.

Man, some of you guys really circle jerk over that #1 pick thing.

Since the second season in 2003 where they picked AJ #3, the Texans have only picked higher than 10th twice, with both being 2-14 seasons. They have one top 10 pick in the last decade.

As far as math goes, discounting the expansion season and starting with 2003, that is 14 seasons with two #1 picks, or an average of 7 years. Starting with 2006 is purposefully bad math.

If you would like discard 2002 #1 pick and begin with the 2006 #1 pick as the first #1 and the 2014 #1 pick as the second #1 pick, that is 8 seasons between picks. Divide the 8 seasons by the 2 #1 picks equals a #1 pick every 4 years. Therefore 2018 McNair is due for another #1.

52bafb1da684f441845c2151bc1873cc.jpg

Back