Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

YOUR TOP 10 TEXANS AS OF TODAY

If you own Godzilla you should feel bad not offering me a ride.

I would but im all the way in NZ, and plus mines bone stock, nothing like those crazy R35.

since the 20 year ban came to an end, you damn Americans are importing all the R32 gtr and driving the prices up like crazy :dontknowa lol

I would but im all the way in NZ, and plus mines bone stock, nothing like those crazy R35.

since the 20 year ban came to an end, you damn Americans are importing all the R32 gtr and driving the prices up like crazy :dontknowa lol
Hopefully Nissan will make strong comeback in sales. Post picture of yours when you can. We had a thread someplace with cars.

Blaming Tunsil for mistakes he didn't make and many of which are the responsibility of the QB are like blaming Watson for Fuller dropping a ball.

You and others have done a great job on Watson already.

Somebody has to mention the other players on the field, especially the highest paid player.

Are you saying that Tunsil played a perfect game?
And I never blamed him for the thing he didn't do.
There might always be something that are debatable, some may have more merrit than others, but that's unavoidable.

Last edited:
You and others have done a great job on Watson already.

Somebody has to mention the other players on the field, especially the highest paid player.

Are you saying that Tunsil played a perfect game?
And I never blamed him for the thing he didn't do.
There might always be something that are debatable, some may have more merrit than others, but that's unavoidable.

Nope , not saying Tunsil played a perfect game or that he has been anything more than simply average. I've been highly critical of his contract and the assets required to obtain him in the first place.

The Texans gave up superstar assets and superstar cap space and are getting average at best play in return.

Nope , not saying Tunsil played a perfect game or that he has been anything more than simply average. I've been highly critical of his contract and the assets required to obtain him in the first place.

The Texans gave up superstar assets and superstar cap space and are getting average at best play in return.

I thin he's playing fairly well considering what he has to work with

Fairly well is highly debatable, but the real question was why Tunsil's play wasn't scrutinized at an appropriate rate considering these outlandish numbers:

https://overthecap.com/position/left-tackle/

Does he play "fairly well" to that standard?

My question was to those who have been criticizing Watson, and not to you in particular.

Also, according to this:
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/positional/
Shouldn't a lot of positional groups on the team (both on offense and defense) be given the time of the jurors a whole of a heck a lot more?

How many spectacular play from the receivers we've seen so far to compensate for the drops and the fumble?
Where have the RBs disappeared to?

The Oline has been criticized a fair bit, but still not anywhere near the ink and paper given to the QB, especially given the huge disparity in cap space.

And then, there's also the defense.

People who've been spending the time criticizing the QB's play should give appropriate time to the other positions/players, don't you think?

I kinda feel like its average to a little above average ....

BUT for what he cost in both draft assets to acquire and cap space going forward .... I don't feel like we're getting our moneys worth.

They paid for Superstar in both cash and assets - not "average to a little above".

I feel like for that cost , he should be a game changer. I expect few if any sacks on the entire season charged to him , also think if its a short yardage situation , they should be able to run behind him and get that 1-2 yards the vast majority of the time. That really hasn't been the case.
Average win rate for run blockers is about 70% .... Tunsil was slightly above average in this statistic in 2019 with 77% - good for 10th at the OT position.

He wasn't in the top 10 for Pass Block Win Rate.

Yeah , he's been pretty good .... but don't we expect more than that from the highest paid OT in the game ?

Yeah , he's been pretty good .... but don't we expect more than that from the highest paid OT in the game ?

Yes, but considering he's playing next to a LG who doesn't have a lot of experience and has only been playing with him a short while, and has a QB that makes it very difficult to block for, a OL coach that is no good and a oC that is a rookie all paired with a HC that is an idiot, I feel he's been playing fairly well

Fairly well is highly debatable, but the real question was why Tunsil's play wasn't scrutinized at an appropriate rate considering these outlandish numbers:

https://overthecap.com/position/left-tackle/

Does he play "fairly well" to that standard?

My question was to those who have been criticizing Watson, and not to you in particular.

Also, according to this:
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/positional/
Shouldn't a lot of positional groups on the team (both on offense and defense) be given the time of the jurors a whole of a heck a lot more?

How many spectacular play from the receivers we've seen so far to compensate for the drops and the fumble?
Where have the RBs disappeared to?

The Oline has been criticized a fair bit, but still not anywhere near the ink and paper given to the QB, especially given the huge disparity in cap space.

And then, there's also the defense.

People who've been spending the time criticizing the QB's play should give appropriate time to the other positions/players, don't you think?
I just don't get why you think many of us who criticise Watson do not also critique other players; that just is not so. Even Steel whom acknowledges he is Watson's most severe critic has frequently said other players and Bill O'Brien also have issues. He and I have said we need another HC. We and others have discussed O'Brien's play calling; game plan, prep, misuse of game clock; stubborn mind set and more. We have called out Tunsil, Nick Martin, Fulton, Howard and Fuller repeatedly. I do agree that contracts and years played in system should influence us to a certain degree and each of the posters determine to what extent. Cunningham, Tunsil, Mercilus and Watt also have received huge deals + GTD money as did Watson. For the most part I evaluate player in regards to the current season's cap hit. Therefore Dashaun get a huge "waiver" from me as his cap is only $10m while Tunsil and Mercilus, David Johnson, Watt and Fuller are all higher and all play priority positions. Watson while having a very reasonable cap hit this season plays QB which is way at the top of 'pyramid' as team leader and then much lower are those I mentioned. QB is very close IMO for responsibility to the coaches.

QB should always get more criticism simply because of the leadership role and Dashaun is the face of the team. Watson had a much better game today while Oline remained an issue.

I kinda feel like its average to a little above average ....

BUT for what he cost in both draft assets to acquire and cap space going forward .... I don't feel like we're getting our moneys worth.

They paid for Superstar in both cash and assets - not "average to a little above".

I feel like for that cost , he should be a game changer. I expect few if any sacks on the entire season charged to him , also think if its a short yardage situation , they should be able to run behind him and get that 1-2 yards the vast majority of the time. That really hasn't been the case.
Average win rate for run blockers is about 70% .... Tunsil was slightly above average in this statistic in 2019 with 77% - good for 10th at the OT position.

He wasn't in the top 10 for Pass Block Win Rate.

Exactly and what I alluded to in response to 76. I expect Tunsil to greatly improve each game. So far just my dos centavos, none of our high contract guys are earning their check.

I just don't get why you think many of us who criticise Watson do not also critique other players; that just is not so. Even Steel whom acknowledges he is Watson's most severe critic has frequently said other players and Bill O'Brien also have issues. He and I have said we need another HC. We and others have discussed O'Brien's play calling; game plan, prep, misuse of game clock; stubborn mind set and more. We have called out Tunsil, Nick Martin, Fulton, Howard and Fuller repeatedly. I do agree that contracts and years played in system should influence us to a certain degree and each of the posters determine to what extent. Cunningham, Tunsil, Mercilus and Watt also have received huge deals + GTD money as did Watson. For the most part I evaluate player in regards to the current season's cap hit. Therefore Dashaun get a huge "waiver" from me as his cap is only $10m while Tunsil and Mercilus, David Johnson, Watt and Fuller are all higher and all play priority positions. Watson while having a very reasonable cap hit this season plays QB which is way at the top of 'pyramid' as team leader and then much lower are those I mentioned. QB is very close IMO for responsibility to the coaches.

QB should always get more criticism simply because of the leadership role and Dashaun is the face of the team. Watson had a much better game today while Oline remained an issue.
Just do a search; I'm sure you will find more posts criticizing Watson than the rest of the team combined.
:corrosion:

Yes, but considering he's playing next to a LG who doesn't have a lot of experience and has only been playing with him a short while, and has a QB that makes it very difficult to block for, a OL coach that is no good and a oC that is a rookie all paired with a HC that is an idiot, I feel he's been playing fairly well

When you put it that way ..... :corrosion:

The fact that this has gotten down to the level of members counting other members posts of whether you criticize BOB more than DW4 tells you all you really need to know about said posters. Are we in Jr. High?

LMAO

Back