Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

your thoughts?

Silver Oak

All Pro
8th pick in a 12 team league. PPR, standard scoring. I went WR, WR, WR with first 3 picks instead of getting 2nd tier back.

Thanks for looking.

1. Edwards, Trent BUF QB 6
2. Schaub, Matt HOU QB 8
3. Brown, Ronnie MIA RB 4
4. Johnson, Chris TEN RB 6
5. Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB 9
6. Taylor, Chester MIN RB 8
7. Ward, Derrick NYG RB 4
8. Holt, Torry STL WR 5
9. Moss, Randy NEP WR 4
10. Stallworth, Donte' CLE WR 5
11. Wayne, Reggie IND WR 4
12. Clark, Dallas IND TE 4
13. Gramatica, Martin NOS PK 9
14. Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def 10

Not a huge fan of not getting at least one RB in the first 3 rounds. Your RB corps is going to be a big huge pain in your fanny all year, trust me. You're strong really at only one position. You have nothing but RBBC backs, and that's going to hurt.

Seriously, the people in my long-running league who do silly things like WR, WR, WR in the first three rounds have very mediocre seasons. And one guy did that once, betting on the PPR putting them over the top.

This year, I went RB, WR, QB. I'm a huge advocate of getting one stud at 2-3 positions early. I got, in draft order, Jackson, Wayne and Palmer. I rounded that out with T. Jones in the 4th and Brandon Marshall in the 5th. I have 2 primary backs and one, possibly 2 stud WRs (I took a chance on Marshall and his legal woes, but he had too much value in the 5th to pass up) and one stud QB.

Not a huge fan of not getting at least one RB in the first 3 rounds. Your RB corps is going to be a big huge pain in your fanny all year, trust me. You're strong really at only one position. You have nothing but RBBC backs, and that's going to hurt.

Seriously, the people in my long-running league who do silly things like WR, WR, WR in the first three rounds have very mediocre seasons. And one guy did that once, betting on the PPR putting them over the top.

This year, I went RB, WR, QB. I'm a huge advocate of getting one stud at 2-3 positions early. I got, in draft order, Jackson, Wayne and Palmer. I rounded that out with T. Jones in the 4th and Brandon Marshall in the 5th. I have 2 primary backs and one, possibly 2 stud WRs (I took a chance on Marshall and his legal woes, but he had too much value in the 5th to pass up) and one stud QB.

trust me, I know I took a risk, but I pretty much had to from the 8 spot.

guess I'm just banking on some breakthrough seasons for some guys, and injuries to some who they split time with.

I like your 1-2 picks alot, but I would have waited one more round on QB. Palmer may yet lose CJ this season to his shoulder injury.

trust me, I know I took a risk, but I pretty much had to from the 8 spot.

guess I'm just banking on some breakthrough seasons for some guys, and injuries to some who they split time with.

I like your 1-2 picks alot, but I would have waited one more round on QB. Palmer may yet lose CJ this season to his shoulder injury.

Well, the way the third round was going, Palmer was THE BEST value pick available. I would usually go RB there or WR if a tier 1 or 2 was still hanging around, but there was no RB or WR that matched Palmer's value in that position. Our league has been going on for years, and I conferred with a couple of my fellow drafters and they agreed, I really had no choice but go with best available.

Your gamble on RBs might pay off, but you gambled on mid-round RBs stepping up, and that's generally not a good position to be in. It's my philosophy that the flyer players are mid-round gambles that if they pay off, great, you look like a genius, but they ride the bench until they become RBBC1 or they're buy week fill ins. You're going to have to gamble week in and week out on seeing some consistent production from both your RB starters. And two of your four RBs are rooks. So, you have risk one: RBBC players and risk two: rookies.

Wooooo hooooooo...would be bad form for me to do a little victory dance when my friends and I convene to watch the first Sunday of football? I was so scared this guy was going to cripple me for the first 3 games.

-- NFL Reduces Brandon Marshall's Suspension to One Game --

AP reports the NFL has reduced Denver Broncos WR Brandon Marshall's suspension for violating the league's personal conduct policy reduced from three games to one. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Marshall for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy for a series of off-field issues. At the time, Marshall was told the suspension could be cut to two games if he stayed out of trouble and kept in touch with a league-appointed counselor. Goodell reduced the penalty after Marshall went to New York last week to appeal. He'll also forfeit his pay for an additional game, for a two-game total of $52,352. Marshall's suspension begins Saturday. He can return to Broncos headquarters Sept. 9.

Wooooo hooooooo...would be bad form for me to do a little victory dance when my friends and I convene to watch the first Sunday of football? I was so scared this guy was going to cripple me for the first 3 games.

Marshall is a beast I took him in the 16th round last year and had one of the best WR corps ever assembled. (AJ, Plax, Welker, Marshall)

I don't necesarrily disagree with the WR,WR, WR, approach in a ppr league, I planned on doing it myself this year. I ended up taking Moss, Portis, Fitz in the first 3 rounds of a ten man draft. I didn't plan on Portis being there or I might have taken Wayne.

Maybe it's just me having bad luck drafting RB's but I think it is easier to decide which WR's will have a good season than RB's. They seem to have a lower bust factor.

I guess I should mention that in the same league I had all the great WR's, my first two picks were Rudi Johnson and Travis Henry.

With that said, was Torry Holt your 3rd round pick? If so, I don't like that pick at all, there had to be somebody better.

I like Schaub and I like Chester Taylor, and I love your two top wideouts, but other than that you might be in trouble.

8th pick in a 12 team league. PPR, standard scoring. I went WR, WR, WR with first 3 picks instead of getting 2nd tier back.

Thanks for looking.

1. Edwards, Trent BUF QB 6
2. Schaub, Matt HOU QB 8
3. Brown, Ronnie MIA RB 4
4. Johnson, Chris TEN RB 6
5. Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB 9
6. Taylor, Chester MIN RB 8
7. Ward, Derrick NYG RB 4
8. Holt, Torry STL WR 5
9. Moss, Randy NEP WR 4
10. Stallworth, Donte' CLE WR 5
11. Wayne, Reggie IND WR 4
12. Clark, Dallas IND TE 4
13. Gramatica, Martin NOS PK 9
14. Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def 10

I'm assuming the order went: Moss, Wayne, Holt, Brown, Stewart, Clark...etc etc.

I expect J Stew will assert himself over DeA Williams very shortly.

Back