Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Your thoughts on the 2007 Draft picks

Well I think the team and a lot of other football people would disagree.

But there is no harm in disagreements.

So goes life...

Why is there still such love for Gattis? He has a lated Day 2 pick by J'ville who was cut and NOT signed to their pratice squad. He then sat at home for 2 weeks before the Bears signed him to fill their practice squad after Brown got hurt. He has since been cut and resigned yet again...and after all that people still think that he would have been a better pick then somebody who might have made the 53 man roster here?

I will never understand how some people continue to fixate on bad players and pine away that they wish they were Texans. The NFL has spoken through the actions of it's teams. Gattis was way over-rated, and a borderline NFL player.

Because I was not looking back at the pick with 20-20 hindsight. I was not fixated on Gattis, just at the time of the draft Gattis made more sense then a another SS. I gave the pick a F at the time, but have changed my opinion to a C. I think that shows my thinking this was an OK pick. I see the GMs thinking here now, just not at the time of the draft.

And no where did I say I wanted Gattis to be a Texans now.

Giving Jones an F is laugable. But, am enjoying reading the takes.

Carry on. :texflag:

I don't think he meant that Jones was an F at WR or PR, I think he meant that taking a WR in the third round over a CB, FS, or LT was a bad idea. Hindsight tells us it wasn't, but at the time, I was a little confused at why we waited until later for a CB.

Texan Horror I'm pretty sure I understand what you are saying in your original post, I just think the grading system you used was a little unorthodox and is able to be interpreted multiple ways.

Back