Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Your opinion on Chris Meyers?

Bleed_Blu_Red

Waterboy
Ok I have a friend that hates on Chris Meyers so bad. Ok there are a few C's better then him in the league but he is better then my friend/people give him credit for, He is the glue to the oline in my opinion, Yes Dbo is the anchor but he keeps the line in sync. Especially this yr with Caldwell and Newton becoming full time starters with the exception of Newton and Butler battling for Rt but anyways without him the line wouldn't Run block or Pass block as effectively as they do just curious on what Texan fans think of Meyers.

Myers is perfect for what we do. I don't think he's a guy you can plug into any system, but for our ZBS I don't know if you could find a much better Center. There is a reason we paid him like we did.

Money talks.
The guy just got a nice contract.
That proves his worth.
(Or at the very least, it shows that he has certain amount of ability.)

The contract and money isn't a factor to me, Plenty of players get payed and aren't even close to the money they get payed but yes his intangibles and veteran savvy are a plus and a must so agreed we kept him for a reason and fits the ZBS perfect

My opinion is he's probably getting tired of people misspelling his name. Dude has been a starter for a few years now. Just like Kevin Walters :)

Many experts called him the best center of last season. Our system helps him out, hiding his weaknesses - but in our system he is perfect and anchors one of the best lines in football (oh how I wish to be able to say that again after the season).

The hating of Chris Myers is dating back a couple of years. Some people just can`t forget how bad he played at times (remember that Kris Jenkins play?) and aren`t ready to change their mind. Same thing seems to be happening to Kareem Jackson this year...

Many experts called him the best center of last season. Our system helps him out, hiding his weaknesses - but in our system he is perfect and anchors one of the best lines in football (oh how I wish to be able to say that again after the season).

The hating of Chris Myers is dating back a couple of years. Some people just can`t forget how bad he played at times (remember that Kris Jenkins play?) and aren`t ready to change their mind. Same thing seems to be happening to Kareem Jackson this year...

That's the exact play my friend always refers to Jenkins threw him on his ass same thing happen to Pitts big deal every olineman has been tossed at least once not like Jenkins was a scrub he was a beast at Maryland and was in his prime at that time was the best NT behind Ngata and Wilfork at the time

Ok I have a friend that hates on Chris Meyers so bad. Ok there are a few C's better then him in the league but he is better then my friend/people give him credit for, He is the glue to the oline in my opinion, Yes Dbo is the anchor but he keeps the line in sync. Especially this yr with Caldwell and Newton becoming full time starters with the exception of Newton and Butler battling for Rt but anyways without him the line wouldn't Run block or Pass block as effectively as they do just curious on what Texan fans think of Meyers.

WOW!! This subject has been addressed at near ad naseum. I was in the "Meyers sucks" after the Kris Jenkins, well *ass whoopin*... Since then, I've done a 180. While Dwayne Brown is our best OL, Meyers is more than solid and an intricate piece to this OL, making the calls.

Good re-signing. Glad I can admit I was WRONG about him!!

WOW!! This subject has been addressed at near ad naseum. I was in the "Meyers sucks" after the Kris Jenkins, well *ass whoopin*... Since then, I've done a 180. While Dwayne Brown is our best OL, Meyers is more than solid and an intricate piece to this OL, making the calls.

Good re-signing. Glad I can admit I was WRONG about him!!

This:

jetex.gif

:kubepalm:

I was in the same boat with you man. I hated on him big time. I'm glad I was completely wrong about him.

This:

jetex.gif

:kubepalm:

I was in the same boat with you man. I hated on him big time. I'm glad I was completely wrong about him.

MSR for posting the assault! In most states, that would constitute felonious assault, no?

*EDIT*

In fact, if Jenkins wanted to, he could've gone for the full-on murder of Schaub! Thank God he had a heart!!

Since Jenkins abused him I've done at least a 540. While I can never unsee him literally being tossed around the field he's really good at what he does. Glad he is a Texan.

Since Jenkins abused him I've done at least a 540. While I can never unsee him literally being tossed around the field he's really good at what he does. Glad he is a Texan.

So what you're saying is, is that you're a third into your initial opinion??? Help me out here, certain math was not my strong point. :spin:

#30 RB Ahman Green- 23 million for four years..

Never played a whole game... That I can remember.

He broke in the preseason. Then in his first couple of regular season games, he was looking like he was going to be the shiznit. He averaged about 4.7 yards per carry. Then in his third game, he broke.

Came back and had an epic 50 yard screen pass against the Raiders... and that was about it.

I expected him to have a lot more tread on the tires than that.

You weren't wrong. He wasn't as good in '09 and '10 as he was in '11. Players develop and get better, and kudos to him for continuing to work and improve.

I was talking about, I thought he was just gonna be a complete bust, or big time liability his whole career.

So what you're saying is, is that you're a third into your initial opinion??? Help me out here, certain math was not my strong point. :spin:

I went 360 and thought he was still a scrub. Last year I went 180 thanks to his play. 360+180=540

Inform your friend that the calendar says 2012. Peyton Manning was released, the 49'ers are Superbowl contenders, and Chris Myers is a Pro Bowler.

I still don't like him pass-blocking against large 3-4 NGs, but he's definitely earned his place here. No way we got the O-line respect we've had for a couple of years now without him.

Inform your friend that the calendar says 2012. Peyton Manning was released, the 49'ers are Superbowl contenders, and Chris Myers is a Pro Bowler.

He knows the texans just criticizes certain players I meen damn he hates on Barwin and he was a damn good 2nd rnd pick just has his player preferences o well

I think he still struggles at times with a good man-over NT in 3-4's, but has proven he can get the job done on a fairly consistent basis. Like TB said, I too have already stated I was wrong about him in an old thread.

Love Myers but hope Jones can replace him before 2014 as Chris' cap hit escalates to apprx $7million

Back