Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Your favorite DC moment

I believe it was about two or three years ago when we played Minnesota. That second half had me standing in my living room the whole time in front of my recliner. David was a real gunslinger that second half. I know we didn't win that game but the excitement and the way Carr stepped up was a sight to see.

I was in the front row next to the bullpen. It was amazingly loud. It was so loud that you could yell at the top of your lungs and not hear yourself. I broke my second whip, I mean, cheer stick in the third quarter of that game slamming it against the padding in front of the seats making noise.

I lost my voice for a couple days after that. It was a bummer that we dint win that one.

king3.jpg
:rofl:

ROFL

Well KT, it was a valiant effort, but even the mods can't refrain from turning a positive thread into a negative with trollish postings. I commend you for the effort, however.

Great observation. I thought I was the only one who noticed it.

:coffee:

Ah, high school.

The homecoming king and queen, David Carr and Christine Fell, showed their support by maintaining their cheerfulness throughout the evening.

What troopers!

I witnessed a couple of long QB tenures here. Pastorini started off a lot like Carr - booing, frustration,etc. -- people felt the same way about him at first as many do Carr, but after three seasons Dante got a coach named Sid Gilman who turned him and the offense around. Moon had the same issues for 3 seasons until June Jones came in and changed the offense. Gilman and Jones effects were felt immediately in QB performance, production, and in the win column. .

There's a lot of difference between 3 seasons and 5 seasons.

PS. My favorite Carr moment is the moment he leaves town.

My Favorite moment is " with the first pick in the 2002 NFL draft the Houston Texans select... David Carr...quaterback Fresno State University"

my favorite dc moment was last yr against the 49ers. throwing that interception that went back for a touchdown to guarantee the texans the first pick in the draft was a great moment in his career

Mine was when he got taken out of the Titans games.

I fail to see what people see in this less than mediocre quarterback...

I witnessed a couple of long QB tenures here. Pastorini started off a lot like Carr - booing, frustration,etc. -- people felt the same way about him at first as many do Carr, but after three seasons Dante got a coach named Sid Gilman who turned him and the offense around. Moon had the same issues for 3 seasons until June Jones came in and changed the offense. Gilman and Jones effects were felt immediately in QB performance, production, and in the win column.

Play better and win. Simply stated, that's what has to happen otherwise people won't be satisfied. When Giff Neilsen, Oliver Luck and Chris Chandler were our QBs, people weren't satisfied either, for good reason. It's the nature of the beast.

I remember Pastorini and it took a while. While he overcame some things he still never came close to "great". Moon had a rough couple of seasons but really came together. I definitely put Warren in my "greats" category. If you're right on the times Dan was 3 seasons, Warren 3. We're in our fifth with Carr and I'm still not seeing anything. Maybe I'm blind...

I fail to see how you can't see the talent. But there really is no middle ground on this debate, so, on we go.....

I see a spark here and there. What I don't see is consistency. My biggest problem is he is not a leader. I think this was clearly evident in his pouting last week after being pulled. I would LOVE to be proven wrong and I wait, hopefully, game after game after game for you guys to be right.

:redtowel: Go David! Now. Please....

There's a lot of difference between 3 seasons and 5 seasons.

PS. My favorite Carr moment is the moment he leaves town.

Yea How many of those seasons were Expantion seasons with wrs that are backups now or not playing, with DeMego Graham and Jimmy Herndon..........AND James Allen.

My favorite "Texan" fan moment will be when you leave as well. And take all your ":rolleyes: knowledge:rolleyes: " with you.

Yea How many of those seasons were Expantion seasons with wrs that are backups now or not playing, with DeMego Graham and Jimmy Herndon..........AND James Allen.

My favorite "Texan" fan moment will be when you leave as well. And take all your ":rolleyes: knowledge:rolleyes: " with you.

Don't get yourself worked up. Nighthawk is just another troll that does a few drive bye's every now and again. Nighthawk is a big time VY lover. Probably has a pic of VY in his wallet.

I know I already posted my favorite DC moment but I'm changing it and I don't care. When DC jumped from the two or three yard line into the endzone yesterday against the Giants and got it, I was pumped!! I haven't jumped up and yelled like that in a long time.

Preachers from Colorado!!! Hillarious!!

I posted mine and while that play yesterday is up there on my list, the top on my list is still his first completion as a pro - the 19 yard TD pass to Billy Miller for a TD against the Cowgurls!!!

I know I already posted my favorite DC moment but I'm changing it and I don't care. When DC jumped from the two or three yard line into the endzone yesterday against the Giants and got it, I was pumped!! I haven't jumped up and yelled like that in a long time.

I gotta agree that was a great moment. I think the only thing that made me feel better about this team is the way everyone came together in the end zone after the touchdown. Penalty or not.

Losing stinks - but they played hard yesterday, and that gave me some indications they are at least in this together. I wondered.

My favorite DC moment will be when he leads the Texans to win more than 3 out of 5 games.

I really liked the over the top dive into the endzone though.

Back