Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

You think it looked bad on tv...

Texans Pride

Veteran
It was even worse being there. I've never heard a stadium full of people laughing at another team. . . I mean LAUGHING their freak'n butts off at us and the inability to score or stop them from scoring. My favorite thing I heard was, "Even our second string players are kicking their a**!"

I will say this....We at Reliant treat opposing teams fans so much better. We are respectful and hospitable....That was not the case at all here.

Was waiting and wondering what AJ went through. He was supposed to be at the game.

Not just the folks at the stadium, the whole broadcast crew ie: Joe Thiesman, etc. was laughing at us on national TV.

bobby 119C :brickwall

As long as our coaching staff fields an o-line and almost an entire defense of flocculus, we deserve to be laughed at.

To quote Albert Einstein

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Unfortunately it seems the Texan Staff never got the memo :brickwall

It makes me want to fight the jerk fans of the other team some times b/c when you're a fan of the losing team you are subject to all of the jeers, which can get downright hurtful. But what can you say or do about some of them?

I tell you what hurts even more for your local radio staations to diss the home team.

Longing for that time when this team is the team to worry about b/c they're so good almost to the point of kickin' *** and running the score up every chance they get. See what folks say then. Wishful thinking, and if indeed they become that winning team they'll probably go out there and win w/ class anyway.

Texans Pride said:
It was even worse being there. I've never heard a stadium full of people laughing at another team. . . I mean LAUGHING their freak'n butts off at us and the inability to score or stop them from scoring. My favorite thing I heard was, "Even our second string players are kicking their a**!"

I will say this....We at Reliant treat opposing teams fans so much better. We are respectful and hospitable....That was not the case at all here.
What you've got to remember is that you're most likely sitting on the visitors side or in the cheap seats with people who just come to one game a year. Who can account for how they will act? Most of them probably wouldn't even pass the "Name our long-snapper" test. I would doubt that the diehard fans would have been rude. Can't say much about the laughing part but I doubt that they would be rude.

We were in the lower level endzone (section 120) and some little stoner who weighed about 98 lbs. dripping wet, sitting two rows in front of us mooned us late in the game. Then there were the people from the deck above spitting on some of the Texans fans seated further down my row. Other than that, everything was great.

The little stoner actually provided some cheap entertainment when we desperately needed it late in the game. He wore the requisite dirty jeans with a turquoise and pink stocking cap pulled down low over his head - my lasting image of Seattle. To their credit, several Sea fans told him to stop being an a-hole (the moon was a culmination of about a 30 minute drug induced rant toward the Texans fans seated behind him). Several Sea fans apologized - even those from Canada seated directly behind us.

The stadium is probably the best I've ever been in. The weather was great and everything else was great too. It's just too bad the Texans didn't show up. $7 for a SLICE of pizza is a bit much.

Oh, and then there's the lines for the MENS bathroom. That was unique but not nearly the best part. After you stood in line for several minutes - kind of like how it was for the women's bathroom at the Astrodome 25 years ago - you got to the entrance to the bathroom and had to pause for a few seconds there...you couldn't walk right in. There was a guy - I'm totally serious now - there was a --- let's call him a pee director, in a yellow stadium staff jacket - standing at the back of the restroom, monitoring stall and urinal activity. When a space opened, he would raise his hand and say "I've got one open over here," or "I've got two on this side." It reminded me of ushers at a church during those really crowded holiday services. Needless to say, I was impressed with the service.

HA! "pee-director"! :heh: Seahawk fans too stoned to remember why they're in line!

"Sir....sir! Please take urinal number 8. And remember to shake it off!" ;)

I wouldn't want to be in an opposing stadium for a Texans road game at this point in team history. You just have to sit there and absorb the insults, because what can you really have to say in return? No ammo for that!

"yeah, yeah, we suck, whatever" idonno:

:rofl: Pee Monitor!!!!! Hopefully they won't hire a shaker next to hurry you up! Now that was bad--hehehe!

I've heard it all now!

Thanks AJ for representing us and supporting our team in Seattle!!!

bobby 119C

haha, the urinal guy must be something new this year, I don't have season tickets this year and don't recall being directed to an open spot in previous years.
They used to get complaints that there weren't enough women's restrooms in the Kingdome, there solution was to have a reasonable amount of women's restrooms and virtually no men's restrooms, thus leading to those insane lines.
Just like every stadium, there are people just come to get drunk, they are the ones that live midway through the third quarter to hit the bars.
Your treatment wasn't bad at all comparatively, when the Cowboys come here next week, it will be ugly, but I trust those fans are used to it. Then the Rams...well, their players get it worse than the fans I think.
A lot of the fans that give Texans fans crap forget that three years ago we were in almost the same situation at 1-5. Or they just weren't fans then.

It wasn't the laughing and the razzing from the Seahawks fan that bothered me. . . That's normal, when you go into an opposing teams stadium you have to expect that, if you can't handle it, you probably shouldn't see games outside of your own stadium.

What I got angry with were fans spitting on people, getting 5 inches away from my face or my wife's face screaming "F you, F your team, you guys suck big donkey ....." And I'm not talking 1 or 2 fans and just drunk men. I'm talking many many people doing this, including women, which I was very surprised. There were a couple of times walking out of the stadium that my wife had to grab my arm because I was so close to retaliating against some of those people. I did see one thing that was awesome, there was a DRUNK Seahawks fan and he was standing up yelling in this elderly gentleman's face who happened to be a Texans fan...the five inches thing here again. Another fan got up, grabbed him by his jacket and sat him down in his seat. I'm not sure what he told the guy, but the look on his face was priceless and he shut up for the rest of the game.

On the flip side, Seattle as a city is amazing, the people are great (with the exception of the game) and the stadium is beautiful. If we lived here we'd be at the Pikes Place Market everyday, with fresh seafood, produce, and flowers, it’s any chefs dream, and I thought my wife was going to by everything possible! We are seriously considering looking into moving here. It really is that nice.

By the way. . . Did anyone see my on tv? Channel 2 interviewed me at the Pikes Place Market. It aired around 6:00 Houston time. I was in a red Texans sweatshirt, and I took off my shirt and showed my bull tattoo. My name is Ashley Ashna

Texans Pride said:
It wasn't the laughing and the razzing from the Seahawks fan that bothered me. . . That's normal, when you go into an opposing teams stadium you have to expect that, if you can't handle it, you probably shouldn't see games outside of your own stadium.

What I got angry with were fans spitting on people, getting 5 inches away from my face or my wife's face screaming "F you, F your team, you guys suck big donkey ....." And I'm not talking 1 or 2 fans and just drunk men. I'm talking many many people doing this, including women, which I was very surprised. There were a couple of times walking out of the stadium that my wife had to grab my arm because I was so close to retaliating against some of those people. I did see one thing that was awesome, there was a DRUNK Seahawks fan and he was standing up yelling in this elderly gentleman's face who happened to be a Texans fan...the five inches thing here again. Another fan got up, grabbed him by his jacket and sat him down in his seat. I'm not sure what he told the guy, but the look on his face was priceless and he shut up for the rest of the game.

On the flip side, Seattle as a city is amazing, the people are great (with the exception of the game) and the stadium is beautiful. If we lived here we'd be at the Pikes Place Market everyday, with fresh seafood, produce, and flowers, it’s any chefs dream, and I thought my wife was going to by everything possible! We are seriously considering looking into moving here. It really is that nice.

By the way. . . Did anyone see my on tv? Channel 2 interviewed me at the Pikes Place Market. It aired around 6:00 Houston time. I was in a red Texans sweatshirt, and I took off my shirt and showed my bull tattoo. My name is Ashley Ashna
The Seattle area is magnificant in terms of natural attractions - there is no less than 3 National Parks within 75-100 miles of the heart of the city !
And Pikes Place Market is really a neat place !
But I worked there and got to know the locals and trust me, after
the Californians they have maybe the most left leaning mentality of any part of the country and you probably got a taste of how they feel about the Texas region i.e, people up there aren't that fond of the current admin.
I'm not saying that's your political persuation, but if you had any Texans
garb on - well.....
And they sure aren't very good football fans, I saw very little excitement from anyone when Fall rolled around and football season was beginning.
In other words, the Seahawks are playing well right now so the Bandwagons
got a full load.

Back