Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

You can never have too many QBs

I guess this is a hint to where Symons will start the season at.
Symons continues to soak it all in as he wears of the uniform of his hometown team.

"As a quarterback it's a lot to take on, but I feel like things are falling into place pretty smoothly and I'm getting a handle on what's going on offensively," said Symons, who likely is headed to the "physically unable to perform" list for the first half of this season, then to the injured reserve depending on his fellow QBs' health.

The other college quarterback trying to fit in as a rookie, Nebraska's Lord, isn't here for his arm. He's here to learn a new position that, in Capers' system, is responsible for calling out important defensive adjustments to his teammates.

Lord's experience could come in handy, even if he's now looking at the field from the opposite angle.

"He has a pretty good feel, a pretty good presence about him," Capers said. "He's a good communicator, which we need because the free safety has to be the quarterback of our defense."

Good thing, because you can never have too many quarterbacks.

SteelBlue said:
I guess this is a hint to where Symons will start the season at.
I noticed that also Vin. To me it says that this will be Banks last year in a Texans uniform.

5 quarterbacks is too many. I don't have time to read the whole article but that must leave you thin in some other areas.

Teams need multiple QB's to run drills in practice in training camp, so multiple QB's are a common site on all 32 teams each year. Also if you read the article they are including guys like Lord, who won't be a QB in the NFL.

WWJD said:
5 quarterbacks is too many. I don't have time to read the whole article but that must leave you thin in some other areas.
I think you need to read the story before you comment on it. The 5th QB is Lord, and he will not be a QB with the Texans. Lord is being switched to the FS position.

That was a nice article. Realistically, I think the bottom line is the Texans have 3QB's, which is good and bad. I like the idea that Lord was a QB. He could play in an emergency role.

Westside said:
It's great seeing Carr's photo on the SI site!!!! Can't wait for info from this weeks session.

thats weird, i didnt see his photo anywhere on the site...
:um:

scourge said:
thats weird, i didnt see his photo anywhere on the site...
:um:

It was the main picture under the NFL part on SI.com. It was taken off around 3 pm today.

But it was there. And it was sweet.

rittenhouserobz said:
That was a nice article. Realistically, I think the bottom line is the Texans have 3QB's, which is good and bad. I like the idea that Lord was a QB. He could play in an emergency role.

Thats true if Dave and Banks get hurt like last season they will probably have Lord taking a few snaps in practice.

Back