Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

y'know, Faggins is pretty good too!

phan1

Rookie
I was wrong about this guy, and he is definitely a legitamite player in the NFL. I was kind of down on our secondary with starting a rookie and pretty much having Coleman and Glenn to lock things down. But now I've switched tunes. With players like Faggins, Robinson, Glenn, and Coleman, our secondary isn't bad at all. Sure I'll expect some more growing pains, but I'm much more optimistic about our secondary, especially with the rise of Faggins.

I was just thinking about coming on here and posting a "good job Faggins" message, but you beat me to it. I think Faggins has done a good job when we needed him this year. And even last year he held Marvin Harrison to like 7 yards or something until he got hurt. Keep up the good work Faggins.

I noticed Faggins last year when he blanketed Marvin Harrison during the Colts game at the end of the season....in fact I don't think MH had a reception in that game or at least not one while Faggins was covering him.

Faggins did a great job, but he wasn't as much of a surprise to me as Earl was last Sunday. Faggins had already displayed what he was made of last season. Earl, on the other hand, was a rookie coming off an injury and starting in KC. He did okay in that game, but nothing spectactular. Early on in the Oakland game Earl broke through and tackled the RB in the backfield. I was surprised because I didn't expect him to be able to read and react so quickly to that play in only his second NFL start. If Brown misses any more time he might not get his starting job back this season the way Earl has been playing. He's showed improvement, and I can only expect him to get better with playing time. He's still got a lot to learn, but he's made some big strides thus far.

I think Faggins did a good job but that was OBVIOUS pass interference pushing off the reciever "pushing him out of the way" ! But he got away with it so it was a good play !

phan1 said:
I was wrong about this guy, and he is definitely a legitamite player in the NFL. I was kind of down on our secondary with starting a rookie and pretty much having Coleman and Glenn to lock things down. But now I've switched tunes. With players like Faggins, Robinson, Glenn, and Coleman, our secondary isn't bad at all. Sure I'll expect some more growing pains, but I'm much more optimistic about our secondary, especially with the rise of Faggins.

Don't forget this type of hard play also allows time for players like Jammal Lord to develope. I still like him for future. We do have older players like Coleman, Glenn and Brown but having Faggins, Simmons, Dunte, Babin, Peek and Earl make me feel good for future. I hope Junior Ioane & Deloach @ 27 yoa can move in when Walker and Payne eventually leave.

I would like to see a 23/24 yoa next year start training behind these guys next year. :headbang:

Back