Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who's Number Two...Who's Number Two

Wow, I guess everyone is right this season.

Those that say the Texans are legit... number two ain't bad.

Those saying the Texans are crap.... crap is THE real number two.

This truly is the season of giving and coming together no matter our opinions.....

*sniff*..... I love you guys...

God bless us everyone.

Wow, I guess everyone is right this season.

Those that say the Texans are legit... number two ain't bad.

Those saying the Texans are crap.... crap is THE real number two.

This truly is the season of giving and coming together no matter our opinions.....

*sniff*..... I love you guys...

God bless us everyone.

Not many on this board can out-sarcasm me, but you are definitely one of them. :lol:

Though that also tells you our division isn't the weakest one any more. Not saying it's great but it's not the worst either. Maybe now people will stop saying winning the AFC south means nothing and realize the Pats have had just as weak, if not more so, division that they feasted on.
AFC South is the only division with three teams over 500. For some reason, some fans need to find a reason to discredit the team’s success.

59146547.jpg

KC plays Seattle next week; Chargers play the Ravens.

Being the Greedy Guy I am, I am thinking about the #1 Seed now. Does the Best Division Record in the TieBreaks still apply if teams are from different divisions or is that skipped and it goes to Best Common Games Record?

It will be short lived as I believe the eagles will push our **** in next week with their backs against the wall. Especially with Obrien refusing to realize we have tight ends or the ability to beat blitzes with quick curls and spot routes.

I am very thankful that "I Believe" is not one of the Tie Breakers. :)

i did not see any scenario in playoff machine where we were the #1 seed if chargers OR chiefs were 12-4, so to get #1 seemed we need to win out and each of them have 5 losses so #2 is best practical goal. Eagles played like life depended on it, we have our hands full. Jags offense is horrif

i did not see any scenario in playoff machine where we were the #1 seed if chargers OR chiefs were 12-4, so to get #1 seemed we need to win out and each of them have 5 losses so #2 is best practical goal. Eagles played like life depended on it, we have our hands full. Jags offense is horrif

No Chargers AND Chiefs would have to lose out while the Texans win out

The Eagles aren't just playing for respect any longer this season.....they're fighting for a possible playoff spot. I would expect them to play with a SB mentality the rest of the way. Like a lot of folks have stated on this forum, anything can happen in the playoffs. I can imagine, if the Eagles play in.....there's not going to be to many teams looking forward to facing them in the playoffs.

No Chargers AND Chiefs would have to lose out while the Texans win out

There is a scenario where if the Chiefs lost their last two games (very unlikely), the Texans win out and the Chargers split their two games, the Texans would get the No. 1 seed over the Chargers based on best winning percentage in common games.

No Sir. Just the Chiefs would have to lose both. I have the Ravens and Dolphins winning in week 17. This puts the Chargers/Texans at 12-4 and the Texans end up as the #1 seed.

You are correct sir. Chargers would have to split as @tedr posted

I am preparing for the worst but hoping for the best. Being a fan of the Oilers and Texans, this type of mindset is necessary to a healthy mental state.

I see us losing to the Eagles and beating the Jags.
The Patriot's last 2 games are gift wrapped with the Bills and Jets.
We go 11-5, the Pats go 11-5 and the Pats get the #2 seed.
We are #3 playing against either the Titans, Colts or Ravens. If we win that game, we are doomed in the 2nd round at New England. Wash, rinse and repeat.

After that, I will be pulling for the Chiefs or Chargers. If the Patriots make it to the Super Bowl again, I won't watch. I'm bored of watching New England in it.

I am preparing for the worst but hoping for the best. Being a fan of the Oilers and Texans, this type of mindset is necessary to a healthy mental state.

We are #3 playing against either the Titans, Colts or Ravens. If we win that game, we are doomed in the 2nd round at New England. Wash, rinse and repeat.

After that, I will be pulling for the Chiefs or Chargers. If the Patriots make it to the Super Bowl again, I won't watch. I'm bored of watching New England in it.

Overall I agree with you though a couple of things do make me pause. First they lost to Miami a team they really should have rolled over and next they didn't really look like the Patriots everyone knows and hates in that game against Pitts. Even Brady wasn't throwing the bullets he normally does and seemed to be off a step. In the end though I doubt it will help much because it is the Pats, they are playing struggling teams and they are at home and the Pats are always deadly at home.

Still though I can't shake that loss to the fins or how the Steelers seemed to have their number. From the second quarter on that game felt like it was the Steelers to lose and the Pats were playing catch up. Also when was the last time you can remember the Pats putting up back to back loses this close to the post season?

No king rules forever and I believe we are beginning to see the end of the Pats being sure things for the playoffs.

Overall I agree with you though a couple of things do make me pause. First they lost to Miami a team they really should have rolled over and next they didn't really look like the Patriots everyone knows and hates in that game against Pitts. Even Brady wasn't throwing the bullets he normally does and seemed to be off a step. In the end though I doubt it will help much because it is the Pats, they are playing struggling teams and they are at home and the Pats are always deadly at home.

Still though I can't shake that loss to the fins or how the Steelers seemed to have their number. From the second quarter on that game felt like it was the Steelers to lose and the Pats were playing catch up. Also when was the last time you can remember the Pats putting up back to back loses this close to the post season?

No king rules forever and I believe we are beginning to see the end of the Pats being sure things for the playoffs.

I like it..........I like it.........No king rules forever and I believe we are beginning to see the end of the Pats being sure things for the playoffs.

This is how I see it also. ^^^
BUT.......
Winners in Week 16 -
Titans over Redskins
Chargers over Ravens
Colts over Gmen
Eagles over Texans
Seahawks over Chiefs
Saints over Steelers
Pats over Bills

Winners in Week 17
Ravens over Browns
Titans over Colts or Colts over Titans
Texans over Jags
Chiefs over Raiders
Chargers over Broncos
Steelers over Bengals
Pats over Jets

If it plays out this way, 1) Chargers 2) Patriots

Texans (3) vs Titans/Colts (6)
Steelers (4) vs Chiefs (5)

BUT, if the Ravens beat the Chargers in Week 16 and the Steelers lose to the Saints...the Steelers are in trouble. It'd need the Browns to beat the Ravens or the Steelers don't make the playoffs.

The Eagles aren't just playing for respect any longer this season.....they're fighting for a possible playoff spot. I would expect them to play with a SB mentality the rest of the way. Like a lot of folks have stated on this forum, anything can happen in the playoffs. I can imagine, if the Eagles play in.....there's not going to be to many teams looking forward to facing them in the playoffs.
If memory serves, the Filthy Delta Buzzards had a bad record going into the playoffs before winning it all.

If memory serves, the Filthy Delta Buzzards had a bad record going into the playoffs before winning it all.

Your memory sucks worse than mine and I'm an old drumk curmudgeon

Eagles were 13-3 and the #1 seed

The way the eagles played on Sunday, I’m expecting O’Brien to call plays with his tail tucked between his legs. The pass rush will have Watson running for his life after every snap and Foles will violate our slow ass cornerbacks.

Still rooting for the toros but we ain’t beating the good teams as long as butt chin is the head coach/offensive coordinator.

Eagles 31 (8-7)
Texans 17 (10-5)

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the Patriots losing in Miami this year.
The Pats have a losing record of 7-10 @ Miami under Brady.

Why would he be referring to Atlanta?[/QUOTE
I saw the Delta part and read that as a different species of buzzard and referencing Atlanta. Delta made me think South. That was my leap of logic that got me to Atlanta. May not be good logic, but that is how I got there.

Reactions: JB

If we're out, I'm instantly becoming a Chargers fan for the playoffs.. I would like to see Phillip Rivers finally get a ring. I think he was the best QB out of his class and he doesn't have a ring to show for it.

Plus I want Patrick Mahomes out of the playoffs asap.. Deshaun Watson, Mahomes, and Trubisky will always be compared to eachother and I'd like to see Watson bring home the hardware first.. especially since he was passed on.

Back