Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who would you keep in this auction league?

gtexan02

Working?
I can keep 2 guys. I have to pay the value that I bought them for originally (or if traded, the value that that guy paid). Free agent pickups cost $0

Here are my choices:
Matt Ryan - $15 (projected at $13)
Eli Manning - $11 ($33)

Ahmad Bradshaw - $23 ($23)
LeGarrette Blount - $24 ($1)
Peyton Hillis - $28 ($9)
Toby Gehrhart - $0 ($8)

Sidney Rice - $5 ($5)
Roddy White - $45 ($51)
Desean Jackson - $17 ($14)
Greg Jennings - $45 ($50)

Jermichael Finley - $16 ($9)

Total of $200. 12 team league. PPR. Return yards also count..

Im inclined to keep Manning (he's projected $33 so $11 is pretty good)

I don't do auction leagues, but Eli seems to be the only bargain. I'm guessing you didn't win this league last year, eh?

Matt Ryan is looking good this year. You don't think Roddy White is a good value? Save me $5 and he has the potential to go over that.

What about keeping Toby Gehrhart for free?

Draft is tonight. Have a few hours left to decide.
Because of how well he is playing, I'm thinking of keeping both Matt Ryan and Eli Manning. Give me a nice QB and backup QB at only $25 total. That still gives me $175 to spend on position players.
$15 is a lot to pay for a backup, however. Most backups cost around ~$1-$10. Bad idea?

Draft is tonight. Have a few hours left to decide.
Because of how well he is playing, I'm thinking of keeping both Matt Ryan and Eli Manning. Give me a nice QB and backup QB at only $25 total. That still gives me $175 to spend on position players.
$15 is a lot to pay for a backup, however. Most backups cost around ~$1-$10. Bad idea?

I bet Matt Schaub is going to go for less than $10 if it isn't an all Texans fan league. Matt Ryan is an average QB, and $15 seems like a lot for him in particular. Hell I picked Schaub up for a ****ing dollar in my auction league.

Keep Eli, let go of the rest and try to pick up some decent RB's. Toby Gerhardt is a waiver wire guy at best and anybody who pays more than a couple bucks for him are fooling themselves.

Last edited:
Definitely keep Eli, and leave the rest.

Focus on WRs & RBs. Snatch a top 2 TE early or wait til late. Leave Ryan. No need to have that value sitting on your bench. Good luck.

Ok, so Eli it is.
I feel like I should keep a second pick because I can do it for free or $1. Here are my choices:

I can keep Gerhart for free (could be good if Peterson doesnt start)
I can keep the Seahawks Defense/ST for free (was pretty good last year)
I can keep Gostkowski for $1 (kickers for $1 is normal, Gostkowski is usually decent)

Which would you choose?

Ok, so Eli it is.
I feel like I should keep a second pick because I can do it for free or $1. Here are my choices:

I can keep Gostkowski for $1 (kickers for $1 is normal, Gostkowski is usually decent)

Which would you choose?

I probably wouldn't keep a D/ST unit unless I knew they were going to dominate and get me a lot of points on turnovers and kick returns. If I really felt I had to, out of those 3 I'd probably keep Gostkowski.

Ok, so Eli it is.

Which would you choose?

I like Gerhart the most out of the three. DSTs are wishy washy, and I usually pick them late and pick a different one every week based on matchups. Kickers usually aren't worth keeping.

I like Gerhart the most out of the three. DSTs are wishy washy, and I usually pick them late and pick a different one every week based on matchups. Kickers usually aren't worth keeping.

In the league, I have to draft a DST and a kicker. The lowest I can pay is $1. Thats why I was asking about those. I won't pay more than $1 for a DST or a kicker, but was basically wondering if keeping Gerhart for $0 or Seahawks for $0 would free me up a little to spend that $1 saved on someone else.

Gostkowski is projected by my leagues scoring system to be the #1 kicker with 143 fantasy points.
The #12 kicker is projected to score 128 fantasy points.

I like the idea of getting the #2 ranked kicker (my rankings) without having to worry about it. Depends on how your league's draft tendencies and scoring system and trade tendencies.

ADP:

Gerhart: 123
Gostkowski: 139
Seattle: 162
http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/adp.cfm?pos=RB

Gerhart is the only one that has a good chance of making a huge impact on your team. He could be a great flex option if AP doesn't play the first few games, so I would go with his upside.

To me, you can pick up guys like Gerhardt in the draft in the really late rounds and get them for super cheap, and I really don't think much of a guy like Gerhardt in terms of fantasy points.

Really and truly, out of those 3 guys, I would probably keep none of them and try my luck again in the draft. Gerhardt is the only guy who represents even some kind of "deal" and there's probably guys who you can get for a dollar or two that will produce just as much in the draft.

ADP:

Gerhart: 123
Gostkowski: 139
Seattle: 162
http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/adp.cfm?pos=RB

Gerhart is the only one that has a good chance of making a huge impact on your team. He could be a great flex option if AP doesn't play the first few games, so I would go with his upside.

Thanks for the help everyone. I think I'm going to go with Gerhart as he will give me the opportunity to pick Adrian Peterson if he sells for cheap.

The added benefit is that if Peterson gets hurt again and doesn't stick around with the Vikings long term, Gerhart may be valuable in 2-3 years. And if I can keep him on my team for $0, it may be worth it for me to do so

Back