Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who will start at RB for week 4?

Blake

MMQB
I would like to know if anyone knows how Hollings, and Davis are coming along. Will they be able to play on Sunday? Start on Sunday? Or will a healthy Wells get the nod.

All input is appreciated.

Hollings said hes back to 100 percent so Id say him but Wells had a good showing last week so I dont have a definative answer on who will start but both should she playing time.

Texans | Wells Likely to Split Time - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:30:57 -0700

The Houston Chronicle reports Houston Texans RB Jonathan Wells will likely split time with RB Tony Hollings (knee) for the Sunday, Oct. 3, game against the Oakland Raiders.

I know I have made PS2 references before, but I have the biggest feeling Hollings gets the start and make the best of it! The worst thing for DD this season, was coughing up the ball. If Hollings proves he can run well, and hang on to the ball, DD will see his time split faster than an atom in a nuclear war! Hollings played for my PS2 team when DD got hurt( ankle injury ).....guess what, finished with 900+ yards in 8 games and 10 TD's! Regardless, I would love to have a two headed monster back there! :headbang:

Hollings is what we need against the Raiders. They have size so we won't be able to run up the middle.

According to Dom's web site (DDtalk.com), he will play. This week he put out a contest on how many rushing yards he will have this week against Oakland. The winner gets a free shirt and an autographed 8X10. So I am guessing he feels like he is going to be playing.......so be ready for some turnovers.

If Hollings can get to the outside and turn on the jets, it could be a long day for the Raiders D line. We will have to be able to run if we want to have a chance to win this one. Quite frankly, the Raiders DB's make me a little nervous.

i think the coaching staff should just go through the depth chart in regards to who is healthy enough to play. if DD is 85-90% he starts and shares time with hollings. if DD is out, then it's hollings and wells. not to take anything away from wells performance last week (that two point was crucial, if only for texan confidence), but he is the 3rd string back for a reason. it takes alot more IMO than one ok game to change the coachs minds on the roster they've had all off-season/pre-season to decide on.

Anyone thinking maybe we should look for a 4th RB to carry on our roster? idonno: It's being rumored that Anthony Thomas is expected to be traded now that Rex Grossman is out for the season. Larry Johnson from the Chiefs might also be traded. I'm not saying go out and get one of these guys, but I am starting to think we might need a 4th RB on our roster.

texan279 said:
Anyone thinking maybe we should look for a 4th RB to carry on our roster? idonno: It's being rumored that Anthony Thomas is expected to be traded now that Rex Grossman is out for the season. Larry Johnson from the Chiefs might also be traded. I'm not saying go out and get one of these guys, but I am starting to think we might need a 4th RB on our roster.

We also have Renaldo Works (RB) on our practice squad. He was pretty good at OU.

I'd guess that Hollings gets 60% of the carries, with Wells gettng the remainder of the load. I'm a big DD fan, but I'd like to see Hollings get to run some "speed" plays designed for him alone. :thumbup

If Hollings plays on Sunday, and we can run some plays to the outside we should be alright. The Raiders secondary makes me nervous.

Doom Capers said:
According to Dom's web site (DDtalk.com), he will play. This week he put out a contest on how many rushing yards he will have this week against Oakland. The winner gets a free shirt and an autographed 8X10. So I am guessing he feels like he is going to be playing.......so be ready for some turnovers.

Just ran the url, and got nothing. Was this sarcasm?? http://ddtalk.com gets me nothing.

Back