• Deshaun Watson

Votes: 32 88.9%
  • Maserati Mitch

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

MeatBear77

Rookie
Yo I think this comes down 2 the OL lineman play more then anything imo

watson can scramble but unlike trubitsky he aint as tough n cant take the hits that the TRU 1 can

if the OL can keep Watsin clean n off his backside than I think he has the better numbers this year but TRU is also in his 2nd year in this new offense so WHO KNOWS?

I say Trubitsky but as u all know Imma bears fan 4 lyfe so maybe I am a bias

MeatBear77

Rookie
I agree with this post.

Did you happen to read the article in the OP?
I disagree with it but like the fact he aint a h8er. I just think Trubitsky BUSTS OUT with a amazing yr this season n Watson concentrates on staying healthy instead of just str8 ballin out

NOSMIRG

Waterboy
I think the bears will be better but Watson if healthy will be the better QB
The Bears recently moved Cody Whitehair back to guard and are slotting James Daniels at Center. Bears O Line drastically improves with that simple move.

Did the Texans address their O Line weakness at all in the offseason? If not I fear for Watson's life.

Mitch should have plenty of pocket time this season to put up numbers... will Watson have the same opportunity?

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
I love Nagy as a coach. He's such an invaluable asset to a young QB with his modern thinking and inventive offensive schemes. Trubisky as a player is as solid as they come. That playoff game made me tip my hat. Kid is tough. That tandem should be successful for the next decade or so. Need to fill out the skill positions around Trubisky.

To answer the question posed though, if we are going with a perfect world with no peripheral injuries then I believe Deshaun Watson would have a better year because of his surrounding cast. Houston may have the best group of WRs in the entire NFL. Chicago in a head scratcher gave up on Jordan Howard for David Montgomery and TArik Cohen? Not sure those guys cant pound it all year, but we'll see. I still like the balance that running Lamar Miller into a wall 20 times a game brings. So far in camp the TEs have looked great in the pass game, if OBrien could find a way to actually integrate tha part of the game (TEs have been virtually nonexistent in the passing game for 2 years in a row now) then it would really be a lethal offensive unit. OL play is crazy suspect, but what we have in Deshaun is that escapability aspect that Trubisky; while very mobile in his own right; seems to be a notch below and Deshaun has that 6th sense to feel the pressure.

Hard to ask fanbases of these teams to pick which guy since there will always be a level of bias and favoritism. May be cool to ask a neutral fanbase how they see the comparison.

NOSMIRG

Waterboy
I love Nagy as a coach. He's such an invaluable asset to a young QB with his modern thinking and inventive offensive schemes. Trubisky as a player is as solid as they come. That playoff game made me tip my hat. Kid is tough. That tandem should be successful for the next decade or so. Need to fill out the skill positions around Trubisky.

To answer the question posed though, if we are going with a perfect world with no peripheral injuries then I believe Deshaun Watson would have a better year because of his surrounding cast. Houston may have the best group of WRs in the entire NFL. Chicago in a head scratcher gave up on Jordan Howard for David Montgomery and TArik Cohen? Not sure those guys cant pound it all year, but we'll see. I still like the balance that running Lamar Miller into a wall 20 times a game brings. So far in camp the TEs have looked great in the pass game, if OBrien could find a way to actually integrate tha part of the game (TEs have been virtually nonexistent in the passing game for 2 years in a row now) then it would really be a lethal offensive unit. OL play is crazy suspect, but what we have in Deshaun is that escapability aspect that Trubisky; while very mobile in his own right; seems to have the edge and use as 6th sense.

Hard to ask fanbases of these teams to pick which guy since there will always be a level of bias and favoritism. May be cool to ask a neutral fanbase how they see the comparison.
Thank you for the thoughtful response. I am a member of a Chicago Bears forum that likes to CHIT all over Mitch and actually most of them prefer Watson. Kind of a weird dynamic talking with Chicago meatballs.

I only posted it here because I have been an upstanding member of Texans talk for nearly three full years since my Cousin and I came down to Houston for the season opener. It seems like football fans in Houston are way more level headed than the superfans (like the SNL skit) in Chicago.

Interesting to hear Texans fan's perspective.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
From what I have seen and read on trubisky I haven't been that impressed. He has a good arm but my impression is he'll be more of a game manager type. He was super accurate in his short college career but hasn't been that in the NFL yet. But it's early, as with Goff it can take time

I wish we had Nagy as our coach. Should have fired O'Brien and hired him to develop Watson

Uncle Rico

Thank you for the thoughtful response. I am a member of a Chicago Bears forum that likes to CHIT all over Mitch and actually most of them prefer Watson. Kind of a weird dynamic talking with Chicago meatballs.

I only posted it here because I have been an upstanding member of Texans talk for nearly three full years since my Cousin and I came down to Houston for the season opener. It seems like football fans in Houston are way more level headed than the superfans (like the SNL skit) in Chicago.

Interesting to hear Texans fan's perspective.
Thats cool man .. nice to hear you have had a good experience with Houston fans. The thing about fanatics is that they tend to be very erratic LOL. You guys definitely have a franchise QB and you should be thrilled. I wish we had Nagy as coach, Houston fans face a different set of obstacles. Our front office is the stuff of nightmares, and I dont seem to value Bill OBrien as much as some of our other fans/contributors. Cant argue with results though. All that aside the players have to go out and get it done. Both teams have a Murderers Row in terms of schedule so it will be interesting to see if they can take the next step in taking out what is considered "elite" competition.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
The Bears recently moved Cody Whitehair back to guard and are slotting James Daniels at Center. Bears O Line drastically improves with that simple move.

Did the Texans address their O Line weakness at all in the offseason? If not I fear for Watson's life.

Mitch should have plenty of pocket time this season to put up numbers... will Watson have the same opportunity?
No the Texans did not address the ol and in fact I think that made it worse.Watson will not have time to throw but that hasn't stopped him so far. It's kind of incredible what he's done with such terrible support.

Here's an article on trubisky by PFF. They are not as high on him, giving more credit to Nagy and the supporting cast.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-what-the-advanced-analytics-say-about-mitchell-trubiksy

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
No the Texans did not address the ol and in fact I think that made it worse.Watson will not have time to throw but that hasn't stopped him so far. It's kind of incredible what he's done with such terrible support.

Here's an article on trubisky by PFF. They are not as high on him, giving more credit to Nagy and the supporting cast.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-what-the-advanced-analytics-say-about-mitchell-trubiksy
Oh, so the Texans didn't just draft two lineman fairly high in this past draft?

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
They are unlikely to be good this year. Rookies take time

Also they might bust. They drafted Rankin last year, plus signed Fulton and kelemente and Henderson. Before that they drafted xsf and Martin plus signed Jeff Allen.

Still sucked.

To me, addressing it means fixing it. Not doing stuff that doesn't fix it. The fact that they plan on starting two busted veterans and two rookies signals to me that it will be bad.

MeatBear77

Rookie

That's wut I thot 2 they literally drafted TWO of them this year but verdict is officially OUT until those boys line up on a NFL field

RIP Watson if they cant block well becuase Watson can only take so many bone crunching hits n would absolutly H8 2 see that level of talent have a career-ender early in his career imho

Uncle Rico

Also they might bust. They drafted Rankin last year, plus signed Fulton and kelemente and Henderson. Before that they drafted xsf and Martin plus signed Jeff Allen.

Still sucked.

To me, addressing it means fixing it. Not doing stuff that doesn't fix it. The fact that they plan on starting two busted veterans and two rookies signals to me that it will be bad.
you're gonna piss off the "at least they are trying" crowd.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame

Still sucked.

You can't fix it if you don't keep trying.. point is when you said that they didn't do anything to address the offensive line that statement was false.

Just look how many Quarterbacks we went through before we finally hit on Watson.

MeatBear77

Rookie
You can't fix it if you don't keep trying.. point is when you said that they didn't do anything to address the offensive line that statement was false.

Just look how many Quarterbacks we went through before we finally hit on Watson.
I just hope he don't get kilt out there. I am a huge fan of the 2017 class n wish we woulda got Watson or Maholmes over Maserati MItch but I think all 3 r gonna be good af n be the next decade dominators in the NFL @ the QB position is long is they stay healthy

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

I've seen enough of O'Brien trying. He doesn't know how and I don't think he's learning

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
okay okay i'll settle dis big ol italian BEEF u guys have @Carr Bombed vs. @TheKDog

Which would u rather of had if u could do a do-over?

Watson with ur chit af line or Maserati w/ his okay OL?
Watson, seeing how with even a chit af line and a depleted WR core he still passed for for over 4,000 yards at a +68% rate and 26 TDs to just 9 INTs. If the line play just shows marginal improvement Watson numbers should only go up.

NOSMIRG

Waterboy
Watson, seeing how with even a chit af line and a depleted WR core he still passed for for over 4,000 yards at a +68% rate and 26 TDs to just 9 INTs. If the line play just shows marginal improvement Watson numbers should only go up.
I have been following Bears camp very closely and Mitch may have a secret wea️Bon this season. Adam Shaheen is a complete DUD at TE and this kid Ian Bunting is really impressing people in Bourbonnais. He is 6'7" with 34.5" arms... even Mitch can't overthrow this guy. Can also help beefblock on short pass plays to other receivers.

If Bunting makes the team... watch out world!

MeatBear77

Rookie
I have been following Bears camp very closely and Mitch may have a secret wea️Bon this season. Adam Shaheen is a complete DUD at TE and this kid Ian Bunting is really impressing people in Bourbonnais. He is 6'7" with 34.5" arms... even Mitch can't overthrow this guy. Can also help beefblock on short pass plays to other receivers.

If Bunting makes the team... watch out world!

dood is also a pretty good rapper checc these here BARZ

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I think it depends on what you mean by better season. Watson may have better stats, Trubisky most likely win more. If rather the win more.
I think that's why he's in the mvp discussion. He's not nearly the best QB but the bears are favored to win their division and he'll get credit

NOSMIRG

Waterboy
Word from TC is that Mitch and Allen Robinson are having crazy chemistry. Could be the next Watson/Hopkins tandem.

It came out recently that AROB was playing last year with a broken rib. Provided that is healed, it could get ugly in the NFC.

MeatBear77

Rookie
The best part of this thread is watching one guy with two profiles and personalities posting as two different people.
pls B gon THOT we have been over this 4 yrs over the yrs. The mods have confirmd over n over n over again that me n cuz are NOT fake accts they literally have internet address they can look up n verify don't be a dumby

thx (no H8)

NOSMIRG

Waterboy
Bears are more complete team.

Bears will probably smash the packers. Texans vs packers = sure loss.

Just the way things are.
I agree... but, Watson is the more complete QB of the two. Thread is about which QB will have a better season.

Pharaohcious

Waterboy
Are you kidding me?

Trubisky has a running game, O line, Better secondary... NO holdouts from their DE's

Watson is the better QB but success favors the prepared

Not to mention... Trubisky is without injury.

Mangler

Toro de España
The eye test says Watson is the better QB. But, Trubisky has the better coaching staff, O-line, and running game. Crazy how Watson has still flourished behind such atrocious protection. That alone should be a testament to him!

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I thought Trubisky has played well. I don't know about "better" or "worse" but he looks like the real deal. His numbers aren't as gaudy as Watson's, but I wouldn't be complaining if he were our QB.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Watson vs. Trubisky is an apples to oranges comparison. Trubisky's role in the Bears offense is to manage the game and not turn the ball over. He's OK doing that. Watson has to make plays for the Texans to win. Could Watson have success in the Bears offense? Probably. Could Trubisky make plays in the Texans offense? Unknown, but there's no evidence to show he could.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
I thought Trubisky has played well. I don't know about "better" or "worse" but he looks like the real deal. His numbers aren't as gaudy as Watson's, but I wouldn't be complaining if he were our QB.
If I was going to guess, I'd say OB would rather have Trubisky on that draft day.

I definitely don't think Trubisky ís just the game manager type.
His style of play has a higher percentage of keeping a QB upright for his career.
That can definitely play a role in how a QB can be successful.
Watson is obviously more exciting to watch, but he can't keep on going this way if he wants to have a long career.
It stands to reason that Watson is similar to McNabb.
The biggest question is his availability for the playoffs.