Thanks for your support!

Who will have a better season? Watson vs. Trubisky Thread

Who will have the better season?

• Deshaun Watson

Votes: 32 88.9%
  • Maserati Mitch

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
If that opening Thursday night fiasco is any indication, Watson already has the leg up without even having to play. We'll see him Monday night. I'm sure he'll put on a much better show then Trubisky did. It's Watson hands down.

The Bears had a chance to draft Mahomes or Watson. Instead the went for Bortles 2.0

Trubisky is an example of what happens when you go solely based on the "draft experts". Overall Watson and even Mahomes had had better careers but Trubisky had some 11th hour amazing games and that shot his draft value way up with everyone calling him the best of the three. Only a few pointed out that his numbers looked so much better because there was such a small sample size compared to Watson and Mahomes.

I'll own up to it, I went based on just the talking heads too that said Watson was in third place of the three and Trubisky was the best. It was actually watching how that played out that caused me to try and increase my football knowledge and to take anything any of them say with a grain of salt.

Trubisky is an example of what happens when you go solely based on the "draft experts". Overall Watson and even Mahomes had had better careers but Trubisky had some 11th hour amazing games and that shot his draft value way up with everyone calling him the best of the three. Only a few pointed out that his numbers looked so much better because there was such a small sample size compared to Watson and Mahomes.

I'll own up to it, I went based on just the talking heads too that said Watson was in third place of the three and Trubisky was the best. It was actually watching how that played out that caused me to try and increase my football knowledge and to take anything any of them say with a grain of salt.

Mahomes was my guy

Im not ready to bury Trubisky yet. While last night was a stinker, Its going to be for most teams since they dont really use the preseason to prepare anymore. There will be tons of rust, hell even Rodgers looked like **** for a few series, had me thinking that Father Time caught up to him, but he shook off the rust and did what he needed to against what will possibly be one of the top defenses in the NFL.

Trubisky sold me in his playoff game last year, if a young kid can keep it together like that during high stakes Im riding with him, last night was just a poorly prepared for contest by Nagy, starting off with the cute wildcat alignment and just not having a good rhythm with anything they tried to do. Watching Cohen and Im not sure getting rid of Howard was a good move, but again its really, really early. Trubisky could use another quality receiver also.

Trubisky certainly wasn't very impressive last night. He'd better pick it up if the Bears are to be serious contenders in the NFC.

Trubisky looked really really bad. Some of those long throws were just toss ups with no awareness of the defenders. He's primarily a checkdown QB, looks unable to really push the ball downfield and control the game. Not a good showing at all.

After last night, I could see both teams being rusty so the Saints offense sputters and DW4 add libs enough to win. Trabisky, do the Bears see the next Cutler?? Seems a better leader with less talent, but he has Mariota written all over him

HAHAHA he only scored 3pts. trubisky is a trash/bust. HAHAHAHAHA

Not ready to call him a bust just yet, he did have flashes last year, but I can see him as the Dak Prescott type. To good to just replace but not good enough to get you to the next level.

From what I have seen and read on trubisky I haven't been that impressed. He has a good arm but my impression is he'll be more of a game manager type. He was super accurate in his short college career but hasn't been that in the NFL yet. But it's early, as with Goff it can take time

I wish we had Nagy as our coach. Should have fired O'Brien and hired him to develop Watson

Goff really didn't take much time though. By his 2nd season he was playing at a high level. Last season in year 3 he was an MVP candidate. Goff has been one of the better #1 draft pick QB's over the last 10 years and no one really talks about it.

Trubisky is not impressive to me either for the most part. I like him, and he has some nice tools, but his accuracy lacks at times and I'm just not seeing a real high ceiling with him.

The Bears only have one solid receiver and no TE to speak of.
The other receivers are smallish type.
Trubisky hasn't played all that much football.
This team is currently built to win with defense and ball control.
Their OC doesn't have much experience at the NFL level either.

Last year, they were 24th in passing attempts and 6th in rushing attempts.
Lots of passes went to the RBs, too.

I don't think the Bears are ready to open up their offense.

Back