Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who will be attending Roughnecks / XFL games?

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
The Vipers home opener is vs the Roughnecks on Feb 22. Still on the fence on this however I might just buy a cheap seat and head over to Ray Jay for this. It's 2PM EST on a Saturday.

I still have no idea whom I would root for or if I would even care. :)

I'm a season ticket holder, coming from SA
Hey there neighbor. Yes I'm from San Antonio too. Yes the Commanders was great but the failure before the season was over was a bummer. I had read that fans were asking for refunds for the bought jerseys. I do believe that his league will be successful. I'm exicted. I lived in Houston 67-72. Class of 69 Lamar, astrodome, oilers, astros. Been in SA since 74. I might go to a live game.

I've got some buddies tailgating and going to the game. I'm planning on attending the Sabercats season opener earlier that morning (11 am). May swing by there afterwards.

I'm really thinking about hitting the game this Saturday.

Same, would love to go to a game but not paying the inflated Texans tickets until I think it’s worth the money. Plus there is something cool about seeing a league when it’s just starting.

At first you think the Roughnecks are an alternative to the Texans to root for. But then you realize that their HC is June Jones, and you sigh and shake your head.
June Jones was OC of the old Houston Oilers and was responsible for calling the offensive plays. Once in overtime under the old rules (first score wins game), the Oilers were set up on the opponents' 35. With a steady stiff wind at their backs, they're in FG range right now. All they have to do is plow straight ahead, get as much closer as possible, kick it, and go home. But a funny thing happened on the way to the bank. Enter the outrageous stupid call.
Against a defense that was bound to be penetrating desperately to produce a loss, the Oilers hand the ball off 9 yards deep in the backfield on a play designed to start out going East-West. After the 9-yard loss they're probably out of FG range and must try to get it back. So a pass, which was intercepted, and the Oilers eventually lost the game.
So you can see why I won't waste my emotions on a team coached by June Jones.

At first you think the Roughnecks are an alternative to the Texans to root for. But then you realize that their HC is June Jones, and you sigh and shake your head.
June Jones was OC of the old Houston Oilers and was responsible for calling the offensive plays. Once in overtime under the old rules (first score wins game), the Oilers were set up on the opponents' 35. With a steady stiff wind at their backs, they're in FG range right now. All they have to do is plow straight ahead, get as much closer as possible, kick it, and go home. But a funny thing happened on the way to the bank. Enter the outrageous stupid call.
Against a defense that was bound to be penetrating desperately to produce a loss, the Oilers hand the ball off 9 yards deep in the backfield on a play designed to start out going East-West. After the 9-yard loss they're probably out of FG range and must try to get it back. So a pass, which was intercepted, and the Oilers eventually lost the game.
So you can see why I won't waste my emotions on a team coached by June Jones.

Mind you it's just been one game, but the Roughnecks lead the league in TDs and TOP. (for now)

Back