Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who is the Best texan????

Spider_20

Practice Squad
i think the best texans player has to be Jamie sharper he had the most tackles in the league this year and he had 4 sacks to go with it he would have made the pro bowl if the texans would have had more wins and in are first year he was in the top 10 in tackles 5 1/2 sacks and he's never missed a game

I have no doubt in my mind that Andre Johnson is the best player. He can very easily make the pro bowl every year starting this season. I really mean it. He could have done it last year if he hadnt dropped some passes last season. I'm not saying that there's no competition for him in the AFC but he simply is better than every1 else other than Marvin Harrison. But eventually he will beat him out too maybe next season.

Spider_20 said:
i think the best texans player has to be Jamie sharper he had the most tackles in the league this year and he had 4 sacks to go with it he would have made the pro bowl if the texans would have had more wins and in are first year he was in the top 10 in tackles 5 1/2 sacks and he's never missed a game

It's about time someone else said it! Jamie Sharper is the heart of our defense, and doesn't get ANYWHERE NEAR the credit he deserves!!!

texan_fan said:
It's about time someone else said it! Jamie Sharper is the heart of our defense, and doesn't get ANYWHERE NEAR the credit he deserves!!!

I have always admired the job that Sharper has done. I am pretty sure that the other coaches around the league know when he is in the game as well. Its the fan voting that hurts Sharper. :twocents:

If were going with current ability and results then Sharper. He's probably our most solid players. But as far as who will be since we don't have a long history the I gotta go with Andre. He has a ton of potential.

I also say Sharper, but I also think Glenn is another solid player in the defense. He may not lead in tackles or sacks. However, he's the leader and probowl veteran of the secondary. It's hard to agrue for or against either one.

Sharper. He's the most consistent player on our team and even though he's not outstanding in his position, he's pretty darn good and without him we'd be in trouble. Carr is the second best player on our team.

I would have to go with a 3 way tie all on defense, Sharper and a healthy Glenn or G-Funk could make the pro-bowl consitently and they are also great team leaders.

If we had to say who will be the best player in the future, though Johnson is more productive now I would still have to say Carr will be the best of the big three, followed respectively by AJ, the Double D.

Carr may not even be in my top 10, and definitely not in my top 5. Maybe he will step up this year, but I am basing that on past performance.

On offense, I see DD and Andre as candidates, and on defense, I see Glenn, Sharper, and when healthy, Walker and Payne as canditates. At this point, coming into the season, I would say Sharper number 1, followed closely by Andre Johnson, and then Glenn. At the end of the year, I think AJ will be #1.

On second thought, I think Chad Stanley the punter deserves to be mentioned among the best Texans. He's the best punter in the league in my opinion and if the defense were any good last year his work would've been more highlighted.

Porky said:
Carr may not even be in my top 10, and definitely not in my top 5. Maybe he will step up this year, but I am basing that on past performance.

On offense, I see DD and Andre as candidates, and on defense, I see Glenn, Sharper, and when healthy, Walker and Payne as canditates. At this point, coming into the season, I would say Sharper number 1, followed closely by Andre Johnson, and then Glenn. At the end of the year, I think AJ will be #1.

I see your point, but you cant always base your assesments on stats, in year on Carr played football from his back and in year two he had some nagging injuries, but you cant denie the fact that he shows flashes of briliance and has the arm and acurracy to be an NFL elite.

And if we go by stats then I would have to say:

Sharper(NFL Top Tackler)
DD(1031 Rushing Yards)
AJ(976 Receiving Yards)

I'd say Carr is the most valuable player on the team but not quite the best...mainly because he is the quarterback but also because the Texans future has been placed on his shoulders.

BradK10 said:
Shartper must be new....never heard of him!

I'm gonna say when healthy, Aaron Glenn.

NEW? :crazy: He was one of the first players we got. Middle Line Backer. From Baltimore. Number 55. Pay attention! ;-)

Hey go back and read his post.

He lists Sharper and Sharpter. (In an attempt to list him twice to show his importance).

I'm freakin' insulted you'd think I wouldn't know him. :slap:

i gotta go with sharper too ... with healthy glenn & payne right behind him.

aj i think has the most potential.

1. The Best Texan would be Jamie Sharper based on how solid the guy plays. He can be counted on, and that being the case, fans, and most everyone will just take him for granted - and so he passes under the radar.
2. Next, I would say Aaron Glenn for the leadership, experience, and skill he brings to the secondary. He would be my first pick if he had been healthy last season.
3. Gary Walker. Hopefully he'll be back in rare form this season.
4. Seth Payne! My favorite player (well, along with Carr, DD, Andre..etc)! We missed him so much last season, and it told on the whole defense.
5. Todd Wade or Steve McKinney? Maybe Steve because of his anchoring the line, and holding things together even when surrounded by youngsters..., and Wade, well, he's still young, has great talent, and is a good man. DD referred to him as the "great Giant."
*Also like the fact that Chad Stanley was mentioned, we are fortunate to have a quality punter like him.

Cant argue with Bob Mcnair. He has been the most consistant performer over the past 5 years. When it has come time to put up or shut up time and time again he has put up.

sharpertex_183x250.jpg

The very best, the super talented one! Interviewed recently, Jamie said that he hopes he will be challenged for the LB position.. he wants someone to start stepping up. Is that a great guy or what? :D ..

Back