Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who are your Top targets for day 2?

Let’s break it down! Who’s everyone’s too targets that you’re wanting the Texans to go after?

Mine are as follows:
Skyy Moore WR
Kenneth Walker II RB
Troy Anderson LB
Chad Muma LB
Jalen Pitre DB
Marcus Jones CB
Jamere Salyer OL
Josh Pashcal Edge
Kyler Gordon CB
Jeremy Ruckert TE
Trey McBride TE

Any particular guys you’d want to target?

I like Walker and Hall, but I also wouldn’t be upset if we took Strong in the 4th.

Nah, I don’t pay enough attention to college to really know the guys outside the first round. I do know there are still plenty of good WR and we are picking early enough to grab one so I hope we do that before going RB.

Day two - #37:-
Nik Bonitto Edge
Nakobe Dean LB
Boye Mafe Edge
Bernhard Raimann T
Logan Hall DL
Skyy Moore WR
Jalen Pitre S
Any of these guys would be nice.

I want Nakobe Dean to be the defensive leader if he’s there at 37. This era’s DeMeco Ryans, a player who will be like a coach on the field and will no doubt have a chip on his shoulder for being passed on for other players with better “measurables”.

Otherwise I want to address edge rusher with this pick. Mafe, Ebiketie and Hall are all there for the taking. Sign Rasheem Green in free agency as well and this DL is much improved. But I suspect Green is a backup plan rather than a layer.

I think they are going WR here based on the smoke about them trading up for WR. They see it as a bigger need than myself and they may want to get their slot Skyy Moore. But based on the board i’d prefer them trade back into the 2nd for their guy if they value it that highly. I’d go get Calvin Austin at 68 or trade up a bit into the back half of the 2nd for him.

RB BREECE HALL
RB KENNETH WALKER III

TE TREY MCBRIDE
TE JEREMY RUCKERT

WR CHRISTIAN WATSON
WR ALEX PIERCE
WR GEORGE PICKENS

OT BERNARD RAIMANN
OT DARIAN KINNARD
OT ABRAHAM LUCAS
IOL JAMAREE SALYER
IOL CAM JURGENS

DE DRAKE JACKSON
DE CAMERON THOMAS
EDGE NIC BONITO
DL/EDGE LOGAN HALL

Nakobe Dean LB (Leader at the LB level)
Breece Hall, RB (Best RB)
Christian Watson, WR (I like his measurables but should have dominated more, QB? Coaching? Him?)
Logan Hall, DL (Feels like a Lovie DL guy)
Arnold Ebiketie, Edge (Good pairing for Grenard)
Jeremy Ruckert, TE (Not a TExans draft without a TE)
Jalen Pitre, Safety is a priority and he may be the second best

Darrian Kinnard (KY), Cade Mays (TN), or Andrew Stueber (MI) would fit the bill on the right side. Probably RD3, RD4, and/or RD5 should do the trick.
Of course there are numerous "best remaining" boards, but I'm looking at one where Kinnard is rated the top 2nd day OG, at the bottom of 2nd round/top of 3rd. Those others, rounds 4/5.

I have a group of players, all slotted for the 3rd round, including WR Alec Pierce, LB Troy Anderson, FS Nick Cross, RB James Cook and CB Alontae Taylor. We have two picks in the 3rd. We need to trade down from 37 at least 15 picks to pick up another 3rd. We could then trade up with 107 to get a forth 3rd rounder. The 3rd round seems to be a sweet spot for prospects.

39,999 posts dang that's a long time!
As I believe Nick will trade up to get at least one more round two if not more I don't want to trade down from 37. That's too valuable a pick for me. Not in any order:

Pitre, Brisker, McCreary, Cam Thomas, Breece Hall, Walker, Ebetikie, Christian Watson
Players in 3rd or 4th: Spiller, Emerson, Sam Williams and Brian Robinson.

I would lock in B Rob in 4th and focus on A Pitre/Brisker B McCreary/Emerson and C CamThomas/Ebetike/SWilliams giving four guys who should be impact if not immediate starters.

I have a group of players, all slotted for the 3rd round, including WR Alec Pierce, LB Troy Anderson, FS Nick Cross, RB James Cook and CB Alontae Taylor. We have two picks in the 3rd. We need to trade down from 37 at least 15 picks to pick up another 3rd. We could then trade up with 107 to get a forth 3rd rounder. The 3rd round seems to be a sweet spot for prospects.
No! aaaargh!!!
Trade up and get an offensive weapon and then get another lineman.
; )

No! aaaargh!!!
Trade up and get an offensive weapon and then get another lineman.
; )
Don't understand why you do not consider WR Alec Anderson and RB James Cook "offensive weapons" and why OG Darian Kinnard is not "another lineman". Unless this is just your way of saying you do not like these three prospects.

Don't understand why you do not consider WR Alec Anderson and RB James Cook "offensive weapons" and why OG Darian Kinnard is not "another lineman". Unless this is just your way of saying you do not like these three prospects.
I’m just giving you a hard time, man.
Yes, I would take that in a heartbeat. Great picks.
I do want to snag all 3 positions next.

I’m just giving you a hard time, man.
Yes, I would take that in a heartbeat. Great picks.
I do want to snag all 3 positions next.
Just took another look at potential round 2 selections and see WR Christian Watson at about 20.

Me, personally, I see more value in round 3, but Watson is one I do like. But I like Alec Pierce more and he should be available in round 3. Oh yes, there's Skyy Moore, who should be taken in round 2. But again I'd target Pierce.

At the bottom of 2, after trading down and getting an extra 3 +, I'd target OG Kinnard. It's just that I haven't heard that the Texans interviewed him and haven't any inkling where he stands with the team.

Cam Jurgens and Dylan Parham are the OL I want of the day 2 prospects. Can compete for RG then eventually move over to center. Maybe can be had at 68 but would definitely be trade up into 2nd targets. I suspect Texans will have two second round picks today.
Yeah, I like Pickens at 37 and Parham at 68. There will be quality runners in 4th rd.

Going into day 2, anyone have a strong opinion of what the biggest weak roster spots are? Is this still BPA territory, or is day 2 where you look for sleepers in areas of need?

RB? Are we going there at 37? Or do we have a team ready to spend a 2 or a run rather than look for another low rd back or even an Arian Foster, so we can target our 37 on a more valued position of need? My spider senses say they plan to roll with Mack & Burkhead and possibly take another RB on day 3.

Is the roster set up for success in a 4-3?

What do you believe Lovie would be pushing for?

My football IQ isn’t high enough to know what types of LB’s are needed vs what we have or how many. Is the biggest need at D-Line, LB or 2ndary? I fear the answer might be yes, yes and yes.

Back