• Titans

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Texans win but Vince has a big game

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DenverBorn

Waterboy
I always hated the Titans until they drafted VY. Now I'll be pulling for them this Sunday. I want McNair and Kubiak to see, in person, how badly they screwed up.

Yeah, I wish like hell I was rooting for the Texans this next Sunday, but I'm most certianly not. It really is a crappy situation, a lot of diehard fans were put in an awkward situation when the Texans passed on Vince.

If you are cheering for the Titans and Vince Young then everything I heard about Texas football fans is false. God, country, team. Period.

I want the Texans to break Vince "flavor of the month" Young in half.

some of y'all need to see a shrink .. We didn't get Vince, we didnt' get Roy Williams, we didn't get Michael Huff.. get over it. take some therapy or get madden 2006 and make the trade for VY and ease your pain.

I like Vince and yes I wish he could have come to Houston, but he didn't. I have accepted that fact and the team is going to move forward.

Some of y'all are no better then ESPiN and their Reggie clips being shown over and over except it is Vince posts posted over and over on many different threads and every week.

I'm not sure what kind of fan you are, but most fans root for their team no matter what. If you think your team made a blunder in the draft, you should never root against them anyway. I thought the Texans made a mistake in passing Reggie Bush initially, but if we played the Saints the first game of the season, I wouldn't root for the Saints just to give the Texans a piece of my mind. That's just plain stupid.

some of y'all need to see a shrink .. We didn't get Vince, we didnt' get Roy Williams, we didn't get Michael Huff.. get over it. take some therapy or get madden 2006 and make the trade for VY and ease your pain.

I'm a MUCH bigger Texans fan than Longhorns fan, so that logic doesn't work in my case. I saw greatness in VY and wanted him as our qb, simple as that.

I'm a MUCH bigger Texans fan than Longhorns fan, so that logic doesn't work in my case. I saw greatness in VY and wanted him as our qb, simple as that.

well you can insert anybody that we didn't draft on there. Bottom line is "player x" is not with this team.. blame Kubiak.

well you can insert anybody that we didn't draft on there. Bottom line is "player x" is not with this team.. blame Kubiak.

That's cr*p. It's not like VY came out of nowhere. We should have drafted him - many of us said it before the draft - and I am still extremely annoyed that we didn't. I sold my four Club level PSLs when we didn't draft him. Not only because we werent going to have him but because it confirmed how incompetent this team's ownership/management/coaching truly is. And all we've seen this year confirms it, both the greatness that VY will become as well as the ineptitude down at Reliant Stadium. I am now looking for the exclamation point, which is for VY to come down to his hometown and beat the cr*p out of the team and the coaching staff that should have picked him

hey could you add an option. texans but vy has 6 int. and is sacked 10 times.

that would be my choice.

It's just so frustrating. It's probably hard to understand for someone who didn't see this coming.

For people who believe in VY, it's not just like passing on a star player. We really think that this guy is the difference between winning superbowls and not. To understand you have to be able to appreciate how highly we think of Vince Young's potential, I know it sounds ridiculous to project this kind of hype on someone but I really do think he could end up being the greatest football player to ever play in the NFL. He has a very unique skillset combined with some of the best intangibles I've personally ever seen in a player in any sport. He's just on a completely different level than any other player IMO.

I realize all of that probably sounds like hyperbole to alot of you guys, but that's honestly how I feel and how I have for a year now.

That's cr*p. It's not like VY came out of nowhere. We should have drafted him - many of us said it before the draft - and I am still extremely annoyed that we didn't. I sold my four Club level PSLs when we didn't draft him. Not only because we werent going to have him but because it confirmed how incompetent this team's ownership/management/coaching truly is. And all we've seen this year confirms it, both the greatness that VY will become as well as the ineptitude down at Reliant Stadium. I am now looking for the exclamation point, which is for VY to come down to his hometown and beat the cr*p out of the team and the coaching staff that should have picked him

We've heard this story before, unfortunately. At some point you said you were done with the Texans and were going to leave the Message Board for good....

What ever happened to that idea?

Through the bad times and the future good time have been and will be a TEXAN fan for life.
Don't care about a player unless he wears Steel Blue, Liberty White, or Battle Red.

On the other hand, I hope his luck runs out on Sunday.

It's just so frustrating. It's probably hard to understand for someone who didn't see this coming.

For people who believe in VY, it's not just like passing on a star player. We really think that this guy is the difference between winning superbowls and not. To understand you have to be able to appreciate how highly we think of Vince Young's potential, I know it sounds ridiculous to project this kind of hype on someone but I really do think he could end up being the greatest football player to ever play in the NFL. He has a very unique skillset combined with some of the best intangibles I've personally ever seen in a player in any sport. He's just on a completely different level than any other player IMO.

I realize all of that probably sounds like hyperbole to alot of you guys, but that's honestly how I feel and how I have for a year now.

who's to say? did we get Olajuwan or Jordan? (as some like to throw around)

This is a alltime low........I'm as big of a UT fan as you'll find, but for there to be a thread like this is shameful.............dammit I'm rootin for the Texans, Vince and the Titans be damned

Houston get on board the oilers are gone

I'm not sure what you're asking Wolf? Can you clarify a little bit more what you're asking then I'll try to respond to it.

people throw around the Bowie drafted ahead of Jordan but conviently forget that Olajuwan was picked ahead of both .

I skipped the bowie ,because i don't believe Young will be a bust along with Bush and Williams.. but seems to be a boom or bust on the opinions with some people.

at the money Bush is paid he needs to be like Tomlinson.....hes not.......Bush is the Bowie in this discussion.

Mario might be Hakeem.....Young will also be a great.......bush despit today's game isn't the best player at his position on his own team

people throw around the Bowie drafted ahead of Jordan but conviently forget that Olajuwan was picked ahead of both .

I skipped the bowie ,because i don't believe Young will be a bust along with Bush and Williams.. but seems to be a boom or bust on the opinions with some people.

I cant speak for others, but here is my personal opinion.

To me it was never about how good or bad reggie bush is, he could turn out to be the best damn RB there ever was, same for Mario at DE. It has everything to do with how great of a player I believe Vince Young will be, and already is. A great RB or DE is great, but when you have a chance to draft superbowl caliber QB - a talent that I believe is completely unmatched, you have to take it.

I can't even explain it, to me there was never a question of whether VY will be great or not just have always felt that he would be. Vince Young will bring many superbowls to the city of Tennessee, too bad it's not his hometown of Houston.

In other words, Mario could turn out to be a great DE, but I don't think he'll have anywhere near the impact that VY could have had on this team.

bitter t-sips rooting for Bud.... lol

Laugh if you want AJ, but you're in the same situation as us if i'm not mistaking. You may not be rooting for him, but I believe you were on the draft VY bandwagon so you can't be feeling too good about the future of the team right now as I'm sure VY's play has not dissapointed you.

I wanted the Texans to draft VY but when he put on powder blue he became the enemy, not my fantasy.

I don't whine incessantly about what I don't have, nor do I jump on other team's bandwagons (especially at the expense of my own team) because of a single player. But that's just me.

Screw the Titans and Vince Young. I'm a Texan and could care less how any team or so called star player does for the rest of their existence, especially if they play for the Titans. Our team is doing poorly once again and if we were winning nobody would give a rats XXX how Young is doing.

Back