Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Which undrafted Houston Texans have a shot at a roster spot in 2023?

If our line is opening holes, then Valladay is going to be a problem... but so are Pierce and Singletary.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up...

The potential is there, and I stress the word "potential", for a top 10 to 15 running game. If they can get anywhere close to being 10th, 11th, 12th in the league in rushing, CJ Strouds rookie life just becomes a whole lot easier.

I would have been good had the Bengals drafted Gaye in the late rounds honestly.
Watch the 6'6 kid play ball and tell me he doesn't have a shot. If you don't think so, I will respectfully disagree.
While he might not make the meteoric rise in the NFL that he did after getting to LSU, I think the kid continues to get better.
Like we've all heard many times in that you can't teach size or speed, this kid is someone to watch.
Wish him nothing but luck as he continues his football career with the Texans !!

I would have been good had the Bengals drafted Gaye in the late rounds honestly.
Watch the 6'6 kid play ball and tell me he doesn't have a shot. If you don't think so, I will respectfully disagree.
While he might not make the meteoric rise in the NFL that he did after getting to LSU, I think the kid continues to get better.
Like we've all heard many times in that you can't teach size or speed, this kid is someone to watch.
Wish him nothing but luck as he continues his football career with the Texans !!

I like how a fan of NFL franchise, hits gold with a specific College program as if own minor league farm team keep pulling that talent pool. Look @ Eagles and their love affair with Georgia Bulldogs. Heck Chargers drafted three TCU horned frogs. Texans go to team seems to be Alabama. Head Coach DeMeco Ryans on down, Will Anderson, John Metchie III, Christian Harris & Henry To’oTo’o.

With that said, I would be targeting those Bama undrafted free agents. While Texans didn’t sign one this off season, they could steal one off another teams roster practice squad, (undrafted). Like these
- DJ Dale, 6-1 308 DT developmental, rotation on the cheap.
- Jaylen Moody, 6-0 222 LB who played next to To’oTo’o
- Eli Ricks, CB 6-2 188 lanky, lean press corner would just flip him for Steven Nelson.

Idk Armybengal...I watched tape on him and he seems slow off the snap, and unable to shed blockers well and gets caught up in the wash a lot...a positive I did see is that he's got a good motor and doesnt give up on plays and chases plays down from behind...

Idk Armybengal...I watched tape on him and he seems slow off the snap, and unable to shed blockers well and gets caught up in the wash a lot...a positive I did see is that he's got a good motor and doesnt give up on plays and chases plays down from behind...

Things that can be improved upon with good coaching.

He probably makes the PS.

perhaps...but like I said he looks slow and lacking twitch and superior instincts...gets caught up in the wash way too much for my liking

I think he's got the ability to be a rotational guy like Winovich a big plus if he could develop into Omenihu productive type player. They said some of the same things about Ohmenihu when he was drafted, so there's hope.

I think he's got the ability to be a rotational guy like Winovich a big plus if he could develop into Omenihu productive type player. They said some of the same things about Ohmenihu when he was drafted, so there's hope.
well we def have better coaching on the staff now...so theres that...seemed for years that the Texans just couldnt develop talent...then they would go elsewhere and shine. So, I guess theres a sliver of hope, but Im not holding my breathe...I would say if any udfa has a chance to make the squad it would be Valladay but now we have log jam at RB

well we def have better coaching on the staff now...so theres that...seemed for years that the Texans just couldnt develop talent...then they would go elsewhere and shine. So, I guess theres a sliver of hope, but Im not holding my breathe...I would say if any udfa has a chance to make the squad it would be Valladay but now we have log jam at RB

We hope the coaching staff is better and I like the new staff. Jerrod Johnson will be getting an OC or HC job within the next 5 yrs if Ryans is successful. I think they carry 4 RB's on the active roster, that's what the 49ers usually do.

1. Pierce
2. Singleton, 3rd down RB and 8-10 carries per game.
3. Boone, 3rd down guy/ST's guy.
4. Valladay, Developmental guy/ST's guy

We hope the coaching staff is better and I like the new staff. Jerrod Johnson will be getting an OC or HC job within the next 5 yrs if Ryans is successful. I think they carry 4 RB's on the active roster, that's what the 49ers usually do.

1. Pierce

I think you mean Singletary but in general I think you're spot on. Barring injury of course. Where's that wood to go knock on.

1. Pierce

You mention Jerrod Johnson getting HC job next five years, if Ryans is successful but what about Slowick chances? also another branch off the Shanahan tree 🌳

Back