Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Whats really better for us, a bruised Pennington or healthy Carter???

I thought i get everyones opinion if it might be an advantage for us to have Pennington who may not be 100% or Carter playing healthy?? Does anyone remember Pennington ever being hurt and playing??? Just curious how he did....

We'll see both I predict. Pennington will start the game and if the Texans can get some heat on him then he's going to learn that contact in a game is a far different thing from feeling pretty good and throwing without pain in practice.

The Quincy will put down the blow and come in the game.

You know, you'd think they would save him for their really big games like the one coming up against the Steelers...Seems he's just risking getting hurt worse and being out for those games. Then again it could be a compliment for us not wanting to play their backup....

Isn't the Jets next game at Pittsburgh? I know I would rather bring Chad back at home than on the road at Pitt.

Anytime you have an opportunity to put a better football player out there you do that. Pennington is their best QB and one of the best period so if he can go he plays.

All the teams need to win games now so if he can go play Pennington. Why worry about the Pittsburgh week when you have to play a game before then?
I don't get this attitude of worrying about 2 or 3 games down the road; just worry about this week.

I don't think I'd consider it a compliment. Think of it more like the Jets saying:

"Since the Texans don't have any pass rush it's probably safe to go ahead and let Chad play in that one. It's not like they're going to hit him or anything and then by the time he has to face a defence that can actually threaten him he'll be a little sharper. It's like he's going to get near-game reps or something"

If they were getting ready to play a team that had been sacking the stuffing out of everyone they faced then I'd be surprised if Pennington came back this week. They aren't so obviously they think he'll be ok.

Peek needs to be in there early and the Texans need to hit him hard right from the start.

If Carr were hurt and missed 3 games and could maybe play this weekend don't you think the Texans would play him? Of course they would. Why should the Jets be any different than any other team?

Pennington is still dangerous coming off an injury. I hope he's not sharp, and very inaccurate, but I doubt that will happen. Chad is generally pretty accurate, and that could mean a tough game for us.

Pennington can hurt us more than Carter. Carter has never beat the Texans anyway, and I don't care who they have back there...they don't win this game.

Quincy Carter could be the Texans best player in this game. That guy doesn't impress me at all and I really hope we face him. He'll come out with INTERCEPTIONS written on his forehead.

OK, so I'm exagerating, a little.

It doesn't matter to me (personally) because either way we win this game if the true Texans team comes to play.

Back