Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

What team will show up Sunday in Arrowhead?

Blake

MMQB
Will the team we know and love, and know can put up points, and play good D show up? Or will the confused, fumbling, not on the same page team arrive?

I have a good feeling the offense will show its guns. But the D makes me wonder if they will contain the high powered chiefs.

texans.JPG

kc.jpg

we will not get any pass rush whatsoever against the Chiefs offensive line and our defense will get picked apart especially if Holmes does play.

Well the team we .... would like to love who can put up points has yet to show up. I'm sure they're capable of it, but they need to do it before I get extremely geeked about a game. All I am looking for sunday is a + in the turnover ratio column, and our defense displaying their manhood when it matters.

Yeah, Trent Green is Mr. Suck so far, but at some point during the season he's going to light someone up, and I really do not want that to be us. If we can continue Green's suck streak and hang on the the ball, I'll be elated. (we'll most likely win if that happens)

I envision multiple 3rd and long situations that the Texans allow the Chiefs to convert. The most frustrating thing this team has ever put me through.

I envision multiple 3rd and long situations that the Texans allow the Chiefs to convert. The most frustrating thing this team has ever put me through

I agree, but IMO still better than rooting for the Oilers or having no team at all.

I think or defense will come around. We just have a few new players at new positions and all the guys who came back from injury and need to get adjusted to the speed of the game again ! I think or defense will improve more as the season progresses !!!

It seems that a lot of people expect the Texans to be established and ready to win consistantly this season. They're still shifting people around and trying to build a rock solid foundation before they tweak things. That will happen as the season progresses and they get into a better molded team.

This week they play better than the last two weeks. Davis holds on to the ball, and the defense plays better as a unit. I don't know about a win. It depends on how well the Chiefs play and who they play with, but we don't get blown out.

So many variables in this game. If the Chiefs hadn't started out 0-2 then I would call it a K.C. win but it could go either way. I think the deciding factor in this game, regardless of whether Holmes plays or not is going to be which team is more angry about being 0-2 right now. The Texans are thinking that if they had taken care of business then they'd be 2-0 and I'm sure the Chiefs are thinking the same thing.

The Texans only chance to win this game I think is that K.C. comes out looking for the Texans team they thumped last season at Reliant. I'm praying that the Chiefs are mostly in a "Good, here come the Texans. Just what we needed to put things back on track, a bad team we can beat easily". If that's the case and the Texans have had enough of losing then they could win. There are a lot of "if's" in that scenario though.

I'll be happy if they just come out focused and stop the parade of mistakes that 2004 has been so far. 0-3 will be a lot easier to stomach if they play up to the level they're capable. 1-2 would be better of course :)

Hervoyel, what's with the Lions avatar? Are you honoring the teams that beat us by adopting their logo for the following week? I hope it's not permanent.

The lions fans came here, dropped their thoughts in the litter box, and hopefully have pretty much departed.

I was thinking the same thing. Must have lost an avatar bet. But that Lions logo freaked me out. eek:

I expect the Chiefs to win. Home field advantage and overall they have a very talented team. 24-10.

I know this doesn't mean much, but I'm just curious as to why these folks think we'll beat KC. Heck, even Prisco picks us! Even though we're both 0 - 2, KC is at least known for putting up points by the bunches at times, unlike us.

Here's the link.

JackDizzle said:
I know this doesn't mean much, but I'm just curious as to why these folks think we'll beat KC. Heck, even Prisco picks us! Even though we're both 0 - 2, KC is at least known for putting up points by the bunches at times, unlike us.

Here's the link.

Dang the media! They NEVER show the Texans any respect! Can you believe that they won't even give us credit for sucking??!!?!

:rofl:

Have you watched any of the Chiefs games this year? Have you looked at the injury list at all? I'm by no means calling the game a gimme for the Texans, but it is just as winnable as any other game we've played this year if we avoid the turnovers.

I've talked to many of my buddies here who are hardcore Chiefs fans, and they are sweating this one as much as any. Its a new year, and so far with the Chiefs injuries, lack of consistency on defense, and failure from the second level of talent behind the injured players to step up, they're reeling. To this point in time, this Chiefs team hasn't done anything to make you think they are the same as last year. If we were ever going to have a chance to snatch a 'W' from them, now is the time. :twocents:

They need to play to win.....throw that consevative, tentative, keep the game close type of playing to the sharks along with the 0-2 start conscious mind set. We need to go in agressive, exploit and not look back and it'll be easy sailing. Our offense has enough weapons to win every game like this and they have to since our defense is a little on the confuscious side so far early this season. We need to squash any hope they have of winning early in the game.... :twocents:

TexanExile said:
Dang the media! They NEVER show the Texans any respect! Can you believe that they won't even give us credit for sucking??!!?!

:rofl:

As silly as it sounds, I was honestly wondering why that is. If you look at the Power rankings there, KC is 20 and we're 30.

JackDizzle said:
As silly as it sounds, I was honestly wondering why that is. If you look at the Power rankings there, KC is 20 and we're 30.

Evidently those folks think we have underperformed and expect more of a bounce from our underperformance than from theirs, especially due to injury.

jhawktx said:
Hervoyel, what's with the Lions avatar? Are you honoring the teams that beat us by adopting their logo for the following week? I hope it's not permanent.

The lions fans came here, dropped their thoughts in the litter box, and hopefully have pretty much departed.

I didn't take part in the Lions avatar bet. I changed my avatar because my Texans let me down bigtime last week. They came out in a statement game and said "Look at us! Look how bad we suck right now!" Honestly, since they came into existence that's the first time I feel that the Texans have ever embarrased Houston. That's the first time that I thought they didn't have a logical explanation for their situation. Sure I've been here through the expansion team losses but in the first two weeks of 2004 the Texans have done an "Oiler".

I'm in "avatar exile" until the Texans redeem themselves with either 2 wins in a row or at the very least a sound beating of a good team.

It could take a while I know.

Hervoyel said:
I'm in "avatar exile" until the Texans redeem themselves with either 2 wins in a row or at the very least a sound beating of a good team.

It could take a while I know.

Herv, do you plan on rotating the "scab" avatar in the meantime, just in case it DOES take a while? No offense to the Lions fans, but next to Cincinnati and Tennesee I think Detroit has the worst uniform/logo in the league. Sooner you lose that lion, the better! :hehe:

But like you said, it's really up to the TEXANS to fix your avatar.

JackDizzle said:

Yeah, I agree, but the Chiefs are unraveling off the field this week, and it's getting a lot of media attention. I think that's factoring into the media belief that the Chiefs will blow it and go 0-3. Personally, I don't buy that, but if they DO go 0-3 including a loss to poor ol' Houston, well, I think there's a good chance the Chiefs will go into the tank for weeks.

I don't know if 0-3 will be the end of their year or anything. 0-3 is something that can be turned around. I will not like seeing the Texans at 0-3 but it will go down a lot easier once the season's all said and done if they start out bad and finish good. I'd prefer to see them 0-6 at the break but wrapping up with 3 out of 4 wins and finishing close to .500 than to see them win this week, then lose again, then stumble along the rest of the way like they have the past two seasons finishing on a losing streak.

I was thinking they were ahead of schedule and I knew that the first part of the season would probably have it's share of down days as things came together. I just got ahead of myself because it looked like the start of the year was an easy 2-0. I should have known better (we all should have known better). There are no easy wins in the NFL.

Give me a good strong second half of the season showing and the Texans will be in good shape.

Okay, I had enough of this. Embarrassed? Embarrassed? Man never say you are embarrassed of your team. Never!! I know that sounds like a homer but it is not being homer. It is called being loyal. Yes, get mad and demand better from your team. Yes, get upset at the facts of how we lossed the game, admit your team got beat by a better team that Sunday, voice your opinion about how they are not doing well whatever. But never use the word embarrassed. When I hear that word, the only thing that comes to mind is the Aint's fans and you have seen the result of that attitude from the fans. Nothing and only one playoff win because of it. I am not saying accept low level of football. I am saying that when your team is down, give them a reason to play and in the end when our team is at it's pinnacle you will never have to look back and say your team ever embarrassed you.

C'mon yall, our team needs us the most now if ever!

I will forever be embarrassed by the Oilers playoff loses to Denver, Buffalo and Kansas City in 1991-1993. The Buffalo loss in 1992 might be the most embarrassing loss any fan in any sport has ever had to endure.

I disagree. I was embarrassed of the way the Texans played in the first two games. The San Diego loss was not a good thing obviously. I expect the team to be ready for the season opener. There's just no excuse for that. Coming out dead flat in Detroit the very next week though after getting a wake up call like the one the Chargers gave them was IMO embarrassing. The Texans let down their fans in that one. Not by losing it but by coming out and playing like zombies for the entire first half. Detroit did the same thing so it was only a 7-3 halftime lead but that's Detroit. If they want to do that fine. I expect more out of the Texans.

On a more positive not I also expect we'll be seeing the kind of effort we've come to expect from them in the coming weeks. By the end of the year I believe they'll be playing some tough football and beating some people in the last quarter of the season.

Back