Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What are the chances of Moses being traded?

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
I was wondering if Moses might be traded rather than just released? A friend of mine says he talks with him alot because they are old college buddies and he mentioned a trade with Oakland might happen. He did also mention Moses stated he is coming into this camp more determined than ever.

But back to the question. Would a trade be a little better idea. I would hate for him to go to a team we play this year. But how would we trade him and who do you think it would be for?

I guess it could happen (anything's possible) but I just don't see anyone giving up anything meaningfull for Moses. Decent return men are not uncommon. Great ones are and JJ isn't a great one.

He's nothing special at this point. Fun to watch, "zippy", maybe even "shifty" but he could very well lose his job this season and be available with no strings attached.

Nawzer said:
Didn't Oakland draft a really speedy guy from Texas Tech this year?

Wes Welker? I don't remember where he was drafted, or even if that is the player you are talking about.

Agree with V. There is only the slightest of slight chances anyone would give a pick for Moses, and even then, your talking about a 7th rounder or so. I see him competing against Duff as the KR this year. :twocents:

I just looked it up and the guy I was talking about is Carlos Francis from Texas Tech. He was a 4th rounder and he was burning it up in the combines.

I think Moses can stick around this year but he's got to show more skills as a receiver. I know the chances of him catching some balls for us this year are slim to none but unless he can show some improvement I don't see him being with us this year.

I have to say,the WR position is going to be a fun position to watch. I don't believe we could get anything for him and him only. I believe it would have to be another package kind of deal.

Frankly I don't want to see him go. I think this year he will be able to show us what he can really do on the KR and PR end because the depth we has is better than it has ever been. I really trust him to not muff punts because he does have really good hands when it comes down to returning. I know his friend was telling me he is really trying to make the team this year.

I really think that JJ Moses situation is something we may see alot of. If not this season, next season for sure.

Back