Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What 3 players focus vs Dallas?

We've seen enough of Johnson to form the opinion that he should start over Kalil. But we've yet to see Martin and it seems OB is set on keeping him at the pivot.

There seems to be a small consensus that Johnson, Howard, Fulton, Scharping, Henderson may be our strongest five.

So moving Martin into the pivot totally shakes up the right side, just as they are beginning to get some stability. Does Fulton move to RG? Does Scharping sit; or does he move to RT?

If Scharping stays at RG, does Fulton become the swing guard/oc, allowing Mancz to be released?

Martin's return and play is critical to the makeup of our starting 5 as well as the final makeup of the 53.

If Martin does not start, do you keep both Martin and Mancz, or which of these two.

And how does Rankin play into this, can he be the swing guard? I haven't heard any negative comments just that with both Howard and Scharping settling in at OG, there is a logjam of talent inside and Rankin's snaps have gone down. But how do you cut a second year 3rd round talent without really giving him the opportunity?

A lot of question and they all start with Martin.

We've seen enough of Johnson to form the opinion that he should start over Kalil. But we've yet to see Martin and it seems OB is set on keeping him at the pivot.

There seems to be a small consensus that Johnson, Howard, Fulton, Scharping, Henderson may be our strongest five.

So moving Martin into the pivot totally shakes up the right side, just as they are beginning to get some stability. Does Fulton move to RG? Does Scharping sit; or does he move to RT?

If Scharping stays at RG, does Fulton become the swing guard/oc, allowing Mancz to be released?

Martin's return and play is critical to the makeup of our starting 5 as well as the final makeup of the 53.

If Martin does not start, do you keep both Martin and Mancz, or which of these two.

And how does Rankin play into this, can he be the swing guard? I haven't heard any negative comments just that with both Howard and Scharping settling in at OG, there is a logjam of talent inside and Rankin's snaps have gone down. But how do you cut a second year 3rd round talent without really giving him the opportunity?

A lot of question and they all start with Martin.
They should make Fulton the starting Center. Martin is good it pass pro but just not strong enough in run blocking. Fulton is adequate pass protector way better at run blocking. Wonder what Dallas will give up for Clowney and Martin in a package deal?

For me
LT R Johnson
RB Duke Johnson
CB Lonnie Johnson
Looks like you got a little crazy with the baby shampoo. I get it, no more tears.

How about the battle of the punters? No?
I'm wondering if there's 5 WRs worth keeping on the roster. Someone needs to step up, or maybe GM O'Brien hits the waiver wire.
I want to see Bellamy continue to make splash plays.
Is Colvin worth a roster spot?
Can the 12th man show that he deserves to be anything but a guy on the practice squad?

Is that more than 3? Hell, I see 15 final roster spots still open. Maybe 5 that won't be filled by guys currently on the team. I hope Billy stocked up on apples and roadmaps.

With Howard not playing, it'll be interesting, and telling, who they have starting at LG. If Martin starts at OC, will Fulton slide over to the position? Or will it be Mancz? The player I'd like to see starting is Rankin, with Fulton at OC.

With Howard not playing, it'll be interesting, and telling, who they have starting at LG. If Martin starts at OC, will Fulton slide over to the position? Or will it be Mancz? The player I'd like to see starting is Rankin, with Fulton at OC.

I'm guessing Kelemente since he started there last year

Howard's not playing tonight?

The ol position is a cluster ****. I dont see how at least one of the following doesn't get cut:

Rankin
Mancz
Davenport

The ol position is a cluster ****. I dont see how at least one of the following doesn't get cut:

Rankin
Mancz
Davenport

Cutting our 3rd round pick from last year is crazy but looks like it's heading that way.

Personally, I would much rather cut Kalil and Seantrel, who have shown much less than Mancz and Davenport the last few years.

Cutting our 3rd round pick from last year is crazy but looks like it's heading that way.

Personally, I would much rather cut Kalil and Seantrel, who have shown much less than Mancz and Davenport the last few years.

I'm not certain Khalil makes the opening day roster.

Are we just that bad at evaluating talent or only bad at developing it?

I'm not certain Khalil makes the opening day roster.

Are we just that bad at evaluating talent or only bad at developing it?

I think both. Signing Kalil and Seantrel is bad evaluation. The progress of Martin, Rankin, and previously XSF is bad development. Davenport, for a 4th round pick, has not been that horrible.

Rankin
Mancz
Davenport
Howard has that broken finger and reports are they will hold him out. Like last week, several of our starters are expected not to see any action

We have by my count, 11 OL'men in the hunt to make the team and I'm expecting 9 to be carried this year rather than 8. I'd like it to be Rankin over Kelemente and Davenport over Kalil.

Haven't seen that Howard out for broken finger.

I think both. Signing Kalil and Seantrel is bad evaluation. The progress of Martin, Rankin, and previously XSF is bad development. Davenport, for a 4th round pick, has not been that horrible.
Henderson hasn't even played a full game for the Texans, making it impossible to evaluate his play. This is only Rankins second season. Admittedly he played like a 3rd round rookie last season, but it's too early to evaluate his future.

Henderson hasn't even played a full game for the Texans, making it impossible to evaluate his play. This is only Rankins second season. Admittedly he played like a 3rd round rookie last season, but it's too early to evaluate his future.

I agree on Rankin. But sounds like he's on the bubble at best.

The thing with Seantrel is that he's never been good and hasn't been healthy in about 5 years. I don't understand giving him the starting role. Bring him for depth on a minimum contract and see what happens? Sure.

Rankin is a multi-year starting SEC LT. And didn't he spend much of his rookie season last year injured ?
Just seems ill advised and premature to cut a prospect like him now ? And it's the sort of things teams hate to do if for no other reason that it's a really bad reflection on the organization, coachs and FO. Teams usually give their prospects atleast 2 years which is why I don't think they will cut him this soon. Well we will find out in about a week or so.

Just seems ill advised and premature to cut a prospect like him now ? And it's the sort of things teams hate to do if for no other reason that it's a really bad reflection on the organization, coachs and FO.
The GM who drafted Rankin is out. If O'Brien doesn't like the player, he's out too.

Rankin is a multi-year starting SEC LT. And didn't he spend much of his rookie season last year injured ?
Just seems ill advised and premature to cut a prospect like him now ? And it's the sort of things teams hate to do if for no other reason that it's a really bad reflection on the organization, coachs and FO. Teams usually give their prospects atleast 2 years which is why I don't think they will cut him this soon. Well we will find out in about a week or so.

Yes I agree with you. Just everything I've read is that Rankin is very much at risk. He hasn't gotten much playing time or reps it seems.

Back