Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to the Texans, OT Laremy Tunsil.

Mangler

Toro de España
Position: OT (6’5” 313 lbs)

Born: August 2, 1994 in Lake City, FL

College: Mississippi

High School: Columbia (FL)

Draft: Miami Dolphins in the 1st round (13th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft.

Twitter:
@KingTunsil78

Laremy Tunsil has played 44 games, started all 44. Seems like a leader, guy that shows up to work, doesn’t follow all the bs mainstream drama, and ain’t more worried about being a celebrity than being the best at what he does. I’m glad to have him on the team!

Texans should've extended his contract prior to making the trade. Seems dumb to give up what they did and not instantly extend him. His leverage to be the highest paid LT in the history of the league has got to be among the highest ever in the history of the NFL.

Mangler

Toro de España
I wonder how Laremy Tunsil feels about being a Texan? I know his former teammates made a bunch of noise threatening to “revolt” if Laremy was traded. But, why would Laremy want to stay in Miami instead of playing with Watson and DeAndre Hopkins?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Texans should've extended his contract prior to making the trade. Seems dumb to give up what they did and not instantly extend him. His leverage to be the highest paid LT in the history of the league has got to be among the highest ever in the history of the NFL.
Psshhh... BO'b will just franchise tag him.

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
I wonder how Laremy Tunsil feels about being a Texan? I know his former teammates made a bunch of noise threatening to “revolt” if Laremy was traded. But, why would Laremy want to stay in Miami instead of playing with Watson and DeAndre Hopkins?
I would think he's happy .

The Texans for the next two years are pretty loaded .

Mangler

Toro de España
They should have, I agree. But, they didn’t. Also, who cares if he becomes the highest paid LT when the time comes? I sure as hell don’t, as it isn’t my money. The Texans must pay what it costs to have a good LT protecting our franchise QB, or continue to let him get the piss beat out of him while praying he doesn’t end up like Andrew Luck. I’m sure they’ll take care of Tunsil when the time comes, because the urgency of having a LT is much greater than having Clowney under a massive contract while still having Watt and Mercilus. But that’s an entirely different discussion for a different thread.

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
They should have, I agree. But, they didn’t. Also, who cares if he becomes the highest paid LT when the time comes? I sure as hell don’t, as it isn’t my money. The Texans must pay what it costs to have a good LT protecting our franchise QB, or continue to let him get the piss beat out of him while praying he doesn’t end up like Andrew Luck. I’m sure they’ll take care of Tunsil when the time comes, because the urgency of having a LT is much greater than having Clowney under a massive contract while still having Watt and Mercilus. But that’s an entirely different discussion for a different thread.
There's a stat in sports called WAR . Wins above replacement . The WAR between Clowney and Tunsil is no contest . There's nobody who can replace Tunsil . Mercilus and Scarlett can be 80% of Clowney .

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
Haven't heard anything about it. How are you at run blocking, Laremy?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I give him the benefit of the doubt. Only 5 days in our system and he already looks light years away from the so called starters that have been here since last year. Wait till he gets the playbook down...
I saw what I expected

I'm giving them 6 games before I will make a judgement.

stingray

Hall of Fame
With only a week of practice with his new team? I saw enough of his stuff tonight to know this guy is SO much better than what we've been used to lately.
Ok definitely better, but worth two first round picks? We gave up the same as tye Bears gave up for Khalil Mack..we will see if he pans out.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Ok definitely better, but worth two first round picks? We gave up the same as tye Bears gave up for Khalil Mack..we will see if he pans out.
It it turns out he ends up being as good as and as dependable as Duane Brown was, then it was worth it. If not, no, that was very expensive for my taste. But, it's over and done with now and he's a damn site better than what we had.

Mangler

Toro de España
Just to be clear. Did you actually expect a guy that has only been in Houston for about 5 days to come in and be in mid season form, and already know the playbook? Are you serious?

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member

He wasn't great or even good really ….. but he was better than anything else they have trotted out there Since Brown left.

stingray

Hall of Fame
Just to be clear. Did you actually expect a guy that has only been in Houston for about 5 days to come in and be in mid season form, and already know the playbook? Are you serious?
Never said that.. but I don’t see a lockdown LT.. I see a decent LT that will be serviceable. Texans gave up too much for him in my opinion

stingray

Hall of Fame
As we would have for any top LT in any draft. We gave up a first for a proven LT instead of gambling by letting O’Brien select one. We also got a speedy wideout with good hands in Still, which would have been worth another 1st to get.
You really think Stills is worth a 1st round pick? What are you smoking? Stills is worth a third at best

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
As we would have for any top LT in any draft. We gave up a first for a proven LT instead of gambling by letting O’Brien select one. We also got a speedy wideout with good hands in Still, which would have been worth another 1st to get.
Stills is worth the 2nd rder by himself and they got another 4-6th.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Stills isn't worth a high pick and he's a free agent after next year. He also isn't cheap.