Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

It was nice knowing you Cullen Gillaspia, FB from Texas A&M

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Yep, and if they hit on Howard/Scharping and Rankin is the OG I think he will be, the offense will look much better, particularly if somehow WFV can stay healthy.
Fuller staying healthy is important. But hopefully with another year in the "system" for Watson, the Jordans, Coutee, & even Carter maybe BO'b can adapt better for the absence of Fuller.

Then again, Miller & Blue are fine receivers out of the backfield. I don't know why he couldn't use that when Fuller was out.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Fuller staying healthy is important. But hopefully with another year in the "system" for Watson, the Jordans, Coutee, & even Carter maybe BO'b can adapt better for the absence of Fuller.

Then again, Miller & Blue are fine receivers out of the backfield. I don't know why he couldn't use that when Fuller was out.
Because the OL sucked

281Texan

Waterboy
Why would we do that? Theres no running back we could've drafted or signed that would give the production of Alfred Blue so no need for us to go after another RB.
Jay Ajayi. Could be had for dirt cheap at this point. I know he has balky knees but that’s the take a chance on a guy and hope he can stay healthy for a year or two type of chance i like to take. Especially at this point in the offseason. But, we won’t do that. We’ll instead sign a guy who is healthy but can’t play.

281Texan

Waterboy
Aggie fans expectations: “we just drafted the next mike alstott. He’s gonna do so well.”

*August headline* Cullen Gillaspia signed to practice squad after final 53 man cuts

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
Jay Ajayi. Could be had for dirt cheap at this point. I know he has balky knees but that’s the take a chance on a guy and hope he can stay healthy for a year or two type of chance i like to take. Especially at this point in the offseason. But, we won’t do that. We’ll instead sign a guy who is healthy but can’t play.
Would love to have Ajayi on the team for the British standpoint and in all the extra media attention he gets over here he comes across as a great guy but I fear the only way you are going to get a backup RB on 2 good legs between him and Dont'a Foreman is by tying them together 3 legged race style.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Didn’t they just sign Matt Kalil? A guy who is unhealthy but can’t play?

281Texan

Waterboy
Didn’t they just sign Matt Kalil? A guy who is unhealthy but can’t play?
Just goes to show how bad our OL is, how cheap the FO is, and how bad the last project OT we took was. But, there was enough talent there at one point for a team to make him a top 5 pick, and to earn a large second contract. If he’s fully healthy, you could do a lot worst at swing tackle

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Ajayi did trust his knees for at least 2 years prior to his left ACL rupture week 4 of last season. He also sustained a transverse fracture of the back a few weeks prior to his ACL rupture........a type of fracture that once healed should not have future performance implications.

Eagles RB Jay Ajayi had insurance policy to protect from injury

He had already sustained a ACL rupture as a freshman at Boise State. At least it was his right ACL. This history demonstrates the not uncommon phenomenon of contralateral rupture and/or re-rupture.

The past 2 seasons, Ajayi has required significant rest almost weekly (actually this pattern has gone back to 2015). The reason has been officially given as "knee soreness," although there has been distinct rumblings in Philly of "bone on bone." This strongly hints that his 1st knee injury involved articular cartilage and/or meniscus damage. It should be mentioned that he also suffered "minor" ankle and foot "lower body" injuries during the beginning of last season.

If anyone brings him in, it better be a very "team-friendly" contract, as the team should protect themselves at least as well as Ajayi has in the past 2 years.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Would love to have Ajayi on the team for the British standpoint and in all the extra media attention he gets over here he comes across as a great guy but I fear the only way you are going to get a backup RB on 2 good legs between him and Dont'a Foreman is by tying them together 3 legged race style.
As things stand now, between the two of them, there would only be 1 good leg.

281Texan

Waterboy
Ajayi did trust his knees for at least 2 years prior to his left ACL rupture week 4 of last season. He also sustained a transverse fracture of the back a few weeks prior to his ACL rupture........a type of fracture that once healed should not have future performance implications.

Eagles RB Jay Ajayi had insurance policy to protect from injury

He had already sustained a ACL rupture as a freshman at Boise State. At least it was his right ACL. This history demonstrates the not uncommon phenomenon of contralateral rupture and/or re-rupture.

The past 2 seasons, Ajayi has required significant rest almost weekly (actually this pattern has gone back to 2015). The reason has been officially given as "knee soreness," although there has been distinct rumblings in Philly of "bone on bone." This strongly hints that his 1st knee injury involved articular cartilage and/or meniscus damage. It should be mentioned that he also suffered "minor" ankle and foot "lower body" injuries during the beginning of last season.

If anyone brings him in, it better be a very "team-friendly" contract, as the team should protect themselves at least as well as Ajayi has in the past 2 years.

Great info and research! And yes, at this point in the offseason if we did bring him in I would assume it’d be a 1 or 2 year deal at ~$4m per max with most of the money non guaranteed. In that situation you could let him compete with Lamar in camp. If he beats out Lamar you cut Lamar and save another $7 million this year towards the cap

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Great info and research! And yes, at this point in the offseason if we did bring him in I would assume it’d be a 1 or 2 year deal at ~$4m per max with most of the money non guaranteed. In that situation you could let him compete with Lamar in camp. If he beats out Lamar you cut Lamar and save another $7 million this year towards the cap
Thanks! :tiphat:

mussop

Hall of Fame
This could possibly be the dumbest draft pick in the history of this organisation. If the reports of Will Fuller limping around the training camp are true then it definitely is.

WolverineFan

Hall of Fame
This could possibly be the dumbest draft pick in the history of this organisation. If the reports of Will Fuller limping around the training camp are true then it definitely is.
It's a 7th round pick.

We drafted Amobi Okoye 10th overall instead of Patrick Willis (11th), Marshawn Lynch (12th), or Darrelle Revis (14th).

Travis Johnson (1st), Brandon Harris (2nd), Tony Hollings (2nd), Louis Nix (3rd), Sam Montgomery (3rd).

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
You see him using a FB 0% of the time over the next 4 years?
If he can get those 3rd and 1's, he will get more and more chances.
Maybe less.
He may only be used as a blocker and that is fine.
He can carry the ball too though and I can envisage a surprise play here and there a la Develin from the Pats.
I’d rather the 7th round pick be the dumbest, than the 1st.
I'd rather see how they play first.

mussop

Hall of Fame

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
Kid is stout and hard working. Looks like he can stick because he is "versatile". Seriously, for a 7th rounder think looks like you get a ST ace, ok fullback who can block and catch, and a backup LB who may develop. I have seen us waste third round picks, so hard to get excited but seems to have some value. For DW to even mention him means a bit

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Kid is stout and hard working. Looks like he can stick because he is "versatile". Seriously, for a 7th rounder think looks like you get a ST ace, ok fullback who can block and catch, and a backup LB who may develop. I have seen us waste third round picks, so hard to get excited but seems to have some value. For DW to even mention him means a bit
Ah yes, I dunno what is Sam Montgomery doing these days ?

Mangler

Toro de España
Now that poor pass-blocker Foreman is out of the way this fullback should be coming on strong!
Don’t remember hearing anything about Cullen from any reports coming out of Green Bay today. Hmmm, I wonder if they used him at all or what the deal is?