Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Will Anderson

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
You can settle for “ok” competing for those AFC South banners or you can take a swing and see if you can win a Lombardi trophy.

This team instantly became factors in the division tonight. And now have their two franchise players on rookie contracts. The Super Bowl window is officially open.
Hope for the best, but he will carry the burden for what was given up.

You can settle for “ok” competing for those AFC South banners or you can take a swing and see if you can win a Lombardi trophy.

This team instantly became factors in the division tonight. And now have their two franchise players on rookie contracts. The Super Bowl window is officially open.
caserio is swinging at low and away sliders. no homeruns swinging at that

zshawn10

All Pro
3. Houston Texans: Will Anderson Jr., Edge, Alabama
Now that’s what we call gutsy, and it’s fantastic. The Texans appeared to waver between taking a franchise quarterback and a defensive pillar at No. 2. Instead of standing pat, the Texans went for both, and they drafted the top defensive player in Alabama edge Will Anderson.

The last time the Texans had a defender with double-digit sacks was J.J. Watt back in 2018, and Anderson will help right away in that area. No matter what SEC offenses threw at Anderson, none of them could slow him down. Few, if any, edge rushers were more accomplished in three seasons. Anderson became the first true freshman ever to start for Nick Saban, and he recorded seven sacks and he finished with 34.5 and 62 tackles for loss. Pro Football Focus recorded Anderson with an incredible 134 hurries and 36 hits outside of sacks.

Almost exclusively Anderson lined up outside the tackle with 84 percent of his snaps. He has an explosive first step with elite bend and outstanding closing speed. Anderson (6-3 ½, 253) twice was a unanimous All-American and a two-time team captain. Maybe his overall weight and speed (4.6 in the 40) aren’t considered ideal, but his potential is sky high.

Grade: A

https://theathletic.com/4459451/2023/04/27/nfl-draft-picks-grades-round-1/

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
idiotic move. giving up a 1 next year is too much. basically got one player for deshaun watson.
green sucks. watson was a premium asset and was paid as much and these idiots turn it into one player.
I ' m excited, really thrilled by this pick but I will grant you that trading two first round picks is controversial especially when it involves a non qb.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
I ' m excited, really thrilled by this pick but I will grant you that trading two first round picks is controversial especially when it involves a non qb.
Ok, they drafted WA, and traded for CJ?? I get it, just good to see conviction. I was not a CJ at 2 guy, but the Texans are executing a offseason plan, so will wait to see how this product looks

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Ok, they drafted WA, and traded for CJ?? I get it, just good to see conviction. I was not a CJ at 2 guy, but the Texans are executing a offseason plan, so will wait to see how this product looks
I think drafting cj at 2 was the obvious pick while expending two ones on Anderson was extravagant unless he turns out to be the second coming of jj.