Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Welcome to Houston Will Anderson

Still alumni, bet they know each other.

edit: I stand corrected

“And then Tua, I never played with Tua. That was like my first time really meeting him. Down-to-earth guy, really cool, so it was fun going against him today.”

Last edited:
Did the love Will Anderson got for his play yesterday go a little far? In the end his two big plays came on semi busted plays.

First TFL was when half the dolphins line thought the play was blown dead. The forced fumble was on a high snap that the QB had to bring down and also the Oline forgot to block Anderson.

I know he can’t control those things and good on him for capitalizing but I didn’t come away as impressed as others

I agree. As he could have went to dinner with Tua or said something like this while they were on the practice feild. Doing it right before a game take some 🏀's as JB said he walked into the lions den to deliver his message
Whatever reason Anderson did it, it's not a thing he wants to continue to do.

Y'all realize that didn't happen right? Pat Storm wrote that tweet making fun of aggregate Twitter accounts like "Rookie Watch" (go look them up it's laughably bad). That exchange did not happen
Nope and I never appreciated April Fool's jokes either.

Kind of a douche thing for this guy to post. He pretends to be a reporter, right?
Yeah I don't really know what he is. There's a decent amount of officially unofficial reporters that cover the Texans like him. I personally follow those aggregate Twitter accounts he was making fun of because they are so dumb so I caught it but I can see how people who don't would get confused.

Kind of a douche thing for this guy to post. He pretends to be a reporter, right?

Jeesh, he's an absolute jackass if true. I went and checked out his "X" post, and there is nothing about it to indicate that it's satire, a joke, or whatever other angle he's positioning for to get likes. Apparently he's just another attention-starved dumbass on the internet.

Will Anderson looked great today against a quality offensive line. A sack, a couple plays in the run game, and another play where he whiffed on a sack that should have been there but Lamar did Lamar things. Very promising start to his career.
I thought he played a little out of control early in the game. When he got his control, he was making real impact.

1st Texan rookie with a sack in week 1.

What really is a pressure defined by? If you force the QB out of the pocket….if you get within a certain distance from him? seems pressure doesn’t manifest in intangibles like the “OH SHI….T “ factor in the decision made by the QB.
QB pressure includes:

1. Hurries = any play forcing QB to throw ball sooner than intended or being chased from pocket. Oh s--- may or may not be involved.

2. QB knock downs= as stated
3. QB hit = QB touched but not knocked down. Some combine 2 and 3.

4 QB sack

Evan Neal at RT was getting abused consistently. He was ok in the run game, but a total turnstile against edge rushers. His only chance is to move inside to guard. Based on what I saw he won’t make it at tackle.

QB pressure includes:

1. Hurries = any play forcing QB to throw ball sooner than intended or being chased from pocket. Oh s--- may or may not be involved.

2. QB knock downs= as stated
3. QB hit = QB touched but not knocked down. Some combine 2 and 3.

4 QB sack
Thanks. But who is defining this stuff? When I see crap like someone had x number of pressures who is saying this stuff. I’m not one to buy any crap unless it comes with an explanation from the stat producer. We can go off on 50 pages arguing **** that nobody questions the definition of.

Thanks. But who is defining this stuff? When I see crap like someone had x number of pressures who is saying this stuff. I’m not one to buy any crap unless it comes with an explanation from the stat producer. We can go off on 50 pages arguing **** that nobody questions the definition of.
Agree. I imagine PFF and in my thinking the NFL probably keeps statistics. Probably like what is a sack or a half sack based on their interpretation. Again like others it's just a tool.

830d949307dc7d881f3c6879fbc83f2d.jpg

Pass rush win rate for Edge Rushers vs how much they are double teamed.

Back