Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Will Anderson

Both players agents will seek premium compensation for years due to their perceived value per position and draft weight (factors invested into picks). Tunsil has remained one of the, if not the highest paid LT contracts (without agent) due to not only his play on the field but the resources invested to get him (like Anderson). Texans success will be determined by this trifecta of talent for years to come, Tunsil can be effective to probably his 40th birthday. Use to think that was a terrible trade, but as time passes he keeps proving his value to his team and respect around the league. Would be great full if same applies to Will Anderson Jr. Pay the Man!

LOL. Yes. I expect the 2023 first round QBs to sign by late July. Then it will be back to watching training camp highlights for miss throws or INTs to restart the "dumb QB" narrative. Rinse and repeat.

I look at very little highlights from camp.

BTW, I thought this was the Anderson thread. How do you think he's going to do?

Reports from first two days of camp is that Will Anderson is a man amongst boys. But he is playing with the second team.

When do you expect him to begin receiving first team reps. Having him get regular work against Tunsil/Howard would be a great test for what he will be seeing every week this season. Iron sharpens iron.

On the other hand, I could see a situation where they want to give the veterans the starter tag, but more in “name only”. Hughes is an established veteran and ideal mentor for Anderson. I could see this year Anderson being a Lukas Van Ness that plays more than the starter who gets the title out of respect for his tenure.

Who am I kidding… Anderson starts game 1 and I can’t wait!!!

Reports from first two days of camp is that Will Anderson is a man amongst boys. But he is playing with the second team.

When do you expect him to begin receiving first team reps. Having him get regular work against Tunsil/Howard would be a great test for what he will be seeing every week this season. Iron sharpens iron.

On the other hand, I could see a situation where they want to give the veterans the starter tag, but more in “name only”. Hughes is an established veteran and ideal mentor for Anderson. I could see this year Anderson being a Lukas Van Ness that plays more than the starter who gets the title out of respect for his tenure.

Who am I kidding… Anderson starts game 1 and I can’t wait!!!
Has Anderson been playing most of these early practices with his hand down and is he on the strong or weakside of the Dline ?

Will Anderson is worth the trade up risk. Just the way he carries himself, the guy is a coaches’ dream. Gives his all every rep and has the talent. He is going to be a superstar in this league!

Cant wait to see how he performs against Tunsil/Howard.

In the clips Ive been seeing of him he seems to be doing less bull rushing than he did in college. Of course we only see a fraction of the reps... But from what we have access to he looks a lot better as a rusher than what I expected.

He looks like hes using his hands to get blockers off of him a lot quicker than his college film.

In the clips Ive been seeing of him he seems to be doing less bull rushing than he did in college. Of course we only see a fraction of the reps... But from what we have access to he looks a lot better as a rusher than what I expected.

He looks like hes using his hands to get blockers off of him a lot quicker than his college film.
That's what TC is for. In Anderson's case, to develope moves that he may not have used previously; to add to his skills and improve. There's not much need to work on a bull rush. Yesterday's work against Tunsil shows he still has a ways to go. I believe I recall that a rusher needs to develope at least 3 moves he can effectively use. Look forward to the day he puts a move on Tunsil for a sack.

That's what TC is for. In Anderson's case, to develope moves that he may not have used previously; to add to his skills and improve. There's not much need to work on a bull rush. Yesterday's work against Tunsil shows he still has a ways to go. I believe I recall that a rusher needs to develope at least 3 moves he can effectively use. Look forward to the day he puts a move on Tunsil for a sack.
A reminder: No other AFC South team has a Laremy Tunsil.

If you watch his game tapes from 2021, you should see an unstoppable force.

17.5 sacks, 34.5 tackles for loss, 3 PDs, 11 QBHs, 56 Hurries in 482 snaps.

That's like 11-12 pro games.
Imagine a guy that disrupt the QB 9 times every game.
If you have 3 guys like that, you would basically shut down the passing game.
(And he was also very active against the run).

A reminder: No other AFC South team has a Laremy Tunsil.
And to think some wanted to trade him for a 2nd rd pick.. lik
Reminder, we're projected to finish 3rd at best in the AFCSouth.... some folks won't spend a dime if it would in anyway benefit the McNairs.

Joe Thomas, perennial All-Pro, Pro-Bowl... not one rookie QB developed behind him that was worth a damn.

I didn't advocate to trade him, but I wouldn't have cried if they did.

I didn't advocate to trade him, but I wouldn't have cried if they did.
Going back to 2021, Tunsil missed a major part of the season with a torn ligament in his left thumb. Tunsil was thought to be out for a month, but it became 2 months (the rest of the season). Some surmised that Tunsil might want out, and Caserio wasn't real positive regarding Tunsil at the end of the season. Fast forward to 2022, and Laremy plays 100% of the snaps at a Pro Bowl level. Fast forward to the 2023 offseason, and the Texans make Tunsil the highest paid (AAV) OT in the league.

There was a time where there was a perception that Tunsil was not in the team's long term plans. Then, Tunsil played like Tunsil, the Texans hired DeMeco as HC, and drafted a young franchise QB. Now, it is unfathomable to trade Laremy. Things changed.

Last edited:
I watched him at Bama and he's legit!
Anderson has the credentials with his impressive production and being named SEC defensive player of the year two of his there years at 'Bama. This guy clearly has a very, very high floor, so if he remains healthy and avoids serious injury he would seem to epitomize the proverbial "can't miss" prospect when it comes to expectations about his future NFL career..
I dunno wonder why he was never named a team captain at 'Bama, unless he was and I just missed it ?

Going back to 2021, Tunsil missed a major part of the season with a torn ligament in his left thumb. Tunsil was thought to be out for a month, but it became 2 months (the rest of the season). Some surmised that Tunsil might want out, and Caserio wasn't real positive regarding Tunsil at the end of the season. Fast forward to 2022, and Laremy plays 100% of the snaps at a Pro Bowl level. Fast forward to the 2023 offseason, and the Texans make Tunsil the highest paid (AAV) OT in the league.

There was a time where there was a perception that Tunsil was not in the team's long term plans. Then, Tunsil played like Tunsil, the Texans hired DeMeco as HC, and drafted a young franchise QB. Now, it is unfathomable to trade Laremy. Things changed.
Some thought keeping and paying Tunsil was a good idea. Others would've preferred to pinch pennies.

A team's blind-side tackle is the second most important position on the team. The only question I have for those who wanted to trade Tunsil is this; where do you get your smoke?
To some of their defenses (not that I wanna speak for anyone) but there was a time that Tunsil seemed "checked out" and like he was unhappy and didnt want to play for the Texans and given what we gave up for him...its only right and fair to try and recoup some of those assets, but he changed his tune and went back to playing at his normal PB caliber and thus the new contract. Now he is singing a different tune and showering praise on the organization, staff, vibes, and what seems to be rejuvenated enthusiasm and momentum going forward.

To some of their defenses (not that I wanna speak for anyone) but there was a time that Tunsil seemed "checked out" and like he was unhappy and didnt want to play for the Texans and given what we gave up for him...its only right and fair to try and recoup some of those assets, but he changed his tune and went back to playing at his normal PB caliber and thus the new contract. Now he is singing a different tune and showering praise on the organization, staff, vibes, and what seems to be rejuvenated enthusiasm and momentum going forward.

Ah, I see. Thanks for letting me know.

Anonymous Dolphins player on Will Anderson Jr. during practice:

“He walked in our locker room & walked right by me.”

“He tapped Tua Tagovailoa on the leg & said, ‘Lace em up, it’s gonna be a long f–-king practice.’”

The Texans rookie is no joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A team leader is born. Plus, I love the passion and self assurance in his ability after such a short period of time in the NFL

Lol

I love Junior and I believe he is a great team leader, but confronting your homie who he has known for years isn’t any proof of that.

Back