Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Will Anderson

Anderson has been working on pass rush moves. Someone he didn't have a lot of past a basic bull rush and flashed a semi club move if an OL player gets a hand on him. Also have heard that his listed weight at draft time was upper 240 range. Reports are coming out that he is about 255 or so now. Can not confirm that as I have heard it on different podcasts and McClain have all mentioned it at some point when asked. Can anyone confirm the weight gain?

Anderson has been working on pass rush moves. Someone he didn't have a lot of past a basic bull rush and flashed a semi club move if an OL player gets a hand on him. Also have heard that his listed weight at draft time was upper 240 range. Reports are coming out that he is about 255 or so now. Can not confirm that as I have heard it on different podcasts and McClain have all mentioned it at some point when asked. Can anyone confirm the weight gain?

He was 6 ft 3 and a half, 253 pounds at the combine.

Idk... I side a lot with this articles take. In one offseason the Texans filled the three biggest positions in football (LT,QB, Pass rusher) and this article makes a good point about next year; there isn't another Anderson next year. Also was not one last year. I am sold. Love the pick and I trust Nick.

Really cool that the fans get access to this draft war room content instead of the usual alternative of fans making stuff up on message boards. Pretty straight forward looks like the Texans and Colts had the framework of a deal lined up prior to draft and Cardinals took their pick.

Edited from the video i’d presume would be whether the Titans were interested in trading up after Stroud came off the board.

The Eagles 3rd, which will likely be #95 or #96.

I’d make them Super Bowl favorites as well. But I have been wrong enough to know that they could easily underperform for a variety of reasons (injuries, coaching turnover losing both coordinators, etc.) and that pick becomes much more valuable.

For where the team was at that point in the draft and the players on the board i’d rather have a 3rd next year than pick from who was available this year at that slot.

I’d make them Super Bowl favorites as well. But I have been wrong enough to know that they could easily underperform for a variety of reasons (injuries, coaching turnover losing both coordinators, etc.) and that pick becomes much more valuable.
Much more valuable? Like the Eagles are out of the playoffs? In the NFC? Don't put any money on that.

Injuries, this, that, the other thing. What's more likely? That pick being in the 90s is what's more likely. The value of the pick is that the Texans have a 3rd round pick next year, after trading theirs to Arizona. Will there be a player as good as Kelee Ringo available at that pick? I'm not sure.

For where the team was at that point in the draft and the players on the board i’d rather have a 3rd next year than pick from who was available this year at that slot.

Last years draft was very weak. Next years draft is much better draft. IMHO.

And we won’t be going anywhere with Mills starting either. Let CJ get all the reps, gotta get him ready for day one.

I don’t see y’all campaigning for another player to compete with Anderson. He will be starting day one period.
Do you think Anderson will play 100% of the snaps? I don't. So should we rotate QB's as well?

No d-lineman plays 100% of snaps. Too physically demanding. J.J. Watt did play over 90% of snaps in 5 seasons. He was a freak.
I dunno but isn't a lot, or atleast a material # of Andersons snaps gonna be spent as an upright LB (2-point) though of course on the los ?

Ryans played Nick Bosa about 75% the snaps. I don't know if the Texans will have enough depth to rotate as much as the Niners did. But I think that's Ryans' preference.

A lot depends on Greenard. If he’s healthy he’s a quality player. Ideally want to keep Hughes around 50% of snaps. But if Greenard can play 60-70% that leaves quality reps for Horton and whoever wins that designated pass rusher spot (Jacob Martin/Chase Winovich).

Then i’d feel comfortable with Anderson playing around 75% of snaps. But if Greenard can’t stay healthy then Anderson is going to have a hard time getting off the field for breaks.

Stroud signs as soon as Young signs I suspect.
Not if Mulugheta has anything to say about it, & that's what I'm waiting to see.

Does he sign, no hub-bub? Then all's right in the world & we can relax, for a little while any way.

But if there's drama, like waiting for the #1 pick to sign 1st (I can understand the #1 pick waiting for the #2 pick to sign) then we'll know who's really in control & wait for the other shoe to drop.

Stroud signs as soon as Young signs I suspect. Hopefully that’s before camp so we don’t have to hear about Mulughetta already making his mark on our shiny new 1st round rookie QB!

Now isn't the time to be concerned about DM. After yr 3 is the time to become concerned.

Stroud signs as soon as Young signs I suspect. Hopefully that’s before camp so we don’t have to hear about Mulughetta already making his mark on our shiny new 1st round rookie QB!
I don't get the delay in signing. Everything is slotted for the rookies. It must have to do with offset language in the contract.

Idk... I side a lot with this articles take. In one offseason the Texans filled the three biggest positions in football (LT,QB, Pass rusher) and this article makes a good point about next year; there isn't another Anderson next year. Also was not one last year. I am sold. Love the pick and I trust Nick.

But WA doesn't seem to have near the hype that my guy Jadeveon had, so why not if he's such a spectacular prospect ?
Now I'm talking about the reality of Clowney in the NFL which was somewhat of a disappointment as we all know, and WA certainly had a more productive college career but I'm just puzzled why his hype is not off the chart as JD's was ?

but I'm just puzzled why his hype is not off the chart as JD's was ?
Clowney was the #1 prospect in high school. The hype had been there for years, and then there was the big hit in the Michigan game. Anderson was a top 100 player, but only the 5th highest ranked in his class at Alabama. Bryce Young got all of the hype, and that never really changed.

Still, Clowney didn't have a QB prospect like Young or Stroud in his draft class. He would have gone 3rd, if he had. QBs go first.

Clowney was the #1 prospect in high school. The hype had been there for years, and then there was the big hit in the Michigan game. Anderson was a top 100 player, but only the 5th highest ranked in his class at Alabama. Bryce Young got all of the hype, and that never really changed.

Still, Clowney didn't have a QB prospect like Young or Stroud in his draft class. He would have gone 3rd, if he had. QBs go first.
Nevertheless I believe that Clowney still remains as the undisputed champion of hype and elevated expectations.
And yes I'm well aware of QBs being drafted first which was kinda my complaint about giving up so much for a non-QB.

Last edited:

Clowney made millions off that one hit on the Michigan rb. He basically went through the motions his last year in college. Mario Williams and Will Anderson were/are better prospects.

I don't get the delay in signing. Everything is slotted for the rookies. It must have to do with offset language in the contract.
DM,

Rhymes with BM and that's what's going on here, a bunch of crap.

This is not surprising at all, this is what Hannah and her marketing machine signed up for. This is only the beginning. If Stroud is avg or slightly above avg you can bet this will happen again after yr 3. Good luck with that Hannah.

But WA doesn't seem to have near the hype that my guy Jadeveon had, so why not if he's such a spectacular prospect ?
Now I'm talking about the reality of Clowney in the NFL which was somewhat of a disappointment as we all know, and WA certainly had a more productive college career but I'm just puzzled why his hype is not off the chart as JD's was ?
Clowney was mishandled by the Texans medical staff, which resulted in microfracture surgery. We never got to see the best of Clowney.

I think if jdc had less talent and was drafted #24 overall people would say he had a very solid career. When you’re #1 overall as a DE, people want sacks. Period.

What made it more frustrating to me was how truly gifted he was. The nfl is filled with amazing physical talent. On a field of 24 freaks of nature, he almost always stood out to me as THE GUY waiting to reach his potential. He was a damn good run defender ,but he never could translate his talent into a generational pass rusher. We got the occasional wow play and always wanted more. He didn't deliver.

WA doesn't have his physical talent. That's OK. Hopefully he has twice the heart. Time will tell ,but I fully understand less hype.

Back