Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Will Anderson

I woke up a happy Texans fan for the first time in many, many years. :fans:

No more Buttchin. No more Littlefinger. No more pervert drama.

We've got a new head coach with deep ties to the organization that wants to be here, and the franchise made sure that he got his two picks to start building his team.

I feel like DeMeco + Stroud/Anderson just reset the clock on the last three years.

I'm really looking forward to this season. I haven't felt this excited about the Texans in a long, long time.

We've got a new head coach with deep ties to the organization that wants to be here, and the franchise made sure that he got his two picks to start building his team.

I feel like DeMeco + Stroud/Anderson just reset the clock on the last three years.

I'm really looking forward to this season. I haven't felt this excited about the Texans in a long, long time.

"My fellow Texans fans, our long, Butt-Chin induced franchise nightmare is over..."

Hopefully it will allow some of the missing (didn't want to say old) such as Gma, glasshalffull,ted currier and others to return and start posting again

QB C.J. Stroud happily shocked when Texans followed his selection with Will Anderson: 'Whoa, no way'
Stroud said Thursday night that he "had a feeling" the Texans would try to make a move up to grab Anderson, but when he saw the screens indicating that the Texans had made the move up to No. 3, he was shocked.
"I had just been picked," he said, via TexansWire. "I was already juiced up, and I turned around and I was like, 'Hold up, the Texans are still up.' So, I said, 'Whoa, no way.'"

And in the green room across the building, Anderson was feeling similar emotions, brought on both by the Texans' bold move and by what it meant about how much the team wanted him.
"My heart had dropped," Anderson said, via the team website. "I had just seen Houston, Texas, pop up on my phone and I was like, 'They think you're that good to come up and trade and get you,' you know what I'm saying? It's just a big blessing."

And a real GM too. Don’t forget Caserio.

He had a good off-season signing FAs, had a good draft, and orchestrated the Watson trade.

I had noticed before that Anderson's production diminished greatly this past year from 2021, granted he played in two fewer games.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/will-anderson-jr-1.html

But now that I have had more time watching more of his games, I saw two different players.

He had a little more pep in his steps and his movements overall in 2021; including his actions when shedding blocks. He was also more relentless.

No major injury was ever noted in 2022, but I still wonder if he was bothered by something minor.

If Anderson can get back to the same form that he was in 2021, the Texans will have a difference maker on the D.

I had noticed before that Anderson's production diminished greatly this past year from 2021, granted he played in two fewer games.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/will-anderson-jr-1.html

But now that I have had more time watching more of his games, I saw two different players.

He had a little more pep in his steps and his movements overall in 2021; including his actions when shedding blocks. He was also more relentless.

No major injury was ever noted in 2022, but I still wonder if he was bothered by something minor.

If Anderson can get back to the same form that he was in 2021, the Texans will have a difference maker on the D.
Maybe he was missing Mathis and Harris

I'm hearing several being upset that they used a first next year to land him, but you don't get two of the top three players in the draft, one arguably being the best defensive player in the draft, without giving up some draft capital
I heard someone say there were about 15 true 1st round picks in this draft.

I’m watching & thinking 8, maybe 9. & Houston got 2 of them

Looks like I’m going to have to buy the You Tube Sunday Ticket package after all…….

FB friend Russell needs to step up and own it also…..

Sometimes I look back and think “I began becoming jaded right about the time of David Carr’s first sack…” That era where JJ was picked was so weird (one of many). The whole Kubiak Defensive Coordinator fiasco and some draft picks had just really come up short in the years leading up to that. Who knew? In hindsight “I apologize JJ. I was wrong.”

Sometimes I look back and think “I began becoming jaded right about the time of David Carr’s first sack…” That era where JJ was picked was so weird (one of many). The whole Kubiak Defensive Coordinator fiasco and some draft picks had just really come up short in the years leading up to that. Who knew? In hindsight “I apologize JJ. I was wrong.”

For me, there's a different feel with Rick Smith's drafts vs. The Carstereo's drafts.

With Smith, you had to give him his due when he was selecting in the first round, but after that, most picks were head scratchers. He'd pick players that didn't seem to fit, or that most people had a much lower grade on, or had some sort of major wart... or were for a position we didn't really need. It was more like it felt he was just letting the draft come to him. Then he'd turn around and frequently kill it with the UDFAs.

The Carstereo's picks make sense to me. They're usually guys we've been talking about or looking at, and he usually picks positions where we know we need players. Yeah, he might sling the later picks around and trade up to get a specific guy that maybe we expected to drop a little bit, but he feels more like he has a plan and that he's targeting specific guys. I like that.

And I realize some people don't like it. And that's fine, too.

For me, there's a different feel with Rick Smith's drafts vs. The Carstereo's drafts.

With Smith, you had to give him his due when he was selecting in the first round, but after that, most picks were head scratchers. He'd pick players that didn't seem to fit, or that most people had a much lower grade on, or had some sort of major wart... or were for a position we didn't really need. It was more like it felt he was just letting the draft come to him. Then he'd turn around and frequently kill it with the UDFAs.

The Carstereo's picks make sense to me. They're usually guys we've been talking about or looking at, and he usually picks positions where we know we need players. Yeah, he might sling the later picks around and trade up to get a specific guy that maybe we expected to drop a little bit, but he feels more like he has a plan and that he's targeting specific guys. I like that.

And I realize some people don't like it. And that's fine, too.
That is the difference between "Doing your homework on the first pick" vs "Doing your homework on the draft"

Cam Robinson & Anton Harrison. Andre Dillard & Nicholas Petit-Frere. Bernhard Raimann & Braden Smith. AFC South OTs. Meet Will Anderson Jr. He will be in your backfield, sacking your QB, over the next several years. Many of you will lose your jobs because of this. Just a heads up.

1424708810-850x560.jpeg

Let me just copyright some of these up front:
Where there's a WILL there's a way!
Will Power Defeats All Powers.
Free Will
When The Will is Ready, The Feet are Light
Will Cannot Be Quenched
The Will of God

I'm sure there are others, but this is a start.
my personal favorite:

WILL you tell your quarterback to stand back up?

I like the pick too but I have definite reservations about what it cost us.

You gotta' let it go, man. What's done is done. And if he turns out to be a JJ for the next decade, that price will be irrelevant.

Lance Z. was talking about Anderson and how he's "The Man" when he walks into the locker room, much like DeMeco was when he came here in 2006. This is a guy that can lead both on and off the field. He'll be an extension of DeMeco, and I honestly have high expectations (even though I've tried to generally avoid expectations).

I really think this is a new era for the Texans. What DeMeco (and Nick as his GM) has brought are intangibles that has been missing for a long time on Kirby.

You gotta' let it go, man. What's done is done. And if he turns out to be a JJ for the next decade, that price will be irrelevant.

Lance Z. was talking about Anderson and how he's "The Man" when he walks into the locker room, much like DeMeco was when he came here in 2006. This is a guy that can lead both on and off the field. He'll be an extension of DeMeco, and I honestly have high expectations (even though I've tried to generally avoid expectations).

I really think this is a new era for the Texans. What DeMeco (and Nick as his GM) has brought are intangibles that has been missing for a long time on Kirby.

Exactly. The team is starving for alpha leaders. Will Anderson was the alpha at one of the best football programs in college football as soon as he stepped foot on the field. The Texans need that!

He is instantly the best player on this defense. And I wouldn’t be surprised if he is voted captain game 1.

I like the pick too but I have definite reservations about what it cost us.
I've kinda bought into SBT's thinking. If there's a player (especially QB), you do what you need to do to get that player. The Texans did what they needed to do to fill their two biggest needs on both sides of the ball with excellent players at their respective positions.
There's no guarantee on players for the 2024 draft. Having said that, I'd be all in on Marvin Harrison Jr. in next year's draft, dependent upon production and health.
As for the rest of the draft, the Texans picked guys who weren't on my radar at all, except Juice Scruggs and I had him going much, much later in the draft (PFF's mock simulator and rankings). I have faith in the FO and coaching staff this year that I haven't had in almost a decade.

The Texans selecting Will Anderson Jr. with the No. 3 overall pick in the NFL Draft intrigued 2022 NFL Defensive Player of the Year Nick Bosa.
Bosa believes Anderson Jr. could help new HC and former 49ers DC DeMeco Ryans establish a solid defensive blueprint.

"I'm pretty sure they're going to try to emulate what we did in San Francisco...and with a young guy like that, you can mold him into a lot of things," Bosa recently told Yahoo Sports' Jori Epstein. "I heard he likes to watch tape on me, so it'll be fun to see him try some of my moves out."
It would be ideal for Houston if Anderson Jr. reproduces a Bosa-like stat line in Ryans' system.

In two seasons under Ryans, the 49ers DE entered his prime. He made two Pro Bowls, recorded a career-high 18.5 sacks in 16 games last season, and he racked up a career-high 21 tackles for loss in 17 games in 2021.

Bosa's elite performance supercharged the 49ers defense, which has allowed the second-fewest points (642) in the league since 2021 and has carried them to consecutive NFC championship appearances.

"Ryans envisioned Anderson Jr. as the kind of game-changing edge-rusher all great defenses have, similar to the one he had built around in his previous job in San Francisco: Nick Bosa," wroteESPN's Kevin Seifert.

Anderson Jr. is an outstanding prospect. In three seasons at Alabama, he recorded 34.5 sacks and 62 tackles for loss; both marks are second-most in program history behind Pro Hall of Famer Derrick Thomas.

The Texans traded two first-rounders (and more) to Arizona to select Anderson Jr. It's a huge gamble but worthwhile if the 21-year-old becomes a defensive centerpiece and a player of a similar caliber to Bosa.

Nick Bosa:
6’3 3/4, 266, 33” arms

Will Anderson Jr:
6’3 3/4, 253, 33 7/8” arms

Nick Bosa:
40-yard Dash - 4.79
10-Yard Split - 1.55

Will Anderson:
40-Yard Dash - 4.6
10-Yard Split - 1.61

Back