Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Welcome to Houston Will Anderson

Will Anderson Jr. doesn’t really have a direct comp, but will compete and be compared to Aiden Hutchinson for their respective careers :logo:

DeMarcus Ware
I dunno but I believe that Ware was basically a 3-4 OLB whereas Will is basically a DE,
although it's a valid comp in other ways like in size & measurements and not least of all
in their desire and drive to compete (also known as an insane motor !).

Will Anderson Jr. doesn’t really have a direct comp, but will compete and be compared to Aiden Hutchinson for their respective careers :logo:
Will Anderson isn't an easy comp. Despite his size, he's physical. Plays with an urgent, high motor style. In that way, he plays like John Randle, former Vikings DT. If you go to the wayback machine, 70s Rams DE Jack Youngblood is similar. Not big, but physical. Always disruptive. An absolute handful for offenses to deal with.

I dunno but I believe that Ware was basically a 3-4 OLB whereas Will is basically a DE,
although it's a valid comp in other ways like in size & measurements and not least of all
in their desire and drive to compete (also known as an insane motor !).

Yes, Ware played the majority of his career as a 3-4 rushbacker. But his responsibilities weren't much different than Anderson's, ie kill the man with the ball plus set some edge.

More to the point is a combination of styles of play - bull rush with quick strong handplay, explosiveness and smart angles, and insane motor - and body size/type plus speed/strength metrics.

Yes, Ware played the majority of his career as a 3-4 rushbacker. But his responsibilities weren't much different than Anderson's, ie kill the man with the ball plus set some edge.

More to the point is a combination of styles of play - bull rush with quick strong handplay, explosiveness and smart angles, and insane motor - and body size/type plus speed/strength metrics.
Ware had them long ass arms too. He could strike from a distance

Will Anderson isn't an easy comp. Despite his size, he's physical. Plays with an urgent, high motor style. In that way, he plays like John Randle, former Vikings DT. If you go to the wayback machine, 70s Rams DE Jack Youngblood is similar. Not big, but physical. Always disruptive. An absolute handful for offenses to deal with.
He’s truly unique, his evolution continues with seemingly no ceiling. Mack wouldn’t be bad comp I suppose from tape alone but his leadership & ownership set him apart from his peers.

He’s truly unique, his evolution continues with seemingly no ceiling. Mack wouldn’t be bad comp I suppose from tape alone but his leadership & ownership set him apart from his peers.
What I like about Anderson is that he’s been the alpha amongst alphas since he’s been playing football.

University of Alabama freshmen year he’s the best player on defense.

Rookie year first day on the job he’s the leader of the defense.

But now i’m interested in seeing what he could become in year two with this the first time in his career where he is playing with veterans he can genuinely defer to and learn from (Hunter, Autry on the DL, Azeez at LB, keep Ward healthy at safety).

I would say right now Danielle Hunter is a better player than Anderson. And he has never been the #2 guy before. I am excited to see how this accelerates his growth.

Back