Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Goodbye, TE Adam Shaheen: failed physical/trade

He's been traded twice. Miami thought enough of him to sign him to a 2 year extension.
JB, if Shaheen can't make the Texans opening day roster, do you think Nick will be able to trade him?

JB, if Shaheen can't make the Texans opening day roster, do you think Nick will be able to trade him?
If he can't make the roster, then I will consider it a wasted pick. If he does though, I'll consider it a genius move

If he can't make the roster, then I will consider it a wasted pick. If he does though, I'll consider it a genius move
Genius seems over the top, but maybe brilliant.

brilliant-guiness.gif

He has 7 td in 5 years. I'm still trying to understand. Look, every move they perform isn't going to work out, that's ok
I honestly don’t know why you’d swap picks for this guy. TE market that bad?

& I don’t mind using late round picks to acquire players. But this guy has been a blank since he entered the league.

He can't get open thats why he's not targeted more.
At 6'-7" how open do you need to be? If he has the hands, an OC can design plays where he has 4 or 5 passes thrown his way each game.

My understanding of our offense is that the passing game is going to be predicated more on the intermediate and short passes, with the deep pass taken only if the first read shows it's there. Mills will not be waiting for a receiver to get open deep and is being instructed to quickly check down. I've seen comments about how Mills is predominately completing these short passes in practice. From what I've read, this is by design.

Can't say if Shaheen will or won't make the team, but he seems to be a fit for Hamilton's scheme.

Reactions: JB
At 6'-7" how open do you need to be? If he has the hands, an OC can design plays where he has 4 or 5 passes thrown his way each game.

My understanding of our offense is that the passing game is going to be predicated more on the intermediate and short passes, with the deep pass taken only if the first read shows it's there. Mills will not be waiting for a receiver to get open deep and is being instructed to quickly check down. I've seen comments about how Mills is predominately completing these short passes in practice. From what I've read, this is by design.

Can't say if Shaheen will or won't make the team, but he seems to be a fit for Hamilton's scheme.
Just because you're a tall wr doesn't mean you're open even at 6'7. Remember Kelvin Benjamin and Devin Funchess or Hardy at Buffalo? There are nuances to get a little air space so qb's can throw the ball. People underestimate how good some of these defenders are at not only reading your hands,but eyes. That's why the truly great or good wr's don't show their hands until the last seconds.

He has 7 td in 5 years. I'm still trying to understand. Look, every move they perform isn't going to work out, that's ok. Anthony Miller and the qb from Cincy are a couple of examples. The de from Miami for the Texans inside backer was a lose lose. We don't have to act like he's going to honestly help this team because he didn't help the other 2. Its ok

Agreed every move isn't going to work out. Particularly when you're talking about trading 6th/7th rd picks for guys. But taking a chance on guys that were highly rated in the draft and didn't work out because of a guy like Giesecki is a bet that I would take. Especially when you look at the the current Texans TE room. Are you looking at this guy as a JAG, which he probably is, or should you be looking at this guy as a possible upgrade over the current Jags or less that are on the roster. He would've been an upgrade over what was the penalty machine that was Pharoh last yr. BTW, I'm hoping that the positive reports in TC that Pharoh has improved are true. that would really help Mills out. This is why I think Mayer would be a great pick next yr. That guys a stud.

Agreed every move isn't going to work out. Particularly when you're talking about trading 6th/7th rd picks for guys. But taking a chance on guys that were highly rated in the draft and didn't work out because of a guy like Giesecki is a bet that I would take. Especially when you look at the the current Texans TE room. Are you looking at this guy as a JAG, which he probably is, or should you be looking at this guy as a possible upgrade over the current Jags or less that are on the roster. He would've been an upgrade over what was the penalty machine that was Pharoh last yr. BTW, I'm hoping that the positive reports in TC that Pharoh has improved are true. that would really help Mills out. This is why I think Mayer would be a great pick next yr. That guys a stud.
Why you think they didn't take a stab at some of those 1st rd flameouts like Howard and Engram?

How do you explain that the OCs he’s played for can’t see what is so obvious to you?

Why you think they didn't take a stab at some of those 1st rd flameouts like Howard and Engram?
Cap space/Money.

BTW, I wanted Caserio to sign either Allie-Cox or Howard in FA to help Mills out. Caserio decided to go with Pharaoh and Jordan. I'm betting Caserio looked at next yrs TE class and said we can get by this yr at the TE position and next year we will draft Mayer/LaPorta etc...

What did I get wrong? That Shaheen hasn't been on the field much? Or that he keeps getting dumped? Not very Austin Hooper-like.

I will give this positive for Shaheen. He's only been penalized 5 times in his career. Pharoah Brown was penalized 10 times just last season. So, Shaheen's got that going for him.
Look at the guys who were on front of him.

I'm not saying he's a long term answer.

Cap space/Money.

BTW, I wanted Caserio to sign either Allie-Cox or Howard in FA to help Mills out. Caserio decided to go with Pharaoh and Jordan. I'm betting Caserio looked at next yrs TE class and said we can get by this yr at the TE position and next year we will draft Mayer/LaPorta etc...
They signed 1 year deals. They had the money, just strange.

How do you explain that the OCs he’s played for can’t see what is so obvious to you?
I don't attempt to explain others. And what do I see that is so obvious? I went back and reread what I posted. I merely stated that OC's can design plays to get the ball to the TE. You disagree? I also expressed my opinion that Shaheen seems to fit Hamilton's offense. How can an OC in the past see what Pep is doing with the Texans today? I also stated I know zilch about the guy. By my last statement it should be obvious I'm taking a wait-and-see approach to the acquisition.

I'm out of here again. There's more important things happening than football.

Just because you're a tall wr doesn't mean you're open even at 6'7. Remember Kelvin Benjamin and Devin Funchess or Hardy at Buffalo? There are nuances to get a little air space so qb's can throw the ball. People underestimate how good some of these defenders are at not only reading your hands,but eyes. That's why the truly great or good wr's don't show their hands until the last seconds.

You made a great case if Shaheen was a WR.

Last edited:
Giesecki is pretty good period. If he had a qb, he would be a probowler

Yep, I'm hoping Caserio signs Gieseki in FA and drafts Mayer in the 1st. Hopefully Metchie makes it back. That's ELITE weaponry, Remember teams with the best TE's are playing deep into the playoffs.

I don't attempt to explain others. And what do I see that is so obvious? I went back and reread what I posted. I merely stated that OC's can design plays to get the ball to the TE. You disagree? I also expressed my opinion that Shaheen seems to fit Hamilton's offense. How can an OC in the past see what Pep is doing with the Texans today? I also stated I know zilch about the guy. By my last statement it should be obvious I'm taking a wait-and-see approach to the acquisition.

I'm out of here again. There's more important things happening than football.

Glad you're back.

PM ME what MB's you're talking politics on now days.

Nor will I activate it.

The harvesting of information by these globalist operatives is frankly sickening.

They have all our info and predicted habits down to a science. Also they make it addicting. Turn us against each other. Make us more dumber.

Big brother just requests info and they hand it over.

And we find out months and years after the fact.

They have all our info and predicted habits down to a science. Also they make it addicting. Turn us against each other. Make us more dumber.

Big brother just requests info and they hand it over.

And we find out months and years after the fact.
Thats why you zig when they expect you to zag.

Every now and then type in "What's this rash?"
"Why are federal agencies so awesome?" "Can you drown a demon possessed doll?"
"Do the voices really have my best interests at heart?" "Does this look infected?" "What is a Mycherona anyway?" "What is the protein value of toenails?"....
Etc.

They can't predict you if you can't even predict yourself.

Back