Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Goodbye, TE Adam Shaheen: failed physical/trade

It's a 6th for a 7th and the best blocking TE on the roster. Even if this fails, it's hardly a case of being snookered.
I agree...not much given away when we are talking about a 6th and 7th round pick...basically scraping the bottom of the barrel or trying to package them to move up in the following years draft....BUT...thought they liked the TE group and the progress this group was making.....so why are we adding another TE?? Especially when cuts will be coming up here pretty soon.....hmmm..

I agree...not much given away when we are talking about a 6th and 7th round pick...basically scraping the bottom of the barrel or trying to package them to move up in the following years draft....BUT...thought they liked the TE group and the progress this group was making.....so why are we adding another TE?? Especially when cuts will be coming up here pretty soon.....hmmm..
Auclair is hurt.

Don't believe what they say. Believe what they do.

Auclair is hurt right now, but he is also pretty one dimensional. When cuts come down, expect to see Auclair go on the Pup, if not outright released. Schreck will probably the next to be cut. Seth Green will probably also get cut, and signed to the practice squad. Sheehan is a veteran that has show he can play in the NFL. We know Pharaoh and Brevin will make the team, and I think they carry 4 TE's, so I see the 3rd being Sheehan, and the 4th being Quitoriano.

So why did Miami want him gone? Are they loaded with TE’s, or they prefer airing it out with a bunch of WR’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's a 6th for a 7th and the best blocking TE on the roster. Even if this fails, it's hardly a case of being snookered.
Right we paid virtually nothing for him, I mean you know the difference between a 6th and 7th round pick is insignificant
and we get an experieced TE with size who might help us.
I'm not familiar with the player but on the surface it looks like Caserio got the best of it, but no biggie either way.

I'm down with this trade. Low risk, "decent" upside reward guy if he ever put it together. I don't see much downside to this.

We've only got two TE's that are decent. Was a former 2nd rounder who has never put it all together for a late round pick swap?

This is the opposite of the draft day moves where it was high risk. This is super low to basically no risk. Where's the negative in that?

I'm guessing you're not liking the 6th/7th rd pick swap? LMAO
I'll be fine with it if Shaheen makes the team. Otherwise, no. Not going to like it.

Shaheen is a misfit toy because he's a flex TE in a Y TE body. He's never played more than 46% of offensive snaps in 5 years. Teams bring Shaheen in thinking they can make him a player. Then dump him. I guess it's the Texans turn to try. He looks like a good red zone target. But, how often do we think the Texans are going to be in the red zone?

I'll be fine with it if Shaheen makes the team. Otherwise, no. Not going to like it.

Shaheen is a misfit toy because he's a flex TE in a Y TE body. He's never played more than 46% of offensive snaps in 5 years. Teams bring Shaheen in thinking they can make him a player. Then dump him. I guess it's the Texans turn to try. He looks like a good red zone target. But, how often do we think the Texans are going to be in the red zone?
He's not as bad as your making him out to be. I see him as a Austin Hooper type TE, who has been behind some pretty good TE's. Gieseki is pretty good.

Hopefully they will be in the RZ a lot more often. The main problem with the offense was the inability to convert 3rd and short/ GL type plays. Hopefully Pierce will help with this, along with Collins. There will definitely be big targets available in the RZ this year.

He's not as bad as your making him out to be. I see him as a Austin Hooper type TE
What did I get wrong? That Shaheen hasn't been on the field much? Or that he keeps getting dumped? Not very Austin Hooper-like.

I will give this positive for Shaheen. He's only been penalized 5 times in his career. Pharoah Brown was penalized 10 times just last season. So, Shaheen's got that going for him.

Last edited:
He's not as bad as your making him out to be. I see him as a Austin Hooper type TE, who has been behind some pretty good TE's. Gieseki is pretty good.

Hopefully they will be in the RZ a lot more often. The main problem with the offense was the inability to convert 3rd and short/ GL type plays. Hopefully Pierce will help with this, along with Collins. There will definitely be big targets available in the RZ this year.
He's not that good. I mean, the guy he's replacing,Akins ,has been more productive in 1 less year of service

He's a FA after this year and Miami had an over abundance of TE's
He was a 4th rd pick in 2017 by Bears. He was traded to Miami who had Gseiki, but nobody else. Couldn't get any targets and is traded for a 6th rd pick and 7th rd swap and is a free agent the season. He has 55 catches on 71 targets in 5 yrs for 500 yds. In my opinion and from watching the Dolphins, he's a JAG.

He was a 4th rd pick in 2017 by Bears. He was traded to Miami who had Gseiki, but nobody else. Couldn't get any targets and is traded for a 6th rd pick and 7th rd swap and is a free agent the season. He has 55 catches on 71 targets in 5 yrs for 500 yds. In my opinion and from watching the Dolphins, he's a JAG.

A JAG that's a good RZ target is an upgrade.

Reactions: JB
Low price to pay for a former 2nd round pick that is big, can run, catch and block. He doesn't have many highlights but the few he does have look great. I like this better than the Quitoriano pick.
Exactly when did Shaheen do all that running, blocking and catching? He's former all right. I am still hoping for Brevin Jordan to be successful.

I prefer Quentin Tarantino.

Yes but IF he makes team then someone takes him in free agency...
We could get a 7th round comp! Trading a high round 6 for TWO low round 7s....
Now I know the plan !!

Not commenting on whether this guy is a JAG, or not. I don't know squat about him.

But, is a 77% completion rate "average" for the TE position? To be "good" what should a TE catch? 90% of everything thrown to him? Maybe just 85%?

Just off the cuff, seems to me he should be targeted more often.

A JAG that's a good RZ target is an upgrade.
He has 7 td in 5 years. I'm still trying to understand. Look, every move they perform isn't going to work out, that's ok. Anthony Miller and the qb from Cincy are a couple of examples. The de from Miami for the Texans inside backer was a lose lose. We don't have to act like he's going to honestly help this team because he didn't help the other 2. Its ok

Not commenting on whether this guy is a JAG, or not. I don't know squat about him.

But, is a 77% completion rate "average" for the TE position? To be "good" what should a TE catch? 90% of everything thrown to him? Maybe just 85%?

Just off the cuff, seems to me he should be targeted more often.
He can't get open thats why he's not targeted more.

Back