Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Jamal Hill

Im going to stick my neck out and say i think Hill is going to get quite a few snaps.

One thing that i worry about with DB to front seven conversions is the difference in physicality. Not with ball carriers, but with blockers. Can you take on an OLineman, hold your ground, shed the block, get off and make the play? You cant be in there getting washed.

Hill does not get washed. He needs to get better at it, but for a guy who started as a corner he is better than expected. I think his long arms and wingspan help. For oregon they even played him at times as the MLB in goaline situations.

Hes got some things to work on but i like this guy a lot.

Future starter! 225 x17 strong! 2023 12 pressure 2 sacks. 33 inch vertical which helps. Only an 87.9 QBR! Slot/nickle/man press or LB. He will be on field more than maybe expected and I think he will be a gunner on kickoffs allowing those to be kept within 20. I see him eventually getting some reps at safety.
I am going out on a limb and predict he could be our best value pick in this draft.

Future starter! 225 x17 strong! 2023 12 pressure 2 sacks. 33 inch vertical which helps. Only an 87.9 QBR! Slot/nickle/man press or LB. He will be on field more than maybe expected and I think he will be a gunner on kickoffs allowing those to be kept within 20. I see him eventually getting some reps at safety.
I am going out on a limb and predict he could be our best value pick in this draft.
High praise :fans:

Jag player? Idk, looks like a solid piece for depth. From the eye test, he has some fire to his game. Highlights are real short though

The kid ran a 4.41 40 at 226lbs, thats special, his speed jumps out on film, I'd assume a ST guy from the get....I like the pick

As a rookie, I see him almost exclusively on teams and will be a key ST contributor…pending injury situations. Longer term, I see some sort of big nickel coverage LB/safety hybrid type role. He’s not cut out to be a traditional LB, but I feel good about someone that has his athletic ability, if he’s willing to work his tail off.

As a rookie, I see him almost exclusively on teams and will be a key ST contributor…pending injury situations. Longer term, I see some sort of big nickel coverage LB/safety hybrid type role. He’s not cut out to be a traditional LB, but I feel good about someone that has his athletic ability, if he’s willing to work his tail off.
Yep, will be a core ST's guy while he learns how to play LB in the NFL.

National talking heads are clueless. They have very thin grasp of anything representing the actual depth of a team's roster. I doubt any of them can name off more than 10 players on any roster without a teleprompter, yet they are experts?

National talking heads are clueless. They have very thin grasp of anything representing the actual depth of a team's roster. I doubt any of them can name off more than 10 players on any roster without a teleprompter, yet they are experts?
Yeah it really kills me when they hammer a pick with the reasoning that "they really need help at position 'x'" as if some random 6th rounder is going to be a plug and play starter at any position for you.

Jamal Hill was a Safety and only recently was tried as a LB. He's reportedly a sound tackler and can cover man to man. Any chance he'll be tried at Nickle and how effectively?

I've got no idea about Hill.
For a 6th round pick, he's got a pretty good profile at Draft Buzz, as a Safety. Coachable negatives. He can make the 53 on special teams, but as a LB, he'll only be depth in a backup role. His best opportunity to contribute as a starter may be as a big Nickle.

As things stand right now, who likely will fill the Nickle role? Who would he be up against?

For a 6th round pick, he's got a pretty good profile at Draft Buzz, as a Safety. Coachable negatives. He can make the 53 on special teams, but as a LB, he'll only be depth in a backup role. His best opportunity to contribute as a starter may be as a big Nickle.

As things stand right now, who likely will fill the Nickle role? Who would he be up against?
Nickle looks like it could be Lassiter, Bryant, or King.

There are several options though and I really want Lassiter to be given a proper chance at winning the outside job.

I think Hill has a chance to surprise. Just about every year a rookie or rookies perform above expectations.

Im picking Hill to be one of the surprises.

Back