Honorable mentions:

• Quandre Diggs – Seattle Seahawks
  • Marcus Williams – Baltimore Ravens
  • Kyle Dugger – New England Patriots
  • Jordan Poyer – Buffalo Bills
  • Micah Hyde – Buffalo Bills
  • Xavier McKinney – New York Giants
  • Jalen Pitre – Houston Texans

Just wondering what has happened to our (former) star Safety?
His rookie season he was going gangbusters - I just wonder if he is nursing an injury or the scheme doesn't suit him?

True

Also I think missing Ward has been a big issue for the backend of the defense. How many partners has Petrie had playing the other safety position next to him?
Yeah, I think his natural ability is to sell out a bit and go after the big play, requires the guy next to him to have the nouse and ability to recognise what holes he’s leaving behind and prioritise what to cover.

True

Also I think missing Ward has been a big issue for the backend of the defense. How many partners has Petrie had playing the other safety position next to him?

Hopefully his subpar play has more to do with the injury than not having Ward next to him. Injuries and Free agency happen so I'd rather have guys who are good in their own right rather than guys who turn to dog crap when a piece or two goes out.

Seth Payne mentioned that on that stop before the half while the play was still going on Pitre ran off the field to the locker room celebrating the stop...Only problem is the play was still going. Whistle hadn't been blown. His teammates were still fighting to get the guy down and/or fully stop his progress.

Personally, I don't think he's focused.

Pitre sucks canal water this year. He only goes for the big play, but he nearly always misses said big play. Whether it's a missed sack on a blitz, a missed interception, or a pop on a ball carrier for a loss, he's nearly always a day late and a dollar short. I'm going to start calling him "Mr. Almost." He almost makes a lot of plays. Unfortunately for him, almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

I wouldn't cut him for 24 or anything hasty, but if he doesn't turn it around next year, I'm looking for his replacement in the 25 draft...and then I'm not resigning him when his rookie deal is done. He's a talented kid and great athlete, but he's not showing it right now. I think a lot of it is mental. Hopefully...he gets it worked out.

Hopefully his subpar play has more to do with the injury than not having Ward next to him. Injuries and Free agency happen so I'd rather have guys who are good in their own right rather than guys who turn to dog crap when a piece or two goes out.

Seth Payne mentioned that on that stop before the half while the play was still going on Pitre ran off the field to the locker room celebrating the stop...Only problem is the play was still going. Whistle hadn't been blown. His teammates were still fighting to get the guy down and/or fully stop his progress.

Personally, I don't think he's focused.
Or he had to go pee.

Back