Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Desmond King (and 799 others)

I've thought that King was playing out of position as a nickel CB. I think his best fit is as a combo Saety. Interested in how Lovie might utilize King.

I think King can be a really good outside zone CB, seeing the ball. Just dont ask him to play man to man outside or in the slot. I know he would be a really good FS, he's got great ball skills. Pair King with Reid at S and you would have a huge upgrade over Murray and his slide tackling self. LMAO What a waste of $$$$ spending on Murray.

A CB room of King/Mitchell/Roby while not great is better than what they had last yr. I'm still hoping they draft a couple of CB's in the 3rd/4th rd. My favorites are Joseph/Gowan/Vincent/Rochelle. Drafting 2 of these guys would allow King to play FS. They all have 1 thing in common, they're fast.

BTW, Could you post an order and rd the Texans are drafting from?

Last edited:
I think King can be a really good outside zone CB, seeing the ball. Just dont ask him to play man to man outside or in the slot. I know he would be a really good FS, he's got great ball skills. Pair King with Reid at S and you would have a huge upgrade over Murray and his slide tackling self. LMAO What a waste of $$$$ spending on Murray.

A CB room of King/Mitchell/Roby while not great is better than what they had last yr. I'm still hoping they draft a couple of CB's in the 3rd/4th rd. My favorites are Joseph/Gowan/Vincent/Rochelle. Drafting 2 of these guys would allow King to play FS. They all have 1 thing in common, they're fast.

I've been a fan of Desmond King going back to his college days. I think Lovie Smith's system is a good fit for him. He's a very instinctive player who has had success in college and NFL on both defense/special teams despite his physical limitations.

Wasn't King in the running for droy?

3-67
4-109
5-147
5-158
6-195
6-203
6-212

He has made a good living as a slot CB. But he could be a combination S/CB

Things change. He was traded for a 6th round pick last year , then signed for $3 million this offseason. Clearly not considered to be the same player as before. And this is King’s biggest payday, to date.

Things change. He was traded for a 6th round pick last year , then signed for $3 million this offseason. Clearly not considered to be the same player as before. And this is King’s biggest payday, to date.

Who was Kings traded to? I thought he was with the Chargers

Back